Bodden tours

lvcruzers

We were in Roatan on 5/13 and Had Tex as our Victor Bodden guide. We had done the same cruise last year and Roatan and victor Bodden were one of the major reasons we booked again this year.

Book with Victor and you'll be glad you did.

Aaah you just brought back great memories of our cruise in Nov 09 and our tour with Tex. He was fabulous and this was one of the best tours I've ever had. He even took us to his house and we met his dogs!

• 1 month later...

I will be traveling with a two year old... I cannot seem to find anything about a car seat. Will he be allowed to just sit in the lap of an adult on the van or beside us with just a seatbelt?? This applies not only to this trip with Bodden, but the taxis in general.

Thanks!

Was trying to figure this out. There will be 8 of us traveling, so what I have read means that we will pay 25.00 a head for him to drive us around the island. IF we want to do anything else it is additional $$. If we want to go to the beach we need to pay the price to get on the beach.

is this correct??

Can someone tell me some great beautiful beaches where you can bring your own snorkel equipment and snorkelfrom the beach.

If we have a party of 5 will we be by ourselves or with a larger group. I'm hoping to do the beach and then just a bit of shopping, but hoping to do it all on our own time.

I will be traveling with a two year old... I cannot seem to find anything about a car seat. Will he be allowed to just sit in the lap of an adult on the van or beside us with just a seatbelt?? This applies not only to this trip with Bodden, but the taxis in general.

Thanks!

Yep, you will be ok without a car seat but just my own thought - I would find out what is the safest way for a two year old to be seated if they aren't in a car seat.

Was trying to figure this out. There will be 8 of us traveling, so what I have read means that we will pay 25.00 a head for him to drive us around the island. IF we want to do anything else it is additional $$. If we want to go to the beach we need to pay the price to get on the beach.

is this correct??

Can someone tell me some great beautiful beaches where you can bring your own snorkel equipment and snorkelfrom the beach.

There is an area on West Bay Beach were you do not have to pay. It is not a large area but is pretty. I don't know if you can snorkel or not from that area. Our Boden guide drove us around and then parked for a while and we shopped and sat on the beach.

Bodden Tours. We were in Roatan on May 12 and our tour guide was Hanno. He was very friendly, accomodating and made sure we knew that the day was ours to spend as we wished with his help and guidance. Being a native of Roatan, he knew where to go, where not to go, etc. We spent the afternoon at the Mayan Princess Resort in West Bay Beach which was undoubtedly the most beautiful place I have ever seen Grand Cayman Islands runs a very close second, but we snorkled there and I did not enjoy my time as much.

How much is th Mayan Princess West ?

We are a group of 10-12 going to Roatan in Dec on NCL Star. Seems like most of the tours are for smaller groups- anyone been on a Bodden tours with 10-12? One vehicle or 2? Any price break?

I'm not sure as there were only two of us. I would google Bodden Tours and email Victor your question. He is very responsive. However, sometimes the internet goes down on the island so it may take a few days for him to respond.

I'm not sure as there were only two of us. I would google Bodden Tours and email Victor your question. He is very responsive. However, sometimes the internet goes down on the island so it may take a few days for him to respond.

My understanding is that they can handle about any size group. Just go to his web site and email, he is very prompt in replies. We used him a few months ago and the tour was very professional and we saw everything we wanted and ended up at the beach. His guides speak great english, are professional and fun! We had read about him from many people on cruise critic. Never heard a complaint. The island is beautiful and safe. You will be taken care of and returned to the ship with plenty of time to shop at the pier before sailing. On a scale of 1 to 10 we give them a 10++

Has anyone used Bodden Tours? We were thinking of the "Best of Roatan" tour & maybe adding on the Glass Bottom Boat & Snorkelling. Has anyone used Victor Bodden or done this tour? Thanks

T*

ABSOLUTELY loved victor boddens employee and knowledge, they where wonderful.

Planning to use them again this December.:p

Don't know about the glass bottom boat though, sounds fun.

ABSOLUTELY loved victor boddens employee and knowledge, they where wonderful.

Planning to use them again this December.:p

Don't know about the glass bottom boat though, sounds fun.

They are the best tour guides we have used in over 40 cruises. We went ziplining, saw the monkeys and parrotts and then spent the remainder of time at the beautiful beach. They returned us in plenty of time before sailing. Very professional, perfect English and very informative and helpful of what to do. Ziplinging is extra $. Had a great day on a absolutely beautiful island. They will take you anywhere and do whatever you want, also will offier advice. We also did geocaching on the island.

We are a group of 10-12 going to Roatan in Dec on NCL Star. Seems like most of the tours are for smaller groups- anyone been on a Bodden tours with 10-12? One vehicle or 2? Any price break?
When I booked VB for our cruise over Halloween, he told me that he has 2 van sizes - one to fit 6 and the other fits up to 14 - so he can handle any group. I booked for the 6 of us, but others on our roll call are considering adding to our booking.

• 2 weeks later...
If we have a party of 5 will we be by ourselves or with a larger group. I'm hoping to do the beach and then just a bit of shopping, but hoping to do it all on our own time.

Yes, it's a private tour so it will be just the 5 of you and they will do whatever you want, whenever you want. Highly recommend them.

Jms:

Hello fellow geocacher! I plan on renting a car on GC and geocaching as a family the whole day.

I also picked a few to do in Roatan, time permitting. :)

We hired Bodden Tours. The guide we had said he has alot oof Geocachers come to the island. He had a car full earlier that week and they geocached for the whole day. It might be an idea of using them and they know alot of roads that are just dirt to get to the cache. With the cost of the car and gas (very expensive) it might be less expensive and safer also. Just a thought. We paid $100 for the day in a van with plenty of room, super guide and he stayed with us at all times.

Just feeling the need to say that on my 16 cruises Victor Bodden Tours stands out in my top 2! We loved this incredibly personal tour experience we had with the guide Tex. Also, I absolutely love the island of Roatan. One of the most beautiful places I have ever been. There were so many times during our day there that I just had to pinch myself at the beauty I was seeing. I've been to several other Caribbean islands that were beautiful but I'm thinking Roatan was one of my favorites.:):):):):)

Just got off the Legend on Sunday and we used Bodden for a personal tour of the island. There were 7 of us in one van and there seemed to be room for at least another 2. Our guide was great and very interesting. We stopped for zip lining, the monkeys, lunch and the beach. I would highly recommend them. Very responsive and communicative via email leading up to our trip.

Laurie

Just got off the Legend on Sunday and we used Bodden for a personal tour of the island. There were 7 of us in one van and there seemed to be room for at least another 2. Our guide was great and very interesting. We stopped for zip lining, the monkeys, lunch and the beach. I would highly recommend them. Very responsive and communicative via email leading up to our trip.

Laurie

Nice to hear of another Bodden Tours satisfied customer. Our experience really was wonderful as well. I wish I was on my way to a vacation in Roatan right now:D

Archived