Bodden tours

lvcruzers

Has anyone used Bodden Tours? We were thinking of the "Best of Roatan" tour & maybe adding on the Glass Bottom Boat & Snorkelling. Has anyone used Victor Bodden or done this tour? Thanks

T*

You may want to read through this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=663142. It will answer your questions as well as provide you with recommendations for favorite guides working for Victor Bodden.

Last year was our first trip to Roatan. We docked at the new Mahogany Bay facility. We took the flying beach chairs to the beach area after looking around the shops at dockside. We wern't really impressed as this village is "locked in compound" controlled by the cruise lines docking there. At dinner that night, the chat seemed to center around the folks that had booked a tour on line with Victor Bodden. Not a bad word was said. They all had a great experience and it sounded like all of the guides were superior hosts. Going again this November and are planning our stay with Bodden.

I hope you've checked the other thread but also thought I would add here as well. We did VB's tour last November with Tex. It was fabulous. Roatan is a beautiful island and we were able to do whatever-whenever we wanted on our tour. I can't recommend Tex enough but if he's not available he said that Ali gets as many requests as he does.

We just got back yesterday from the Carnival Legend. We had Tex as our guide in Roatan. The island is beautiful, and the Victor Bodden employees we came in contact with were all professional and kind. Tex was wonderful. We felt we were in good hands with him, as he spoke perfect English, was informative, and listened to what we wanted to do. We had told Tex that we liked animals, were not into shopping much, and did want to see a beach but wouldn't spend much time there. We started the day at Victor's house seeing the monkeys. That was the highlight of our whole cruise. We are still chuckling about it. Tex then took us to see the dolphins, which was great, too. We went to a few spots to take photos, did a little shopping, and saw a beach at a beautiful resort. At that point, Tex talked to us about how much time we had left in our day and how we wanted to spend it. We decided to do the cameo factory and the iguana farm. (We had been hoping to see some iguanas in the wild, but that did not happen.) The cameos are beautiful, and the employees there are informative. Off to the iguana farm, which I would not recommend unless you really have your heart set on seeing iguanas. It is expensive to get in ($8 each), and very smelly. We were happy we went, but didn't think it was worth what we paid. When we got back to the van and Tex, he told us that he doesn't normally recommend the iguana farm to visitors, but he did hear us talk of really wanting to see iguanas. Tex then took us back to Mahogany Bay because we told him we wanted time to ride the chairlift and check out that area. It was a fantastic day, and I highly recommend Tex and Victor Bodden Tours.

Just returned from the Carnival Valor & had an equally good experience with Victor Bodden tours. Our guide was Derrick. Very plesant, professional & explained a lot about the island. Derrick drove us in a clean, air conditioned van. He even took us to a large, very nice supermarket because we wanted to get some soda & candy and he felt it was the best place to be able to use US money.

We went to see the monkeys (babies adorable) and did Victor's Mayan zipline. Good for beginners & well worth the money. The guides on the zip were also very plesant & fun. Derrick drove us around town, to view a beautiful resort, and provided a really nice day.

I'd definately recommend Victor Bodden tours.

I enjoyed your review of Roatan. Thanks for posting it. I have an upcoming tour in Roatan booked with Victor Bodden and will practically do the same thing you did - minus the iguana farm. I am glad to hear you had some time to explore the Mahogany Beach area when you got back. I was afraid we wouldn't have time for that after our tour and I really want to see it.

We also had a wonderful experience with Bodden Tours. Prior to our cruise, the communication with them was great. We took the Best of Roatan tour on Wednesday,June 16. We were two families of 4. Even with an unexpected detour into a different port, Bodden Tours was waiting for us. We had a van all to ourselves and our guide, Alex. It was the best way to see Roatan. He took us on a very informed tour of the island. He was very friendy and answered all our questions, After the van tour of the island, our group split up and did different excursions (zip-line and monkey farm for the girls , fishing for the boys). Alex was very accommodating, He got the boys on the boat and waited at the zip-line with us girls. We then asked for a beach and lunch break. Alex took us to a beautiful beach. He went out of his way to set us up with a tent and table away from the crowd. I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting.

luv2vacation - As far as Mahogany Bay, I thought it was too perfect and too man-made. We felt as if we were at Disney. We enjoyed seeing it, but I myself would not want to spend a good deal of time there.

As for the tip, yes I did tip Victor at the end of our tour. I believe I gave him $20.

We also had a wonderful experience with Bodden Tours. Prior to our cruise, the communication with them was great. We took the Best of Roatan tour on Wednesday,June 16. We were two families of 4. Even with an unexpected detour into a different port, Bodden Tours was waiting for us. We had a van all to ourselves and our guide, Alex. It was the best way to see Roatan. He took us on a very informed tour of the island. He was very friendy and answered all our questions, After the van tour of the island, our group split up and did different excursions (zip-line and monkey farm for the girls , fishing for the boys). Alex was very accommodating, He got the boys on the boat and waited at the zip-line with us girls. We then asked for a beach and lunch break. Alex took us to a beautiful beach. He went out of his way to set us up with a tent and table away from the crowd. I would definitely recommend to anyone visiting.

Do you mind my asking how much all of that cost? We are going in Dec. two families (4 of us). Thanks!

100.00 for the group of 4 on a private tour. we did this last year and have him booked again for Oct this year. We tipped 40.00 (10.00 per adult) because of our exceptional service.

Thanks for the information. How much more was it for the ziplining? I have done one zip on Oasis of The Seas last month, my husband and daughters zipped in St Lucia last year. I think I will go ahead and contact them. What are you planning on doing this year with them?

• 7 months later...

My husband and I booked a tour in Roatan, Honduras, with Victor Bodden Tours in April 2011. Anthony Hamilton was our driver. Cost for the driver / van was $40 pp. We opted for the zip line and monkey tour (additional cost) ... owned by Victor Bodden. All the staff, especially Anthony, were highly professional, seemed to enjoy their work, and very helpful and caring. Anthony then took us to a private beach ($10 per person) and spoke with one of the service staff to ensure we were 'looked after' during our short beach stay. Anthony was attentive, kept our purchases with him, made efforts to get the van cooled off in anticipation of our next move, and overall made it an excellent experience. Anthony was particularly attentive to ensure we returned to the cruise dock on time, stating his boss (Victor Bodden) emphasized that his drivers always pay attention to that detail. Anthony made certain I had time for a "power stop" at the Cameo factory...which if you appreciate cameos is highly recommended due to the artistry of the proprietor, who is originally from Italy (a country known for its cameo production). If we have an opportunity to return to Roatan, you can be sure we will book through Bodden Tours and ask for Anthony. We recommend you do the same.

My husband and I booked a Best of Roatan tour with Bodden tours and were there on April 14. Since we don't dive and were not interested in beach time or zip lining, we thought it best to have a private tour so that we could go back to the ship whenever we felt that we had done enough sightseeing.

Our driver/guide was a very personable young man by name of Kaylor. I apologize if I am misspelling his name. He was quite willing to take us anywhere we wanted to go, which was mainly just to see the scenic aspects as much as possible. He stopped at a store where we bought coffee, then took us to

Carambola gardens (which was pleasant and worthwhile) and the Butterfly gardens (which is a tourist ripoff not worth your time or money--just my opinion, others might enjoy it).

We had a very pleasant tour, got back to the ship in plenty of time to enjoy the afternoon aboard, and would book another tour with this company. Cost was #40 pp.

Blythe above says VB's Best of Roatan tour cost $40pp, less than a month ago. I booked this tour in Feb for the NCL Spirit upcoming on May 25, 2011. My cost was quoted as $25 pp. Anyone know why the difference?

We did a best of Roatan last week through Victor. Our guide was Barney. He took us all over the island and explained about the many different locations he took us too. At the marine reserve, he even drove the van on the beach. If we make it to Roatan again, we will probably do a snorkeling beach day but we will contact Victor for sure. We feel its importatnt to support the local businesses and not just do things thru the ship for conveinience.

9 of us booked a tour with Victor Bodden. They were great. He responded to my email quickly and our driver was great. We did the monkeys and the zip line and were very happy with them. I would highly recommend Victor Bodden.

9 of us booked a tour with Victor Bodden. They were great. He responded to my email quickly and our driver was great. We did the monkeys and the zip line and were very happy with them. I would highly recommend Victor Bodden.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Victor. I can't wait to do the zip and dip tour in September. Did he take your group to West Bay afterwards? What resort area did he drop you off at?

Archived