Dilemna on B2B cruise

No correct answer to this one, but what would you do.

On AdvOTS B2B two five night cruises 8th - 18th November.

Currently in E1 Aft cabin with larger balcony for both cruises (same cabin)

Cruise 1 has taken a price drop so that we could upgrade to JS at no cost which would get us an extra cruise credit and would be nice to be in BUT.........would mean giving up Aft cabin and being in the same cabin for both cruises.

So what would you do?

Upgrade, get extra credit, be in JS for cruise 1 but go through the hassle of moving all your clothes etc

or

Stay with what we have.....balcony cabin Aft for both cruises..............

The decision is yours

No correct answer to this one, but what would you do.

On AdvOTS B2B two five night cruises 8th - 18th November.

Currently in E1 Aft cabin with larger balcony for both cruises (same cabin)

Cruise 1 has taken a price drop so that we could upgrade to JS at no cost which would get us an extra cruise credit and would be nice to be in BUT.........would mean giving up Aft cabin and being in the same cabin for both cruises.

So what would you do?

Upgrade, get extra credit, be in JS for cruise 1 but go through the hassle of moving all your clothes etc

or

Stay with what we have.....balcony cabin Aft for both cruises..............

The decision is yours

Can you get an aft JS on cruise 1 close to your aft E1 on cruise 2? If I only had to move my bags a few feet down the hall, I'd go for the JS. Then, I'd be hoping for a price drop/upgrade opportunity on cruise 2.

We changed cabins on our b2b because the first week, there was a major price drop, and D2's were cheaper than the E2 we had booked for both legs. Saved around $600 and got a bigger cabin, moving was no hassle, popped the small stuff into the suitcase, left the hagning stuffin the closet and the stewards took care of it

It's not a huge hassle to move. We've done it and as others have said, you just need to pack the stuff in the drawers and bathroom. The room steward will move the items hanging in the closet. If you want the JS, do it. It will take at most an hour to pack.

There is another downside, which was not a big deal for us. Because we changed rooms, we could not get into the new room until 1pm, just like everyone else boarding that day. This may have been specific to our ship, so it may not be apply to you. I'd touch base with your new room steward sometime in the first week and explain the situation. You may find that they will make your room available to you before 1pm.

We've done several B2B's, and all but one time we have been in the same stateroom. The one time we had to change rooms, we went to talk to the new cabin steward who said he would have our room ready when we returned from the fast trip through customs and back onto the ship. The first steward moved all of our things to the new room (from deck 9 to 10). It went very smoothly.

Note: we did tip both stewards extra for the move. On

the JS question, we always have a JS and love them.

However, we prefer mid-ship. If you haven't had a JS it would be a chance to enjoy that one time. It could happen that they might be able to arrange the same

JS for both weeks. Go with what you feel, and have a

great sailing. :)

Cruzin Lady

Think if I remember right you are on deck 9 aft E1, if you take cabin 9618 on the hump on the first cruise and then move back to your aft cabin, you are going to be kind of mad after enjoying that JS on the hump for the first 5 days and then moving to the smaller cabin.

Or switch your second cruise to D1 cabin 1690 or 1390, those are much better aft balconies then the ones on deck 9 anyway and switch your first cruise to JS cabin aft on deck 10 either cabin 1394 or 1694 and and then you won't have far at all to more your stuff. Same Cabin Steward too! When looking for those 2 JS's on deck 10 make sure you put in 3 people in the cabin. They will let you book it with 2 people. Many people have booked those cabins with just 2 persons.

All the above cabins I listed are available when I posted my reply to this thread.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Jimbo:)

There is another downside, which was not a big deal for us. Because we changed rooms, we could not get into the new room until 1pm, just like everyone else boarding that day. This may have been specific to our ship, so it may not be apply to you. I'd touch base with your new room steward sometime in the first week and explain the situation. You may find that they will make your room available to you before 1pm.

What ship were you on? We were on Monarch in 2008 and were able to drop our stuff off in our new cabin on the second leg before we disembarked for the turnaround processing (we actually went home and reboarded about 1:00)

And to the OP, I'd upgrade, no question. Lots more space in the JS!

What ship were you on? We were on Monarch in 2008 and were able to drop our stuff off in our new cabin on the second leg before we disembarked for the turnaround processing (we actually went home and reboarded about 1:00)

We were also on Monarch, this past May. The new room steward insisted we couldn't get into the room until 1pm. I think he was just overworked that day. It wasn't a big deal to us.

I just did the same thing in May/June..........b2b on the MN..........got into our new cabin before we did the turnaround process and even some after..........just made sure we left before the other passengers came out and they shut the fire doors...

In fact,I did a b2b last year too,on the MN and same thing.

On the b2b I just did,I had the same cabin to begin with ,then got a suite for the first part......I didnt think twice about it........go for it........really no hassle at all.

Thanks for all your advice guys.

I have indeed chnged E1 to JS cabin 1628 for week 1 (I think it is a sort of hump cabin), and recieved a $12pp price drop. How cool is that?

Keeping my eyes peeled for the 13th Nov now in the hope the same thing will happen, although, as the cruise is slightly better sold and a more in demand itinerary, I am not overly hopeful.

Thanks again.

Archived