Princess: cruisers sanctioned for frivilous lawsuit

jleq

Good for the courts.

Why did they wait more then the year allowed to file?

Does not fall under Maritime laws, how ridiculous, their lawyer is a moron.

They award should have been triple that.

That was the Crown Princess.

Anyone know what the supposed injuries they are claiming. The article doesn't say much about what they are claiming other than some type of injury and they waited about 2 years to file a claim.

The first suit may have been realistic to attempt (see below), other than its timing issues. There are exceptions to the 1 year limits, such as finding medical issues that can be traced to the original incident (difficult, but possible). Or if it can be show the defendant themselves incurred the delay (not the case here)

That said, unless neglect can be proved, in general, I can't see how any injuries can be claimed from a tilting ship. Like baseball bats going into the stands, that's a foreseeable risk on a cruise and usually not actionable beyond direct care expenses (if that was all they were asking for I doubt they would have appealed the initial decision)

Does Princess ever ban folks from cruising with them again? If so, these folks should be on the list! ;)

I think all or most cruiselines will ban somebody under extreme circumstances.

A couple of years ago or so, there was a thread here which reported a news article about a couple that cruised extensively, but complained about everything to the cruise line and demanding compensation for each cruise they traveled on. It got to be so bad that most of the major lines asked them to find another cruise line to travel on. At the time of the article, the only cruiseline that was willing to book them was NCL. If my memory is correct this couple went through RCCL, Princess, Carnival, and I think Celebrity and HAL with all these lines requesting they find another line to travel on.

A couple of years ago or so, there was a thread here which reported a news article about a couple that cruised extensively, but complained about everything to the cruise line and demanding compensation for each cruise they traveled on. It got to be so bad that most of the major lines asked them to find another cruise line to travel on. At the time of the article, the only cruiseline that was willing to book them was NCL. If my memory is correct this couple went through RCCL, Princess, Carnival, and I think Celebrity and HAL with all these lines requesting they find another line to travel on.

I have stood in line at the Purser's Desk behind folks like this; I've been seated at a dinner table with folks like this; I've heard folks like this in the elevator, at the bar and in the theatre.

They never cease to amaze me. Some people will not be happy, no matter what.

My father would never allow any of his children to be in the "service" business. Wonder why?

And so they should. :mad:

I have stood in line at the Purser's Desk behind folks like this; I've been seated at a dinner table with folks like this; I've heard folks like this in the elevator, at the bar and in the theatre.

They never cease to amaze me. Some people will not be happy, no matter what.

My father would never allow any of his children to be in the "service" business. Wonder why?

It is unfortunate that it appears that some people only go on a cruise to find an excuse to demand a refund or sue.

Archived