RIL -getting back to ship ontime?

mazdeb

Hi all, thinking of booking with Rome in Limo for Med Cruise next year. Ship is in Civitavecchia Port for 12 hours ( from 7 to 7) . Their Rome tour we are thinking of that has most of the hishlights is 9-10 hours I believe since if vatican tour is included if chosen.) Is this time of tour from pick up to drop off at ship. ( I would assume they get back to ship around 5.00?) They get very positive reviews , but I just would like to ensure that we get back to ship on time since I understand the drive each way alone is approx. 1.5hrs Thanks

If you are doing a private tour, I would just let them know when you want to be back to the ship. The drive between the port and Rome is approximately 90 minutes each way depending on traffic. Normally if the tour includes pick up at the port and return to the port then they have factored in the driving time as part of the overall length of the tour they are noting But just confirm all this with them. You are wise to want to aim to be back on the ship by around 5:00 PM.

Keith

Tell them when you want to be back and you'll be there on time. They are very dependable and understand that all they would have to do is miss a ship once and the word would spread on CC like wildfire. They obviously don't want that to happen.

Don't worry ... you're in fabulous hands with Rome in Limo. We've used lots of private tours all over the world and Rome in Limo is right at the top of our list of favorites!

RIL drivers are pretty experienced, they should ask you when your ships scheduled departure time is. The know well enough that one missed boat will ruin years of good reviews. If you feel the need to get back earier they will meet that request too I would think.

We used them in three ports, the only time we didn't get back way earlier was when we got the sailing time confused. You shouldn't need to worry with them.

I think in Rome we got back in 60' or less they were driving like mad men ( 120-130 km/hr :eek: ) for reasons I don't understand as we had plenty of time. I guess they wanted to get home early that day :D

Hi all, thinking of booking with Rome in Limo for Med Cruise next year. Ship is in Civitavecchia Port for 12 hours ( from 7 to 7) . Their Rome tour we are thinking of that has most of the hishlights is 9-10 hours I believe since if vatican tour is included if chosen.) Is this time of tour from pick up to drop off at ship. ( I would assume they get back to ship around 5.00?) They get very positive reviews , but I just would like to ensure that we get back to ship on time since I understand the drive each way alone is approx. 1.5hrs Thanks

We used RIL for 3 ports (Naples, Civitavecchia, Livorno) this past June. All 3 drivers were very conscientious about getting us back to the ship at least an hour before sail away. We never felt we were in danger of missing the ship!

I'll probably get flamed for this, and I have nithing against RIL, but I do urge you to comparison shop. We just (8/7) used RIL for the Amalfi Coast tour, and although they were fine, several other people on the Equinox with us used lower priced companies and got the same great results. I'm not naming names, but please comparison shop before you settle on RIL. If saving 100 euro isn't important, then go with RIL.

RIL may not be the cheapest, during my research there were many others that were cheaper. I'm not advertising for them but I can only say they delivered. I was likely only going to do this vacation with my parents once. I found several that would have been several hundred euros cheaper per person, divide that by 6 or in my case 11 and well I pretty much picked on reputation by then.

Everyone needs to decide for themselves where to save a euro. No question Duman and Janey got a reputation and a tidy business going here :D

I'll probably get flamed for this, and I have nithing against RIL, but I do urge you to comparison shop. We just (8/7) used RIL for the Amalfi Coast tour, and although they were fine, several other people on the Equinox with us used lower priced companies and got the same great results. I'm not naming names, but please comparison shop before you settle on RIL. If saving 100 euro isn't important, then go with RIL.

No need to worry about getting back to the ship on time. With the communications they have today not a problem. It takes about an hour between the port and Rome. We used RIL recently and we're using them again in about 3 months so we were more than impressed with them. The Rome tour and Pompeii were the two best tours we have ever been on. Now I don't have to shop around.

Thanks. I guess I was getting the distance mixed up with the Livorno Port: So From Civitavecchia to Rome ;it is one hour? and From Livorno to Florence it is 1.5hrs? Just trying to figure this out since if we have a Vatican tour at 2.00pm which is when the tour company is suggesting we get the tickets for, then how long is the Vatican tour? (2-3hrs?) Thanks

I have been touring with Romeinlimo for several years and on many different ports and I have never heard of anyone that hasn't made it back to the ship on time. Just a few messages here of something like that would kill their business. I really think with as many references that there are on the Cruise Critic (and other sites) that you can really put that worry out of your mind and just enjoy your awesome day with them!

Enjoy!

Thanks. I guess I was getting the distance mixed up with the Livorno Port: So From Civitavecchia to Rome ;it is one hour? and From Livorno to Florence it is 1.5hrs? Just trying to figure this out since if we have a Vatican tour at 2.00pm which is when the tour company is suggesting we get the tickets for, then how long is the Vatican tour? (2-3hrs?) Thanks

You'll probably spend about 2 hours in the Vatican, have some time for a very quick "comfort" stop and possibly shopping, and be on the road by 4:45 p.m. Our ride back to Rome took a little over an hour.

Archived