Tips on sleeping on overnight flight to Europe?

vmarq

Sorry, I forgot to come back and say how the Skyrest worked out.

Not so well, as I had somebody recline into my lap and thus there really was not room for it on the tray table....we blew it up and I had it there, but just trying to lean forward onto the pillow didn't work with her (the seat in front of me) in my lap. My head was into the back of her seat and the pillow was shoved between me and the seat....no extra room because of her seat recline...and thus not space for my hands in the pocket of the pillow because there was no room. I had used it before on a trip, and that was better, but that person did not recline.

I did the Ambien and wine thing, never slept a wink....and our trip back to Tucson ended up being 27 hours plus. We looked into Australia/NZ, and it will take us less time to get there!!! We'll see......

I didn't sleep a wink on my 8 hr flight to Paris this past summer. I tried and tried, but I couldn't do it...and I was miserable the following day because of it. On the way back to the USA, I took a Bonine, as I was nervous about air pockets (had a bad experience on the way to France). Between the Bonine, and being exhasuted from my trip, I was asleep before we even took off!

I really like the skyrest contraption, and would like to try it (as more of a footrest). But last time I bought a small footrest, the package stated that it contained a chemical that (in Ca.) could be considered a carcinogen. I threw it away (it was cheap). Now I am a little leary of buying another "blow up" footrest of any kind. Those who have it...were there any warnings on the packaging? (that weren't listed on the website)

But last time I bought a small footrest, the package stated that it contained a chemical that (in Ca.) could be considered a carcinogen. I threw it away (it was cheap). Now I am a little leary of buying another "blow up" footrest of any kind. Those who have it...were there any warnings on the packaging? (that weren't listed on the website)

As you can see from my previous posts, I liked the Sleeper. But I'm only 5'2" so that might have something to do with it. As for any warnings on the package - I don't recall seeing anything but then again I wasn't looking for it either. After all, I was just sleeping on it, not eating it. :D

Archived