Bodden tours

lvcruzers

Do you remember where your driver dropped you off at West Bay? Was it at a specific resort that you had to pay an entrance fee and if so did that include chair rentals (if you had any)?

Don't remember where we were dropped off. The part of the beach we entered on was next to a restaurant. We didn't have to pay anything (it's a public beach) and there were changing rooms. You did have to rent chairs if you wanted them, but we didn't have enough time. It was less than $10 - I'm thinking $5 maybe.

Don't remember where we were dropped off. The part of the beach we entered on was next to a restaurant. We didn't have to pay anything (it's a public beach) and there were changing rooms. You did have to rent chairs if you wanted them, but we didn't have enough time. It was less than $10 - I'm thinking $5 maybe.

Thanks when we went last March our driver took us through the entrance of Foster's where we HAD to pay $5 for beach access but we each received 1 drink ticket and access to their "facilities" and the beach chair rental were $7 a chair, so I've just been looking for other options. We want to save those extra bucks for the yummy drinks! :D:rolleyes:

anyone do the fun n sun excursion with victor?

we had a private tour booked, but this tour was basically all the things we wanted to do anyways and kinda think its funner in a group....

i just wanted to ask about the beach, do you have to pay for beach access on this tour?

anyone do the fun n sun excursion with victor?

we had a private tour booked, but this tour was basically all the things we wanted to do anyways and kinda think its funner in a group....

i just wanted to ask about the beach, do you have to pay for beach access on this tour?

Just returned from fun n sun excursion. Had a choice of public or private beach. Private beach was $10pp. Only thing we got was a lounge chair without umbrella. No umbrellas were available. Only shade was at the bar. If given the option, choose the public beach. There may be a small charge but nothing like what we paid at the 'private' beach. It was in the same area as all the other beach bars.

We just visited Roatan on the Carnival Liberty. We had reserved a private tour of Roatan for 12 people before cruising, with Victor Bodden, for his Best of Roatan freestyle tour. We arrived on an overcast rainy day in Mahogany Bay. It was an easy walk off the boat up & over the hill to where Victor's people (along with other tours) were waiting. It is no problem at all to find Victor Bodden. He had a sign up & a list of everyone with tours for the day. Even though our docking had been late, everyone was waiting.

Victor assigned up Lenora and our driver, Ben, for the day. We had a nice, large mini-bus with big windows. It was comfortable and well maintained. We drove up over a hill for a scenic view of Coxen Hole and got some photos and bought some crafts from the local stands on the hill. I found out later that the crafts at this stop were the best priced we found overall on Roatan. We then visited the West End Village, which turned out to be everyone's favorite. There were many little bars, restaurants, dive shops, hotels, etc. all right along the water. Most had very reasonable prices. We stopped at the Splash Inn for some local beer and Cokes. It was a nice place with reasonable prices and a great view. There were scuba divers and locals around, but it was low-keyed and comfortable.

We then went to West Bay, Bananarama. This seemed to be where many of the cruise ship tourists go. It was a nice place on a white sandy beach, but crowded. We saw a lot of Carnival beach towels there with visitors. Bananarama has a nice sandy beach restaurant area, but the food is pricey. It was too crowded for us and didn't have the local Roatan flavor we were looking for. We had a beer and headed for Coxen Hole.

Coxen Hole is the main town on the island. I found it charming and much more laid back than a typical cruise ship port. I picked up some necessities in the local grocery store and we walked around to see how the locals live.

When time got short for returning, Lenora & Ben got us back to Mahogany Bay. Throughout the tour, Lenora and Ben stayed with us, and Lenora helped us find things and helped us navigate the shops and restaurants. Lenora also gave us a lot of history and info about the Roatan life throughout the tour.

The West End is a place to see the local flavor and not be rushed. If you want resort-style amenities then go to the West Bay. Coxen Hole isn't as big or commercial as some have made it out to be. I would recommend visiting it for the experience.

Overall, I highly recommend Lenora, Ben and Victor Bodden tours. They took care of us well. We would really like to spend more time on Roatan. :)

DSCN1440.jpg.e278b789b7f5c624d5c6f93a830f7eb5.jpg

DSCN1447.jpg.341b210b9a028c92bd11fbd648583c95.jpg

DSCN1475.jpg.3c64d8a2981598920562fcf4ec46758e.jpg

DSCN1495.jpg.1422bf48708051ecdb8107497c0bdf16.jpg

216149886_Lenoravictorbodden.jpg.9699f39b4f5779b484adc3b8e80dcb9e.jpg

My wife and will be doing a private tour with Victor in March. What do most of you tip, should it be a person or should it be a couple. From what I have read it will be a fun day. I don"t mind tipping, but I also don"t like coming across as cheap. Dollar amonts would be nice. Thanks You.

We just used them 2/10/12 very good tour company got more then we paid for. Beach is beautiful, and really good snorkeling.

Who was your guide?

Did you get a confirmation Email or # prior to sailing?

I did get an Email from Victor confirming our tour request, but nothing official like a conf # or form letter. Is that the way work it? Maybe I'm expecting too much. Just want to be sure our guide is there when we arrive :rolleyes:.

Who was your guide?

Did you get a confirmation Email or # prior to sailing?

I did get an Email from Victor confirming our tour request, but nothing official like a conf # or form letter. Is that the way work it? Maybe I'm expecting too much. Just want to be sure our guide is there when we arrive :rolleyes:.

Our most recent request had the subject line, "Please Confirm: Best of Roatan...." and the pricing quote included:

" **Your private tour is NOT confirmed until you reply to this email! This letter to you only notifies you of availability & pricing for your request.** "

Maybe you should double-check that you responded and confirmed the pricing quote. We did, and heard back within the day that we were "Confirmed".

... just a thought...

We just used them 2/10/12 very good tour company got more then we paid for. Beach is beautiful, and really good snorkeling.

What beach did you visit for your snorkeling. I am interested in the private tour and would like to spend the afternoon at a beach with a good lunch and great snorkeling.:)

What beach did you visit for your snorkeling. I am interested in the private tour and would like to spend the afternoon at a beach with a good lunch and great snorkeling.:)

We are looking for good snorkeling spots also. I know the West Bay area is supposed to be great, but I read alot of reviews that it's so crowded! I kind of want something not as touristy...

We have Tex for our upcoming April port call. Judging from past reviews, I'm expecting it's going to be great! We will have 4 of us at $25 pp. What would be an average tip? We are on a budget, but we also want to show our appreciation. Thank you!

They will take you anywhere you want to go and stay as long as you want. You make the schedule and they take you there, although the roads arent the best and the drivers try to miss the potholes which makes for some "exciting" situations...translation: you might pee in your pants a couple times...

:)

We have Tex for our upcoming April port call. Judging from past reviews, I'm expecting it's going to be great! We will have 4 of us at $25 pp. What would be an average tip? We are on a budget, but we also want to show our appreciation. Thank you!

We had Tex a couple years ago.. He is GREAT!! I think we tipped an extra $25-$30. (We were a party if 5) Have fun!

I have been emailing Victor and Tex is available for the day we are in Roatan so i'm going to reserve him. My problem is, we are 6 people now, and that is Tex's maximum. We may end up being 7 people and if thats the case, we would need to rebook with a larger van. Here are my choices of guides if I do

the other guide wit larges van are ,Ronald,Francisco,marthy,Ald,WIILLAIM,Kenny, Dole, Zetro,Orsy,Lionel,RON, OLEN, OLEE

Did anybody ever use any of these guides with the larger vans? If so, the good/bad/ugly please. This will be my kids 18th birthday and I want to make it special and I know the guide is an important part of that, especially not knowing exactly what we want to do.

I would appreciate any input you have. For now, Victor says I can reserve Tex for the 6definates but want to make sure I have another idea on who to use in case we have to make the switch.

Emailed Victor, and heard back promptly. He said Tex only does the private tours (Best of Roatan) and is so popular, thanks to CC, that he is currently booked into 2013. We are doing the Fun-N-Sun tour. I'm sure whoever our tour guide is, will do a good job. I have faith in Bodden Tours and besides that, I'm an Optimist!.... :)

When do you find out who your guide will be? we booked and I requested Tex and some other as options if he was not available. Victor confirmed our reservation but no mention of which guide.

we will have 7 people going in June

Archived