Summit "Flex- My Time Dining" Questions

Terry in NJ

Hi,

Sailing on the Summit 8-29 to NE/Canada, very excited!

We are a group of 7 and have chosen the "Flex- My Time"

Dining option.

Does Celebrity Summit have this under control?

I ask because last August on the RCCL Explorer of the Seas, it was a fiasco. You had to make reservations, and it wasn't "YOUR" time, it was a set choice of times the dining room gave you (like 6:00, 6;45, 7:30 HUH? MY TIME?).

But Princess truly has it down pat, our party of 8 showed up any time we wished (4 years ago) between 6:30 and 7:30 and were seated within 5-10 minutes.

Also, I've read several places that you can make ressies online ahead of time. But I can't seem to find that in the Celebrity website...

Thanks in advance for your help and any advice you can offer!

We sailed on the Summit in July and had Select Dining. We walked in each evening without reservations and had no problems. If we wanted a table for two, there often was a 10-15 minute wait. However, since we were willing to share, we were seated immediately. If the entire table was not seated at once, most waiters knew how to control the courses so that everyone was served at the same time. The food was great and the service was wonderful. We love the select option - first choice for all trips, regardless of the line.

We did the select dining on Princess and it was wonderful. Then we did it again on NCL and it was a nightmare. I was afraid to try it again so booked traditional dining on our next cruise. I like the concept of select dining, as first dining is often a rush after being in port, and second seating is too late for us, but wasn't sure how well it worked, after our last experience.

Just to point out, Celebrity strongly requests reservations.....

I know you can make reservations well in advance (months) but that is not realistic for me. How do I go about making a change in my reservation time the day of the dinner? I plan on making a 7pm reservation each night well before the cruise, but who knows on any particular day if plans change.

Thanks!

Archived