Molecular Bar?

rimram

Just off Equinox and I hate to say it but the Molecular Bar was an enormous disappointment. I doubt you'll go there twice!

That is ironic...I started another thread asking about it and all the

replies were saying it is terrific:D:) and one of the posters put a link

to the drink menu as well. It looks wonderful to me.:)

Different strokes for different folks.

Lois, it does look wonderful which is why we made a point of visiting. They tout their awesome "mixologist," Junior, but he was not awesome or even friendly the night we went. Perhaps he puts on a better show when they conduct Mixology 101 there, and maybe he was just having a bad night, but all seven of us agreed the $12 drinks were a waste of money and he was downright rude. I highly recommend the Martini Bar for a much better experience.

Lois, it does look wonderful which is why we made a point of visiting. They tout their awesome "mixologist," Junior, but he was not awesome or even friendly the night we went. Perhaps he puts on a better show when they conduct Mixology 101 there, and maybe he was just having a bad night, but all seven of us agreed the $12 drinks were a waste of money and he was downright rude. I highly recommend the Martini Bar for a much better experience.

Sorry up had a rude bartender:eek::(. I will be on Solstice and hopefully

will have a better experience. Oh, I plan to hit the Martini Bar too:D

Did you bring his bad attitude to the attention of a Bar Manager?

Not to correct another poster over a minor point, but I think this is the right forum to ask such quesions....the only other Celebrity-specific forum is the Celebrity Roll Call Forum which is for specific cruises. You may have thought you were on another cruise line forum....

As to the Molecular Bar, it is on the Solstice Class ships including the Equinox and is located on the Entertainment Deck in the Galleria Tasting area right next to the Art and just forward of Cafe el Bacio. Small bar with very special drinks. We tried it on the Solstice and loved it - came back for more. Not cheap ($12-$15 or so??) but very special drinks with fresh mixes and fruits and so on. Didn't make it a 'sit and knock-em down' place but did enjoy them.

Try it, I'd bet most will go back to it once or twice for a special experience.

Ed: our bartender was very friendly and informative and it was just my wife and I. She was very imformative and showed us what she was doing and mixing...very nice and of course a good bartender/waitstaff makes all the difference.

Denny

Yes, we did mention our unpleasant experience to a manager, but never heard back so I'm not sure if anything was done. The Martini Bar people more than made up for him as they're wonderful! If you order the martini flight of six samples (I think it's $18), you will be rewarded with a great show!

Wow, sorry you had that experience. I did not have Junior, but another gentleman who was very kind and friendly. He wasn't much of a talker, but he explained the drinks and I loved them. When I wasn't too tired to drink that was where I spent my money. I never made it to the Martini bar, which I had planned prior to getting on-board. The drinks are different, very fusion forward. Just loved it!

Archived