Cross pollination

hansol1966

We have just had some offers from Cunard with other offers for Holland America Line is this usual or right. Direct from a Cunard email.

Fred.

I have just had an email from P&O advertising HAL as well. :eek:

They have had adverts in the back of the brochure for years so maybe this is the next idea. Or maybe HAL are not doing well so they pushing them.

We have just had some offers from Cunard with other offers for Holland America Line is this usual or right. Direct from a Cunard email.

Fred.

So have I.

It says:

We'd also like to take this opportunity to introduce you to Holland America Line, a sister cruise line to Cunard within The World's Leading Cruise Lines.

spacer.gif

Yours sincerely,

spacer.gif

Richard Curtis

spacer.gif

Head of Brand Marketing

Cunard Line

This email was sent by Carnival plc, owner of Cunard. Holland America Line is a Carnival group cruise brand. You gave Carnival plc, of which Cunard is a brand, your email address along with permission to contact you occasionally in respect of Carnival group cruise brands.

Carnival plc, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 04039524. Registered office address: 5 Gainsford Street, London SE1 2NE

Not totally surprised. Here in North America, once you sail with one of the lines in the Carnival family you are suddenly receiving email offers from other lines in the family (Carnival, Cunard, Costa, HAL, Princess, etc.).

I've never seen direct cross advertising in the same email but it wouldn't surprise me either. It seems to be the next natural step.

Its possible that they are trying to promote HAL harder to the British!

According to another board, Princess & Ocean Village 'subscribers' got it too

I am sure in the past I have had e-mails from the 'sister brands', but they were from the brand itself - this one is unusual (to me) in that it was from Cunard with a '& by the way ' introduction to HAL.

Interestingly, I 'subscribe' to e-mails from Cunard & P&O - but, so far, have only had this from Cunard.

Fred.

We get offers from Princess all the time, actually more than from Cunard. Our TA has traved Princess but more prefers Celebrity. I've told him to try Cunard.

Archived