Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You

philsfun

- volcano dessert, available on children's menu basically a huge banana split - yum

- books in the library are free to borrow, as long as you return them before you get off

- popcorn during muts

- always ask for what you want, the staff try to accommodate to the best of their abilities

We were on the Sapphire in May and when I finished each of my books I took them to the library and exchanged them for a different book previously read by another cruiser. What a green concept!

Jan

This has been addressed...most recently by the very thorough post about 3 messages up (with the entire list).

See the sentence in RED.

Great tips everyone!!! Enjoyed reading them.

Dawn

I know, the RED was a quote from my post. I was wondering if they have changed again and are now, again, serving fresh squeezed at no extra cost.

I know, the RED was a quote from my post. I was wondering if they have changed again and are now, again, serving fresh squeezed at no extra cost.

Oops. Sorry about that...thought it was someone that just didn't read the entire great post [of yours]...much like me that didn't read the author's name of both posts--ha!!!

I think it is probably safe to say that you are correct and that is current information.

:)

Getting back to the wine that Princess allows you to bring on board - it is one of a few reasons why Princess is my favorite cruise line. I believe in following the rules, and I really enjoy pouring myself a glass of wine while I sit on my balcony. Since Princess allows you two bottles per stateroom, I do look at Princess first when looking for a cruise. Other things enter into the picture, too, of coarse, but since most other cruise lines don't allow it, I think it is one thing that sets Princess a notch above the others.

HAL allows wine too.

Theo

I like being able to launder my own underwear.

Dumb and Dumber on some of the ships with the really good C/D's.

The white pizza day.

The grilled chicken on the LIDO deck at a table for two.

The spa/wave pool without the wave machine going:o

What ship is White Pizza available and where ? LOVE white pizza !

Thanks

Well that must have changed since May 2010 because it was free on the Sea Princess just several months ago.

Can't answer for the Sea Princess, but the free fresh-squeezed has been gradually been eliminated from various ships over the past two years.

Can't answer for the Sea Princess, but the free fresh-squeezed has been gradually been eliminated from various ships over the past two years.

One of the many "secrets" that vary from ship to ship. The only way to find out is to order it and see what the response from the waiter is.

And remember to ask if there is a charge! Yes -- they will bring you fresh OJ and a charge slip for $2.75 + 15% and then you can keep arguing till you are blue in the face.

One of the many "secrets" that vary from ship to ship. The only way to find out is to order it and see what the response from the waiter is.

And remember to ask if there is a charge! Yes -- they will bring you fresh OJ and a charge slip for $2.75 + 15% and then you can keep arguing till you are blue in the face.

That's what he said. I declined. I was not interested in purchasing the entire stste of florida!icon7.gif

I like being able to launder my own underwear.

Dumb and Dumber on some of the ships with the really good C/D's.

The white pizza day.

The grilled chicken on the LIDO deck at a table for two.

The spa/wave pool without the wave machine going:o

What is white pizza?

The compilation was certainly a useful posting! Thanks! I was just chatting with DH while cooking in the kitchen together and told him about the MDR for lunch on Embarkation Day... Gonna have to give that a try! I love the Welcome Aboard buffet because usually we're traveling day-of and after boarding a plane in the wee hours of the morning, I've usually worked up a good appetite by lunch/late lunch time. MDR sit-down lunch seems like it would be more relaxed and refreshing after a very long train ride this upcoming cruise morning-of, I'm going to be an antsy mess!

Actually a mix of correct and some out dated information. If anyone boards with the expectation that they will get everything mentioned, they are in for a big disappointment.

I think most are probably true, but if we don't talk about them and share our knowledge we might just miss the one thing that makes the perfect cruise

We will try some of these and if they don;t pan out; try something else

KEEP THE TIPS COMING:D

Archived