How late can you stay onboard the Oasis on debarkation day?

RCI has instituted a new program that allows you to stay on board until 90 minutes prior to disembarkation. The cost is $35 for an adult and $17 for children. Perfect for folks that have a late flight home. You can use all of the facilities right up until it's time to leave. You still have to be out of your cabin by 9:00 though...

Otherwise I'm pretty sure they want everyone off by 10...or is it 11? Sit tight, one of the more knowledgable CC posters will be along shortly to clarify that point:D

RCI has instituted a new program that allows you to stay on board until 90 minutes prior to disembarkation. The cost is $35 for an adult and $17 for children. Perfect for folks that have a late flight home. You can use all of the facilities right up until it's time to leave. You still have to be out of your cabin by 9:00 though...

Otherwise I'm pretty sure they want everyone off by 10...or is it 11? Sit tight, one of the more knowledgable CC posters will be along shortly to clarify that point:D

That programme is only available in Europe, so far. :)

And they want you off by 9:30; 10 at the latest.

We are not going to be in a rush to get off the ship as our flight home isn't until mid-afternoon. What times have previous Oasis cruisers been debarking??
What time do you plan on boarding the ship for embarkation ? You should get off at least 2 hours before YOU planned on getting on ....... it's only fair !!! :D :)

We had a late flight, too, and were not in a hurry about leaving. We were gathering up the final items from our cabin and someone actually opened our door to tell us we had to leave--it wasn't our room steward but someone more "official" looking. It was about 9am. We were leaving anyway, as we knew they need to clean for the next lucky group but it was a little weird that they didn't knock. We still had the Do Not Disturb tab in the door but maybe they thought we left it there by mistake. I do understand, though--they have a lot to do in a short time. But even when you board, you aren't allowed to go in your cabin until after 1pm.

We had a late flight, too, and were not in a hurry about leaving. We were gathering up the final items from our cabin and someone actually opened our door to tell us we had to leave--it wasn't our room steward but someone more "official" looking. It was about 9am. We were leaving anyway, as we knew they need to clean for the next lucky group but it was a little weird that they didn't knock. We still had the Do Not Disturb tab in the door but maybe they thought we left it there by mistake. I do understand, though--they have a lot to do in a short time. But even when you board, you aren't allowed to go in your cabin until after 1pm.

You should have been out by 8 a.m. Thus, they shouldn't have had to knock since you weren't supposed to be there in the first place. They have a lot of cabins to clean and must do a really thorough job. I just checked out of a hotel this morning - it had a 10 a.m. check out time but a 3 p.m. check in. Seems to be pretty much the norm.

I do understand, though--they have a lot to do in a short time. But even when you board, you aren't allowed to go in your cabin until after 1pm.

That's true, but they do have a lot of work to do. On our Oasis cruise we asked your stateroom attendant how many rooms he had to take care of. He told us 16. You can imagine how busy he would have been on turnaround day. Honestly, it sounds like a nightmare. It's no wonder they do not want embarking passengers in the hallways/cabins until 1 pm.

I have a flight at 2:05 and I heard you could not check in at FLL until 2 hours before flight time. It would be great if they had the stay on the ship thing for Oasis. I wonder how they get around the ship clean up issue in Europe when they have the late departure?

We live in the Ft Laud area so we were not in a hurry to leave, so we asked for the latest check out time on our Oasis cruise last month. They gave us 9:00 I think or 9:15. We left the cabin by 8:30 to get breakfast, then left our room at 9, and they were pretty much standing there waiting for us to leave. We took our time getting to the station that we were supposed to leave from, and I think the last group actually left around 9:30. I didn't get the feeling that we could have just hung out much later than we actually did.

Got off Oasis last Saturday. Had the latest time i.e. 9 - 9.30 or something like that. By 8.30 they were calling our number and our luggage was there waiting in the baggage hall. I woukld say almost EVERYONE is off by 9.30? And at that, they woukd be the stragglers.... unless of course there are a few lucky rich people doing a BTB ;)

I have a flight at 2:05 and I heard you could not check in at FLL until 2 hours before flight time. It would be great if they had the stay on the ship thing for Oasis. I wonder how they get around the ship clean up issue in Europe when they have the late departure?

No way it's 2 hrs. You most likey heard that you have to be there at least 2 hrs before.

i was told that no check ins at ft lauderale at the counters until 3 hrs before flights. you can hang there before security but no check in until 3 hrs prior.

FLL

How early can I check my baggage?

The answer varies by airline. Typically you can check your bags anywhere from 2-4 hours prior to your flight. Contact your airline for specific information. Passengers can also store their baggage at Bags-To-Go.

We had the same problem when we had to disembark in San Juan this past summer. Because we were afraid we would miss an early morning flight, the only flight we could get was mid-afternoon. We had an extremely long, and expensive wait at the airport. We ate an expensive lunch, browsed the overpriced airport shops and bought things we questioned when we got home and just sat and waited. If we had our time to do over again, we would have booked an excursion through RCCL. They would have put us (and our luggage) on an air-conditioned bus, taken us to the Rum Factory and we could have had a very good time, then be taken on same bus to the airport in plenty of time for our flight. It would have been more fun and less expensive. They always have a couple of "post cruise" excursions for folks taking late flights, that include your luggage tagging along with you on one of those nice charter buses. Try looking into this as a nice alternative and a way to extend your vacation by another 1/2 day.

You are permitted to stay on the ship, but NOT in your cabin. You are asked to vacate your cabin at the usual early time.

:)

The latest we have been able to disembark was 9am off the Independence in Southampton last year. We were originally given a disembarkation time of 7am but went to guest relations and changed to the latest time possible which was 9am. We had breakfast about 8ish then went back to the cabin about 8.45 to pick up our hand luggage. The ship was almost empty by this time and we walked straight off without any queues.

Even if you vacate your cabin, I don't think you would be able to stay onboard much later as they obviously want to be able to start boarding the next lucky so and so's!! :)

FLL

How early can I check my baggage?

The answer varies by airline. Typically you can check your bags anywhere from 2-4 hours prior to your flight. Contact your airline for specific information. Passengers can also store their baggage at Bags-To-Go.

Why not just do Luggage Valet and check your bags at the ship:confused:

Archived