soda fountain packages

illi

For kids (under 18), it's $4/day plus 15% gratuity. For a seven-day cruise, that'd be $32.20.

For adults, it's $6/day plus 15% gratuity, so $48.30 for a seven-day cruise.

This is assuming you buy in advance or while at sea (note that you pay for all days of the cruise, even if you buy after the first day). I believe that if you buy it when you board while the ship is still docked, you may also pay local sales tax as well.

Hi can anyone tell me how much are the soda fountain packages? I will be travelling with kids so i think it's worth it!!

I will never buy a soda package again on any cruise ship. It's not the real thing as is in the can. They get the syrup in bulk form and mix it with fizzy water. Depending on where you are going, you could pick-up packs of soda at each port and just use the mini-refrig in the cabin - we do this

all the time.

Alot of people get hung up about waiting untill you are at sea to buy the pass to avoid paying the sales tax. If you board at noon and dont sail untill 5, Wouldnt the soda that you buy while you are waiting to sail pay the tax? I'm not a math geek or anything but wouldnt it work out? If you are going to buy the soda card, just get it. Expecially for the kids.

I will never buy a soda package again on any cruise ship. It's not the real thing as is in the can. They get the syrup in bulk form and mix it with fizzy water. Depending on where you are going, you could pick-up packs of soda at each port and just use the mini-refrig in the cabin - we do this

all the time.

For an adult that is great, but for kids the soda card is the way to go, especially for teens. Much easier for them to flash their sea pass and get sodas as they want than to have to have them sign for each one. Also, one of our family rules is if your drink is out of your sight for even a second, toss it and get another. With kids they often take a few sips, go back to their activity, then reach for another. With the card they are free to get another without getting another charge or heading back to the cabin to get another out of the fridge!

On the last 3 cruises i have taken I have gotten the soda package AS I WALKED ON THE SHIP...its usually my first stop. I have NEVER been charged taxes. They usually wait until late night the first night to charge you....or at least they have for me. My account as always been billed just the $6 +15% per day, never anymore!

On the last 3 cruises i have taken I have gotten the soda package AS I WALKED ON THE SHIP...its usually my first stop. I have NEVER been charged taxes. They usually wait until late night the first night to charge you....or at least they have for me. My account as always been billed just the $6 +15% per day, never anymore!

Ditto. Didn't get charged sales tax last year on the Monarch when I boarded and purchased my coke package.

We buy one package for the cokes and DH and I have all we want to drink. Mix with the rum for before dinner drinks. :D

Cost is $24 for a 4 night cruiise. Like I said, worth every penny.

oooooh......violator/violator......bad boys/bad boys....what ya goin do....

Stand by for the flack on that.....

<getting the popcorn going now>

all the time.

I never seem to have enough time on shore to find a store and wait in line. :)

We buy one package for the cokes and DH and I have all we want to drink. Mix with the rum for before dinner drinks. :D

Cost is $24 for a 4 night cruiise. Like I said, worth every penny.

For an adult that is great, but for kids the soda card is the way to go, especially for teens. Much easier for them to flash their sea pass and get sodas as they want than to have to have them sign for each one. Also, one of our family rules is if your drink is out of your sight for even a second, toss it and get another. With kids they often take a few sips, go back to their activity, then reach for another. With the card they are free to get another without getting another charge or heading back to the cabin to get another out of the fridge!

Of course, you are buying one individual card for each member that is obtaining a soda. :rolleyes:

Of course, you are buying one individual card for each member that is obtaining a soda. :rolleyes:

Since my post was one you quoted with this comment, I can assure you we buy EACH of our kids their own soda card. My peace of mind with the kids is worth every penny. Personally I may drink 1 or 2 sodas the entire cruise but just buy them when I want one.

Since my post was one you quoted with this comment, I can assure you we buy EACH of our kids their own soda card. My peace of mind with the kids is worth every penny. Personally I may drink 1 or 2 sodas the entire cruise but just buy them when I want one.

No offense meant. :o

Many posters don't know the "rules" regarding cards and buy one for the entire family. If that continues, RCCL will certainly raise the prices even higher. :eek:

all the time.

That seems to vary from time to time. On my Voyager cruise, they were pouring at several stations from 2 liter bottles.

For kids (under 18), it's $4/day plus 15% gratuity. For a seven-day cruise, that'd be $32.20.

For adults, it's $6/day plus 15% gratuity, so $48.30 for a seven-day cruise.

This is assuming you buy in advance or while at sea (note that you pay for all days of the cruise, even if you buy after the first day). I believe that if you buy it when you board while the ship is still docked, you may also pay local sales tax as well.

For real? On CCL we have alway waited until the next day to buy the soda package in order to save some $$. That is just wrong, wrong, wrong. But, it is what it is I suppose.

We just got back last week from our 7 nighter on Liberty. The soda card was $6 per day or $42. There was no tax charged, but there was a gratuity added (+15%). Since a can of soda is $2.25, the card pays for itself after 18 cans of soda. If you drink 2.5 cans of soda per day, you break even. I drink quite a bit of soda in hot weather, so I broke even around day three :o. I never found it (Diet Coke only for me) to be watered down, syrupy, etc.

I also am not the type to lug a case or two of soda with me. One, I cannot drive to the port and two, I am not going to stop at a store before the port to do it, so I budget it in as a cost of the vacation. If you are spending thousands on a vacation, its tough to rationalize an expenditure of $6/day. You will get many different opinions here, but that is what I do. To each his own.

The soda card is not good for can cokes right? I much prefer the can cokes verus fountain drinks. Plus like to have them in our room. Are the drinks the same price out of your mini bar as buying them at a shop or bar on the ship $2.25 each?

The soda card is not good for can cokes right? I much prefer the can cokes verus fountain drinks. Plus like to have them in our room. Are the drinks the same price out of your mini bar as buying them at a shop or bar on the ship $2.25 each?

yes....same price wherever ya buy it.....such a deal :rolleyes:

To all of you who have done this before, if I ordered the soda package on-line do I have to stand on line once I get on the ship or do they mark the sea pass card at check-in? Thanks in advance! :confused:

To all of you who have done this before, if I ordered the soda package on-line do I have to stand on line once I get on the ship or do they mark the sea pass card at check-in? Thanks in advance! :confused:

When you order the soda package before the cruise, they have the CocaCola logo on your seapass card when you check in and you are ready to go. So easy and worth the money. I drink a lot of Coke.

RE: fountain sodas -

On my last cruise, the only time I was served out of a 2 liter bottle (besides Labadee) was when the Schooner bar ran out of syrup (or CO2 water; I'm not sure) on the last day.

There were one or two times where the syrup was low, where I had them swap out the bag, and pour me a new glass.

Aloha,

John

For gosh sakes - at $48 for a week of soda, why worry about it; it's vacation! If you are that concerned about the cost of the card versus buying individual cokes or buying ahead of time to save tax dollars, or complaining like some people do about pre-paying tips, you are taking the wrong vacation, or at least on the wrong cruise line. You spent anywhere from $750 - 3000 pp to take this cruise -is the price of a coke card that much of a concern to everyone?

OK, I'm done ranting and raving - but really?

Archived