relaxation lounge?

jwright98

I am currently booked 1C on an upcoming Solstice cruise. I just notice the AQ rate has dropped to only $100 more than what I paid, so I am considering upgrading. I know there are many many threads whether AQ is worth it (heard it was mainly for dining in Blu).

I was reading the amenities list for AQ and notice the following: unlimited access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room. What is this room? WHat is in there? Is it crowded? I was wondering if it would be worth upgrading just to have access to this area. Can others access it for a fee or is it only for AQ passengers?

Are there other amenities that make upgrading worth it (I know it is subjective and personal opinions, but I would love to hear). Thanks!

J

I was reading the amenities list for AQ and notice the following: unlimited access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room. What is this room? WHat is in there? Is it crowded? I was wondering if it would be worth upgrading just to have access to this area. Can others access it for a fee or is it only for AQ passengers?

Are there other amenities that make upgrading worth it (I know it is subjective and personal opinions, but I would love to hear). Thanks!

J

First to be clear, The Persian Gardens (PG) and the Relaxation Room are two different rooms. Of the two, The PG is the most important since it includes a steam room and a dry heat room, plus eight heated loungers. If you "search" for Persian Gardens you will find a much better description than my poor wording. It is free to AQ passengers, and Suite passenger (while in port), but others can buy passes for either one day or the entire cruise. We really liked going to The PG, usually not busy (never was full), and was very relaxing.

The Relaxation Room is a small room all the way forward that is used for just what the name implies; relaxation. It is free to AQ passengers, and is used as a quite waiting room for people waiting for a spa treatment. We never used this room; could never remember to go visit.

As for other AQ stuff, the only other big item (and for most the only reason to book an AQ cabin) is that Blu will be your assigned dining room. That alone is easily well worth the $100 upgrade IMO, and for most others.

I am currently booked 1C on an upcoming Solstice cruise. I just notice the AQ rate has dropped to only $100 more than what I paid, so I am considering upgrading. I know there are many many threads whether AQ is worth it (heard it was mainly for dining in Blu).

J

Is 1C the same as C1? I am not sure the Relaxation room would be the main reason for going to AQ. The bottled water is a nice perk and I think the special massage shower head is really nice. The other perks are the same as C1. The sparkling wine bottle, foot stools, and extra cruise credit for C1 and AQ are nice perks IMO.

1C is a standard balcony, C1 is a concierge class balcony. Free access to the PG and a seperate restaurant with open seating would definately be worth $100 to me.

Great for the OP. I guess I will have to try the PG on one of the port days sometime.

I currently have a 1C reserved, not C1.

I am very tempted to upgrade, but doing so would eat into some of our "excursion" money (this is our very first cruise so I am trying to get a handle on the differences between the rate classes and so forth). So I guess I'm trying to figure out if Blue and the PG would be worth the $100 upgrade.

Thanks all for your help! Any other opinions are greatly appreciated as well.

Spend the $100 on the upgrade. Blu is worth the extra bucks. There are a few other perks that are also nice -- free bottled water daily, free iced tea and fresh fruit daily, an upgraded shower with body jets (like standing in a whirlpool) and Persian Gardens. My husband loved the steam room in Persian Gardens. The heated loungers are also nice. They control entrance by your room key.

The relaxation room is not restricted. It is located on the floor above the spa and is supposed to be used by AQ and those booking spa treatments. It is a wonderful, quiet area with extra large comfy loungers which look out the front of the ship.

Is 1C the same as C1? I am not sure the Relaxation room would be the main reason for going to AQ. The bottled water is a nice perk and I think the special massage shower head is really nice. The other perks are the same as C1. The sparkling wine bottle, foot stools, and extra cruise credit for C1 and AQ are nice perks IMO.

I have been in AQ twice and the main reason for going to AQ is Blu. The relaxation room is not something you would book the category for, just not a real big deal...On this most recent cruise last week, they weren't even asking for ID to relaxation room.Bottle water is a nice perk...

1C is not the same as C1....1C is a plain veranda cabin while C1 is a concierge cabin...

Is it okay to use an iPod in the relaxation room? It's not a steam room is it?

The Relaxation Room is not a steam room. Persian Gardens is.

BTW, I've heard everyone talk about Blu being the main reason to book AQ, but for the last several cruises, on a couple of different lines, I've paid extra for the "thermal suites" like the Persian Gardens. In addition to that, on our last Celebrity cruise, we booked Concierge class and the room service was absolutely fantastic. It was far above what we experienced on other lines. I cannot tell you if it was because it was Concierge Class, or if it was because that's to be expected on Celebrity, or if it was just that we had a fantastic cabin steward. But after that experience, it was very easy for me to justify in my own mind spending additional to book Aqua Class. That's just my opinion.

Archived