FINALLY a new boarding pass

aaerobear

Princess has finally come up with a new boarding pass/e ticket. The new one does NOT require a signature as you elect for an "electronic" signature in the cruise personalizer. The new BP also takes only 3/4 of a page for most cruisers (more space if there are several passengers on the same credit card. The only time you need to sign (actually initial) the BP is when you change the CC.

We will all get to save paper now, and for those that do not read the top paragraph of their boarding passes and come to the check-in counter without the old one signed, it will save time and move the check-in process along faster.

I have always marveled at the number of people that arrive at check-in and then ask "what do you need?" when a simple reading of the Boarding pass's first paragraph would tell them all they need to know and save a lot of time and get them on board faster.

Mine says that an electronic signature is on file. No signature required. Here is what is on the bottom of the boarding pass. Right below it, it states "Authorized users and our names".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be prepared to present your credit card for verification at cruise-check-in.

I have provided by electronic signature authorization to Princess Cruises to charge all goods and/or services I receive to the credit card listed above. I also authorize those passengers in my cabin listed below, for which I am listed as the credit card owner, to charge shipboard purchases to my credit card.

I wonder if the following might make a difference. The cruise is booked in my name but DW, who is a passenger as well, is the owner of the CC used. Any possibility?

Always looking for the variable... shalom, Andy.

I wonder if the following might make a difference. The cruise is booked in my name but DW, who is a passenger as well, is the owner of the CC used. Any possibility?

The cruise is booked in my husband's name but I'm the owner of the CC used.

That shouldn't make any difference but who knows?

The Passenger Immigration form now has a section at the bottom of the Shipboard Account section to elect Electronic Signature Authorization. If you go to thiis section and fill it out and then reprint your boarding passes you get the new version.

The Passenger Immigration form now has a section at the bottom of the Shipboard Account section to elect Electronic Signature Authorization. If you go to thiis section and fill it out and then reprint your boarding passes you get the new version.
Thanks.

Thanks for the information. Updated my immigration form for our next cruise in a couple of weeks. Makes life a little easier.

Ted

Archived