Promoting private excursions on board

skurvish

We are attempting to book some private shore excursions but are not getting the response we need from the roll call. Anyone have any thoughts on how the cruise line might react if we attempted to promote these ourselves while on board? Person to person should not be a problem, but we thought we might drop fliers at each door.

Thoughts?

We are attempting to book some private shore excursions but are not getting the response we need from the roll call. Anyone have any thoughts on how the cruise line might react if we attempted to promote these ourselves while on board? Person to person should not be a problem, but we thought we might drop fliers at each door.

Thoughts?

How would the cruise line react? They may just "shorten" your cruise. Not a good idea.

Person to person would be fine, but distributing flyers may be frowned upon. It the past, we have found a couple to share a rental car for a day just by asking around.

There has also been some firming up of private excursions amongst the Roll Call members.

Thoughts?

How do you spell tacky????

Thoughts?

The cruise line sells excursions. How do you think they are going to react when they find someone competing with them on their own ship?

If you do this, make sure you have a passport. You may end up flying home from the first port stop.

On every cruise line, it's against the rules to promote yourself as a travel agent or promote any kind of travel agent activities-----and you need not be a travel agent to break those rules. I think it would be frowned upon to even do this one on one

We used to get a real kick out of watching our office building's security guard jump and run when he would hear that some unauthorized party was going floor to floor selling something. I would LOVE to see the cruise ship staff's reaction when they get wind of somebody promoting private excursions onboard.........I just think that would be hysterical!

On every cruise line, it's against the rules to promote yourself as a travel agent or promote any kind of travel agent activities-----and you need not be a travel agent to break those rules. I think it would be frowned upon to even do this one on one

Of course the line would object to any marketing effort, but certainly there can be no objection to one on one. On every cruise I've taken I have shared non-line-sponsored excursion costs (or airport transportation at debarkation) with people I've met on board. I cannot imagine any line attempting to discourage such interaction among passengers.

Thoughts?

Talking to someone about an excursion -- fine.

But dropping off flyers door-to-door -- NO WAY!!

Archived