who is Perry Grant?

babyorca

:)I enjoy Perry so much that I've booked the exact same cruise in Feb. as in Nov. because of him. He's such a good entertainer and you can't help but feel good when in his presence!! He helps the Connie business for sure.

We're booked for a Feb/11 Connie cruise and really looking forward to our "1st" Perry Grant experience! :D

I have a question ... we have traditional dining (late seating) will this be a problem for us ... :eek: ... getting seats in Michaels' Club for Perry's show?

Does he do more than one show an evening ... what are the show times?

Pat :)

I have a question ... we have traditional dining (late seating) will this be a problem for us ... :eek: ... getting seats in Michaels' Club for Perry's show?

Does he do more than one show an evening ... what are the show times?

Pat :)

We'll see you in Michael's.

Perry's first show is scheduled for about 7:45 pm the first day after boarding. Perry normally shows up almost half an hour early on that day. Be prepared to be in Michael's at least 15 minutes before his show starts and you will be "released" in time for dinner. The availability of seats is also dependent on the theatre emptying out.

We just returned from our cruise on the Constellation and had hear so much hype about Perry Grant. Seriously??? He is an over the top gay man who is obnoxious. His one-man venue at the evening show was BAD. His music selections were so obscure, I doubt many people knew the music. He can't sing--very nasal. He can play the piano, but that's it. I did not see the appeal of embarrassing people and making fun to get attention.

We just returned from our cruise on the Constellation and had hear so much hype about Perry Grant. Seriously???

Thank you so much for the helpful replies. (--remember the old adage--"If you don't have anything nice to say, keep your opinions to yourself please.")

Well.... following your advice is tough...

"If you can't say anything nice.........."

Perry Grant is one of the nicest human beings I know. He has a real gift for seeing the best in his audiences and giving us all a lot to laugh about in ourselves. His humor may not be to everone's liking, but I find it hard to equate him with any nasty words. Move out of the doorway if you are not being entertained. But no need to rant on.

How many people here would prefer Judy, OOPS I mean Perry!!

Half the fun is seeing the looks on people's faces if they are seeing him for the first time, and should one of them be asked to turn the small ball on "it's an honor, not a chore" go with it and pretty soon you'll be smiling along with the rest of us who are there night after night. And if it's not your thing, that's ok. Even Judy had her detractors.

We saw Perry the first night and almost every other night he performed. My husband, who laughs at no comedian, cried with laughter, we were hooked and came nightly to watch people be petrified and be interrogated when called to the piano. Too funny. What a truly nice guy and what an entertainer. Don't miss him.

He is just great- saw on the TA this , right before Connie went into drydock. Soooo funny. There were EVERY EVENING hunderds outside Michaels club who could not get in. I was amongst them, stunned by what fun it was watching him. I choose every possibility to see him in bigger lounges, as the theater and the Rendevouz Lounge. Nothing like it when i asks for someone to turn on his little ball- or " he adores meee" !

Connie and Perry belong together I suppose- I wonder if he was ever on another ship.

Michael

We saw Perry the first night and almost every other night he performed. My husband, who laughs at no comedian, cried with laughter, we were hooked and came nightly to watch people be petrified and be interrogated when called to the piano. Too funny. What a truly nice guy and what an entertainer. Don't miss him.

I never got your number or email address, email me, donna3s@aol.com then I'll get your number! hope you read this!

Just got off the sept 3rd cruise and after 3 1/2 years I am still perrified! thank you perry for a wonderful cruise. Yes I was in there everynight for 2 shows a night, I'm addicted. The main showroom was excellent! Last time I was on there was no main show. So I had no idea perry could sing, dance and perform so deliciously!

I hope to be back for the transatlantic, positions everyone!

He is just great- saw on the TA this , right before Connie went into drydock. Soooo funny. There were EVERY EVENING hunderds outside Michaels club who could not get in. I was amongst them, stunned by what fun it was watching him. I choose every possibility to see him in bigger lounges, as the theater and the Rendevouz Lounge. Nothing like it when i asks for someone to turn on his little ball- or " he adores meee" !

Connie and Perry belong together I suppose- I wonder if he was ever on another ship.

Michael

We met Perry Grant on the Ryndam of Holland America in 1995 and also sailed with him on the Statendam, the sister ship, the following year. We sat around the bar, surrounding the piano, and listened to him nightly. His act was a bit different, but we loved his bawdy and wicked sense of humor.

I sailed the Constellation last October and he remembered me from the HAC days. In fact, we met one afternoon in one of the lounges, and had a capucino together.

Ginnie

We just returned from our cruise on the Constellation and had hear so much hype about Perry Grant. Seriously??? He is an over the top gay man who is obnoxious. His one-man venue at the evening show was BAD. His music selections were so obscure, I doubt many people knew the music. He can't sing--very nasal. He can play the piano, but that's it. I did not see the appeal of embarrassing people and making fun to get attention.

You just don't get him.........

Just got off the sept 3rd cruise and after 3 1/2 years I am still perrified! thank you perry for a wonderful cruise. Yes I was in there everynight for 2 shows a night, I'm addicted. The main showroom was excellent! Last time I was on there was no main show. So I had no idea perry could sing, dance and perform so deliciously!

I hope to be back for the transatlantic, positions everyone!

If you were there for that many shows, you had to have been awarded a Perry Name...what was it?

You just don't get him.........

Humor is not something that can be taught or explained. You either think something (or someone) is funny or you don't and you cannot force humor on anyone. It's not a matter of "getting it". It simply doesn't work that way. I also do not appreciate Perry's humor but I know that many do and that's ok. We are all different.

Humor is not something that can be taught or explained. You either think something (or someone) is funny or you don't and you cannot force humor on anyone. It's not a matter of "getting it". It simply doesn't work that way. I also do not appreciate Perry's humor but I know that many do and that's ok. We are all different.

The same thing - I only said it differently. And I am not forcing it on anyone. More room for us..................

Whether you "get" him or not, Perry's doing something right. He packs them in every night and has a very loyal following, so much so that some people book Constellation just because of him. We've seen him many times on various Constellation cruises and enjoy popping into Michael's Club several nights each cruise but as much we enjoy him, I must admit (more embarrassing than not living in a gated community!), the same old same old is predictable and does begin to wear just a wee bit thin after a while.

I saw Perry Grant in the main theatre last year. We could never get into Michael's Club; it was always packed out. I think he is a very talented entertainer; not a talented musician. I am retired, but his songs were most often those sung by my mother and father. He is flamboyant and amusing.

• 1 month later...

OK, so I've finally had the chance to see what all of the fuss was about. Perry was on our Connie western med cruise. Three words: you're kidding, right? While he may be entertaining for those who enjoy campy entertainment, his singing is not that great. It's funny because I was talking to one of the senior officers in the photo gallery, outside of Michael's where Perry was performing, and HE AGREED! He doesn't get it either!

For those of you who like him, that's great. For me, I just didn't see it at all. Other entertainers on board were far more enjoyable (and tonally spot on). Sorry.

OK, so I've finally had the chance to see what all of the fuss was about. Perry was on our Connie western med cruise. Three words: you're kidding, right? While he may be entertaining for those who enjoy campy entertainment, his singing is not that great. It's funny because I was talking to one of the senior officers in the photo gallery, outside of Michael's where Perry was performing, and HE AGREED! He doesn't get it either!

For those of you who like him, that's great. For me, I just didn't see it at all. Other entertainers on board were far more enjoyable (and tonally spot on). Sorry.

Must say that we agree and didn't find him at all funny or a talented singer. Maybe we Brits don't have the same sense of humour as others who praise him. Each to their own anyway!

jtl, I feel the same way. I think part of Perry's popularity is because a lot of people develop a "get away from it all" vacation mindset aboard a ship and react to things differently than they would at home. For example, there are many people who enjoy the silly pool games that some cruise lines have but would be mortified if their country club at home had them.

Archived