Bodden tours

lvcruzers

Can you request a specific guide after you have made your initial reservation for a tour? We have our confirmation but don't cruise until April.

Yes you can. You can email Victor and ask for a specific tour guide. I would suggest having a couple in mind. We had Tex who we loved but I think he is one of the most popular. Read back through different threads and you might find some others. I seem to recall someone by the name of Hanno (I think) and Lionel who received good recommendations. Tex told us Ali was great but I just read that he may no longer be with VB tours.

I hope you enjoy your day in Roatan as much as we did. One of my all time favorite port days!

Where did you meet up with Bodden Tours at? Are they right by the port if we wanted to use them at the last minute? Our group of 11 cannot make up their minds what they want to do :eek: Thanks

If you are sailing Carnival and docking in Mahogany Bay - no they are not in that port area for last minute bookings. For those that have pre-booked them they have to walk up the hill from the main dock area and meet their guide at the entrance. They do have a kiosk at the other docking are which is Coxen Hole but Carnival doesn't allow them in the "compound" of Mahogany Bay. So, if you want to book with them I think you would have to do so in advance.

Yes you can. You can email Victor and ask for a specific tour guide. I would suggest having a couple in mind. We had Tex who we loved but I think he is one of the most popular. Read back through different threads and you might find some others. I seem to recall someone by the name of Hanno (I think) and Lionel who received good recommendations. Tex told us Ali was great but I just read that he may no longer be with VB tours.

I hope you enjoy your day in Roatan as much as we did. One of my all time favorite port days!

Thanks to you, we were able to get Tex for our trip in April. We are so excited :)

Thanks to you, we were able to get Tex for our trip in April. We are so excited :)

Fantastic! If you are interested , have him drive you in his van right on the beach in one of the residential areas. It was fabulous. No one on that beach as all were at work. We drove right on the sand. Very fun! We had just been at his house and "met" his dogs.

I think you will really enjoy Tex

Fantastic! If you are interested , have him drive you in his van right on the beach in one of the residential areas. It was fabulous. No one on that beach as all were at work. We drove right on the sand. Very fun! We had just been at his house and "met" his dogs.

Thank you! :)

• 3 weeks later...

i would recommend julio my family just had a tour with him dec 8 and he was very good with my children. He knew a lot about the island took us to where ever we wanted and suggested where to go when we were not sure we wanted to go. He was like part of our family while we were on the island. He was a very good guide and i would request him again when we go back to the island.:D

i would recommend julio my family just had a tour with him dec 8 and he was very good with my children. He knew a lot about the island took us to where ever we wanted and suggested where to go when we were not sure we wanted to go. He was like part of our family while we were on the island. He was a very good guide and i would request him again when we go back to the island.:D

Nice to hear you had such a great experience. I'm sure those traveling with children will like hearing this. For future Victor Bodden bookers, you can email Victor and request a specific guide. We did this prior to our tour and we were very happy to have gotten the tour guide we requested.

We are booked for our tour with Tex in April. We're in port from 8-3. We are planning to visit the monkeys and do some sight-seeing. Where do you recommend we ask Tex to take us?

Also, after that, we would like to go to a West Bay beach to have lunch and maybe get a little basic beach time in before it's time to head back to the ship. Any recommendations?

Thank you!

We used Victor when we were in Roatan. We also had Tex as our driver. He was awesome! He was excellent with our two kids as well. We tipped $20 for the day. We were able to plan our day with some input from Tex. I would do it again in a heart beat! Sigh..... wish I was there.;)

We used Victor when we were in Roatan. We also had Tex as our driver. He was awesome! He was excellent with our two kids as well. We tipped $20 for the day. We were able to plan our day with some input from Tex. I would do it again in a heart beat! Sigh..... wish I was there.;)

I'm sighing too! Happy to hear you had a great experience. Tex is really wonderful and we loved, loved, loved Roatan. Such a beautiful island. Plus, I still remember sitting out at lunch on the patio of the restaurant we were at and the water from the ocean was splashing up on our feet as we ate lobster and drank the very best Pina Colada's I've ever had.

Oh my, gives me good motivation to work hard this week. Gotta go back to the beautiful island of Roatan for a week.

We just had Tex as our guide this past Friday. He is so personable and knowledgeable and outright funny. We went to the monkey farm, on a tour of the island, to Tex's house to go out on his dock and watch the dolphins jumping out of the water, we also drove on the sand along the beach right next to the water which was amazing, went to West End for some souvenir shopping and to eat some Baleadas and Pastililos at Chapi Catrachas and finally to Infinity Bay Resort on West Bay Beach where we sat at a table at the Palapa Restaurant right in the sand and had a Margarita (yummy), a Salva Vida Beer and hubby had a Barena Beer. We also had some fabulous nachos there that had both beef & chicken on them. We got to do a lot in a short time and Tex was happy to oblige. I am so glad we had him as our guide. And I think knowing what you want to do ahead of time makes it easier for your guide.

We just had Tex as our guide this past Friday. He is so personable and knowledgeable and outright funny. We went to the monkey farm, on a tour of the island, to Tex's house to go out on his dock and watch the dolphins jumping out of the water, we also drove on the sand along the beach right next to the water which was amazing, went to West End for some souvenir shopping and to eat some Baleadas and Pastililos at Chapi Catrachas and finally to Infinity Bay Resort on West Bay Beach where we sat at a table at the Palapa Restaurant right in the sand and had a Margarita (yummy), a Salva Vida Beer and hubby had a Barena Beer. We also had some fabulous nachos there that had both beef & chicken on them. We got to do a lot in a short time and Tex was happy to oblige. I am so glad we had him as our guide. And I think knowing what you want to do ahead of time makes it easier for your guide.

Sounds like a fantastic day! Did you get to meet Tex' two dogs? You know, we are in a group of lucky ones who have had the pleasure of touring with Tex. Can't imagine going back and not having him as our guide.

Sounds like a fantastic day! Did you get to meet Tex' two dogs? You know, we are in a group of lucky ones who have had the pleasure of touring with Tex. Can't imagine going back and not having him as our guide.

We didn't get to meet Tex's dogs. Seems dogs in Roatan wander around quite a bit. Tex mentioned his dog doing this. He also mentioned trading a dog with someone for another dog. We don't do a lot of dog trading around here, lol. I wouldn't trade mine for the world. But then again, I've had others in the past that I probably would have at times. I feel very fortunate to have had Tex. I hope we do get to go back and if and when we do, I'll book him the minute we book the cruise to make sure we get him again. Another couple in our cruise critic group wasn't nearly as impressed with their guide. I think they thought he would make more suggestions of things to see and do and he was more looking for instructions of what they wanted to do. That's why I mentioned that I think it helps a lot to know what all you want to do ahead of time so the guide can map out what order to take you to them in and such.

We didn't get to meet Tex's dogs. Seems dogs in Roatan wander around quite a bit. Tex mentioned his dog doing this. He also mentioned trading a dog with someone for another dog. We don't do a lot of dog trading around here, lol. I wouldn't trade mine for the world. But then again, I've had others in the past that I probably would have at times. I feel very fortunate to have had Tex. I hope we do get to go back and if and when we do, I'll book him the minute we book the cruise to make sure we get him again. Another couple in our cruise critic group wasn't nearly as impressed with their guide. I think they thought he would make more suggestions of things to see and do and he was more looking for instructions of what they wanted to do. That's why I mentioned that I think it helps a lot to know what all you want to do ahead of time so the guide can map out what order to take you to them in and such.

It sounds like Tex probably doesn't have the same two dogs we met in 2009. I'm with you, I can't imagine trading my dogs are cats. They are mine for life.

I do agree, it's probably best to have a good idea of what you want to do when you get there. We did and then Tex added in a few extra surprises.

Do NOT use Ann as your driver. We told her we wanted to go shopping in Coxen Hole, then the zipline, west bay. She told us there was not shopping in Coxen Hole, that is had all been moved out of town. She then proceeded to take us to her friends shop. ( HIGH PRICES) we then went to victors zip line which was excellent. The prices in his gift shop where quit a bit lower than the one Ann took us to. We then proceded to West bay. When done there we headed back to the ship. We went though Coxen Hole and there was the flea Market with shops all over.:mad: We did not have time to stop. I also wanted to stop at the La Casa Del Habano for a real cuban cigar and instead she took me to Ya Ya Ding Dong. :mad: I wanted real cubans. I would NOT use Victor Bodden again.

Do NOT use Ann as your driver. We told her we wanted to go shopping in Coxen Hole, then the zipline, west bay. She told us there was not shopping in Coxen Hole, that is had all been moved out of town. She then proceeded to take us to her friends shop. ( HIGH PRICES) we then went to victors zip line which was excellent. The prices in his gift shop where quit a bit lower than the one Ann took us to. We then proceded to West bay. When done there we headed back to the ship. We went though Coxen Hole and there was the flea Market with shops all over.:mad: We did not have time to stop. I also wanted to stop at the La Casa Del Habano for a real cuban cigar and instead she took me to Ya Ya Ding Dong. :mad: I wanted real cubans. I would NOT use Victor Bodden again.

So sorry to hear about your experience. Most report great things about their trips with Victor but there are some like you who have bad experiences with some of his guides. I hope you have since emailed him and let him know. I think if he gets a few reports about a bad guide he may not continue to employ that guide.

When I return to Roatan I'll request Tex and if I can't get him would have to think twice before booking with an unknown guide.

You make me feel so much better! I started thinking I was the only one with a horrible experience ! Very similar experience! I was so upset and disappointed, this was the place I was most looking forward to, what a let down.

The shop we were taken to, someone was actually assigned to follow you around.

My husband told victor himself, in his own gift shop how much more expensive the shop he took us to was, and how he didn't listen to us, he said he would take care of it, but didn't say how. No apology , no offer to come back and try again.

We didn't have time to do the things we wanted, and like you,we told him from the beginning.

I think it is all about the guide.

The one good thing, even though I didn't have but 10 minutes, really, in the cameo factory, which was the first thing we told him we wanted to do, my cameo hand carved and set in black coral is beautiful and everyone notices it.

The quality is perfect, and so unique! I wanted more time so I could buy heirloom pieces for my daughters. But at least I have one.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Johnna

I just read a bad review about Ann at Victor Bodden tours in Roatan. I used Ann last year with my grandchildren. She gave us a wonderful tour and took us anywhere we asked and to some places she suggested. I am going again in February and requested Ann. She is the best. I think maybe the people complaining were maybe upset about something else and NOT Ann. She is an angel. She got a ticket because my granddaughter failed to click her seatbelt. Ann was sweet and told my granddaughter (who was very upset for making Ann pay a fine) that it was fine, don't worry. :) Ann is a gem and I think maybe we have some ugly Americans onboard who expect way too much from the friendly islanders.:(

I just read a bad review about Ann at Victor Bodden tours in Roatan. I used Ann last year with my grandchildren. She gave us a wonderful tour and took us anywhere we asked and to some places she suggested. I am going again in February and requested Ann. She is the best. I think maybe the people complaining were maybe upset about something else and NOT Ann. She is an angel. She got a ticket because my granddaughter failed to click her seatbelt. Ann was sweet and told my granddaughter (who was very upset for making Ann pay a fine) that it was fine, don't worry. :) Ann is a gem and I think maybe we have some ugly Americans onboard who expect way too much from the friendly islanders.:(

When she flat out lies to you she is not an angle. Am I an ugly American for asking to go the the flea market in Coxen Hole rather than her friends shop. I guess some of us ugly americans are smart enough to know when we are being had.

We also used Bodden Tours. Our guide was Channin Bodden and I can not sing his praises enough. Really great guy. Took us everywhere we wanted to go and then some. Very informative about the Island. I would highly recommend him. The Island itself is beautiful. I would really like to go back for a weak.

Archived