penthouse suites on marina

law123

are all of the penthouse suites ok or are there some that should be avoided eg one next to the executive lounge or near stairs or elevators

on which side is it best to have a PH suite ?

The ship has not yet moved with passengers and crew aboard, so there is no way to tell which cabins are better than others. Based on the Regatta class ships, there will be no noise seeping into the staterooms through the interior doors. Marina should be even better.

Again, please understand that none of us have sailed on Marina yet! Asking whether or not you need to be concerned about the executive lounge is a bit premature.The intent of these lounges as I understand it, is to provide a room where those in the suites may access a Concierge who would be available for such things as dinner reservations, shore excursions or other passenger needs. I really doubt that you need worry about noises bothering those across the hallway.On the other three ships, people have commented many times about how well the soundproofing is and how sounds from the elevartor lobbies or laundry rooms are never heard. Ask me again when we return from our Inaugrual Passage cruise early next year!

the executive lounge is supposedly going to be open 24/7 although not serving alcohol (I have been told ) . Should One be concerned about a suite opposite the executive lounge ?

Given the current age demographics of Oceania cruisers I highly doubt there will be too many up partying in the wee hours.

But with the bigger ship they may attract a lot younger crowd ;)

As already stated the current ships are fairly well sound proof so I would not worry

No one yet knows yet exactly what to expect, but I don't see the Executive Lounge on Deck 11, or the Concierge Lounge on Deck 9, as being party lounges. I suspect they will be more of a combination of library and computer area, just more conveniently located. There will likely be some comfortable furniture, a desk for a staff person. probably a couple of computers like can be found in a corner of the library on the existing ships, maybe a larger screen TV, perhaps some snacks.

If I thought they would put a microwave in the lounge so I could pop some bags of popcorn whenever I like, I would upgrade our cabin!

But, given everything else to do aboard the ship, I wouldn't expect crowds to hang out in those lounges.

I'm guessing that these lounges will be a lot like the Grill lounge on QM2, a very quiet spot where one can deal with the concierge for whatever reason, avoid having to go to the purser's desk and perhaps have a cup of coffee or tea and some pastries and sandwiches. I don't think there will be any raucous frolicking.

I thank you all for your input

Notwithstanding that the ship hasn't been finished and not sailed - if you had the choice of picking the 4 best PH1 which would the be ?

thanks

11026 or 11029 are the PH1 triple threats-

-near, but not
too
near the forward elevator bank

-located almost exactly midships

-near the executive lounge

Yet, if I were booking a Penthouse I'd much rather be in one of the Penthouse 3's down on deck 7.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for a quirky cabin, but it looks to me like those four lonely Suites will have the largest verandas of any Penthouse, and will be an excellent value for money.

In fact, if Marina starts her 2012 season without having those cabins reclassified as PH1's, I've missed my guess.

The verandas on the rear portion of deck 7 are definitely larger, but the tradeoff may be a little less privacy, since when standing or sitting near the rail you will be in full view of all the decks above you.

Yes, but if I'm having a lovely cocktail party on the huge veranda of my PH3, I won't care who else sees me. :p

And if you're doing something more risque out on the veranda of a cruise ship, then you're on your own! :eek:

11026 or 11029 are the PH1 triple threats-

-near, but not
too

Yet, if I were booking a Penthouse I'd much rather be in one of the Penthouse 3's down on deck 7.

Maybe I'm just a sucker for a quirky cabin, but it looks to me like those four lonely Suites will have the largest verandas of any Penthouse, and will be an excellent value for money.

In fact, if Marina starts her 2012 season without having those cabins reclassified as PH1's, I've missed my guess.

Jim/Stan..oh how I am kicking myself for not doing my homework thoroughly. I had missed these cabins all together and to think it's a canal crossing. Kick, kick kick..Deb

Jim/Stan..oh how I am kicking myself for not doing my homework thoroughly. I had missed these cabins all together and to think it's a canal crossing. Kick, kick kick..Deb

Debbie-

So Call your Agent and have them check if any one of them is still open.

You never know until you ask........:D, and you never know what may open up before your sail date :D:D

Regards to Jimmy-

Jim & Stan

Debbie-

So Call your Agent and have them check if any one of them is still open.

You never know until you ask........:D, and you never know what may open up before your sail date :D:D

Regards to Jimmy-

Jim & Stan

Just did that. She will keep an eye open. We'll just keep our fingers crossed. Perhaps since we could not come a day early, the great powers that be may just grant us this wish. :o

to Jimand Stan- what is a triple threat?

In Entertainment Circles, a performer who can SING and DANCE and ACT is known as a triple threat.

We borrowed the term to describe the Penthouses which also had three positive attributes:

-near, but not
too

11026 or 11029 are the PH1 triple threats-<blockquote>

-near, but not too near the forward elevator bank

Darn! I booked 11039! However, maybe I'll get to go to one of those wild parties in the Executive Lounge!!

• 5 weeks later...
Cintipam,

I think the Marina will be large enough so that you can frolic all you want in other venues. Happy "significant birthday" in advance.

A belated thanks, wripro, because I have been absent from these boards for five weeks! (Addiction definitely cured.)

Archived