venice hotel for family of four

CARIBBEAN01

I do not know your budget but Ca Angeli has a family room for 4 and/or 5.

I have only stayed there in a single so can tell you it is a great place for service/breakfast/location etc but canNOT tell you what the room is like.

It is listed on Trip Advisor under B&Bs because they do not rent out the whole building but the amenities are more like a small boutique hotel.

We are a family of 4 (Mom, Dad and 2 teenagers) who stayed at 2 different hotels pre and post cruise in Venice in a great location between Rialto and St. Marks (about a 5-10 minute walk to each). We first stayed at the Hotel Centauro. It was OK but we felt the room was small. It was called a "quad superior" but was likely a triple with a cot added. The bathroom was also really tight. Our room overlooked a narrow alleyway. It served breakfast which was OK but we were not too fond of the Italian breakfasts.

The second hotel was just a few steps away. It was less expensive and did not serve breakfast. We were not expecting much. Well, we had a great time at this location. It was called Alloggi alla Scala. We had room #5. It was more spacious than most of the other rooms we had stayed at during our 2 week stay in Italy. It also overlooked a canal that had gondolas with singers going by. We had a great time hanging out the windows waving to them. The bathroom was not huge but larger than the a lot of the others we had during our stay.

Both had A/C but it functioned much better at the Alloggi alla Scala. We would probably stay at either again but really enjoyed our canal view at the Alloggi alla Scala. It you stay there I would ask for room #5 (it might be the only quad room anyway). We did not mind the lack of breakfast as we were heading to the airport early the next morning so just grabbed stuff there.

If you are interested, I will try to add pictures of the places for you. You can look up the hotels at venere.com (I think). Good luck!!

We stayed in the Bisanzio a few years ago. It was a nice hotel in a pretty good location, not far from St Mark's Square. It's part of the Best Western group but a family run hotel. They definitely have a number of quad rooms as we had a room for 4, as did our friends - check out the reviews on Trip Advisor which are very good :)

Is this the place? http://www.alloggiallascala.com/

I don't see a quad room listed, could it be the triple with a bed added?

This does appear to be the place. We definitely had a quad room. There was a double bed and 2 singles. Each had a decorative headboard. They were definitely not cots. Here is the site listed at venere.com and it does show a quad room.

http://www.venere.com/townhouse-suites/venice/townhouse-suite-alla-scala/#information;eur;swa20101008,20101009,4,1

would appreciate any recommendations for a nice decent hotel in Venice for a pre cruise for quad accommodation ....thanks

We stayed in the family suite of Ca'Angeli. It is the top floor of a palazzo on the Grand Canal. The elevator goes to the next floor down (the main floor of the hotel/B&B). Look it up on trip advisor. You will find it gets 99% approval and we agree. The family area would be 2 or 3 bedrooms with 1 bathroom and a small sitting area. The ONLY drawback was the sloping roof of the shower. The breakfasts were heavenly in an elegant room over the Grand Canal. If you book there, I strongly recommend a water taxi to get there. It will drop you 50 feet from the door. The location is 45.436271.12.332500 in google maps or google earth

some sites for you to check out: freereservation.com, homeaway.com crosspollinate.com, booking.com and vrbo.com

don't know your dates but worth looking at a private apartment; may have a 3 day minimum stay which gives you time to explore the city. don't arrive the day of cruise, never know what kind of delays you may run into. happy cruising

We stayed in the family suite of Ca'Angeli. It is the top floor of a palazzo on the Grand Canal. The elevator goes to the next floor down (the main floor of the hotel/B&B). Look it up on trip advisor. You will find it gets 99% approval and we agree. The family area would be 2 or 3 bedrooms with 1 bathroom and a small sitting area. The ONLY drawback was the sloping roof of the shower. The breakfasts were heavenly in an elegant room over the Grand Canal. If you book there, I strongly recommend a water taxi to get there. It will drop you 50 feet from the door. The location is 45.436271.12.332500 in google maps or google earth

Sorry, wrong punctation. Location is 45.436450,12.331446 Copy and paste into Google earth or maps

The train station area is not my first choice unless I'm arriving or departing on a train, but we found wonderful service and decent accommodations at Locanda di Orsaria early this month. They have quad rooms which are the same price as two standard rooms so that's also an option (second bathroom!). Their staff and breakfast were wonderful and they were less than 200 yards from the train station. The area is touristy but still charming.

Archived