Scones

Alona

Hi, just returned from our fantastic Baltic Cruise on board Queen Victoria.

Just wondering if anybody has the recipe for the wonderful scones that we had every day!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now on a diet!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Just wondering if anybody has the recipe for the wonderful scones that we had every day!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now on a diet!!!!!!!!!!!:)

There is a recipe for Scones in the QM2 cook book when I tried it they did not taste as good as Queen Victoria's.

They are fantastic arent they? I will make sure I have plenty this coming Friday :D

I thought I was safe on my last cruise in the fact they would be only served with the afternoon tea.. but noooo, loads of them available in the Lido!!

Chris

They are fantastic arent they? I will make sure I have plenty this coming Friday :D

I thought I was safe on my last cruise in the fact they would be only served with the afternoon tea.. but noooo, loads of them available in the Lido!!

Chris

And once you're up in the Lido, make sure to try the brownies ... one of the best I've ever tasted! :cool:

Nice reading all your posts, but still no recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused:

OK Try this;

Ingredients

500g plain flour

4 tsp baking powder

75g caster sugar

85g butter

2 eggs, lightly beaten

230ml milk

1 handful sultanas (optional)

1 eggs, beaten to glaze

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 230°C/gas 8.

2. Sift the flour, baking powder and sugar together in a bowl. Sift again to ensure the baking powder is well mixed.

3. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.

4. Make a well in the centre and pour in the eggs and enough milk to give a fairly soft dough.

5. Mix in the sultanas.

6. Turn the mixture onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out lightly to a thickness of about 2cm. Cut into rounds with a 5cm cutter.

7. Place the rounds on a baking sheet. Liberally brush with beaten egg, making sure the egg wash doesn't spill over the edges (this will prevent cooking).

8. Bake for about 10-15 minutes until brown and well risen.

9. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.

Measures are English so you may need to convert them.

Mustn't talk in lbs and ozs we will have the whole weight of the EU and weights and measures beating down on us!!

We have all had the 'chip' replaced in Britain, thou when I was in france one can still buy in livres (pounds)

Mustn't talk in lbs and ozs we will have the whole weight of the EU and weights and measures beating down on us!!

If you need 'English' meauring cups etc just shop for it the next time you are in New York (or anyhere in the US). We are still stuck in the old system.

We have all had the 'chip' replaced in Britain, thou when I was in france one can still buy in livres (pounds)

One can buy in pounds in the UK. The difficulty is that the seller can't sell in pounds.

No. That makes no sense to me either.

At least we don't use cups. What sort of measure is that? Does one use Spode or Wedgwood?

Confused of Wiltshire.

If you are interested in the 'Cup' measure then I suggest that you view http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cup_(unit)

As you can see there are varying sizes of 'cup'. In the US there are two versions of the Cup, the legal Cup and the customary cup. The Cup was sometimes used in the UK and, of course, that is a different size to the above!

Archived