wish vs reality

cruise kitty

Ok, so what I want, desperately, is that black & ivory striped tee from Chanel, but what I've got is one from target instead ;) (still cute, I'ts mossimo, & I'll wear it with black leggings & metallic ballet flats) What's on your wish list for fall?

http://www.fabsugar.com/Claudia-Schiffer-Sienna-Miller-Both-Wear-Black-White-Striped-Chanel-T-Shirt-3229926

An Hermes twilly or gavroche. Hopefully a "Tres Kelly" twilly in orange if it is available in the store when I finally get there. And a pair of skinny jeans to wear with my "riding" boots :)

(and I'm a thrift store shopper, so the H stuff is an ENORMOUS splurge for me :) )

Yes, the boots, when we were in Italy, it seemed all the girls had on these gorgeous, suede flat boots with their skinny jeans or leggings tucked in, they were wonderful. I'd be a fashion plate, if I could afford it:D

Suede is NOT at all practical here in Oklahoma! It's very pretty, but will get ruined in a heartbeat and I can't stand flushing money down the toilet.

I love that chanel shirt! So cute!

As for my wish v. Reality....

I'd love a soft leather large-ish handbag like a Botkier -something that I can always carry but that isn't too trendy...I don't like black handbags because I wear a ton of black and prefer to add some color through accessories so a slate grey, dark, inky blue or deep emerald green would make me happy. I like handbags that look a bit slouchy, with some ruching and with a bit of hardware like chains, but not too much...this is my dream bag and I have yet to find one that I instantly fall in love with. I mention Botkier because there are a few that match my style, just nothing that makes me really excited. They are also not crazy expensive but it would still need to be something I saved up for.

My reality... B. Makowsky. Affordable leather - because my handbags are abused and need to hold up well during rain and snow and subway rides, and getting thrown around. Love my current handbag, but I've been carrying it every day for well over a year but I need a change!

Suede is NOT at all practical here in Oklahoma! It's very pretty, but will get ruined in a heartbeat and I can't stand flushing money down the toilet.

:) snow, right? We've got two seasons here, the one where you wear capris & a tank top, & the one where you wear capris, a tanktop, & throw on a cute scarf pretending it's "winter":D

:) snow, right? We've got two seasons here, the one where you wear capris & a tank top, & the one where you wear capris, a tanktop, & throw on a cute scarf pretending it's "winter":D

Actually, it's more rain and slush. We get more sleet than snow usually - this last winter was definitely the exception!

I love that chanel shirt! So cute!

As for my wish v. Reality....

I'd love a soft leather large-ish handbag like a Botkier -something that I can always carry but that isn't too trendy...I don't like black handbags because I wear a ton of black and prefer to add some color through accessories so a slate grey, dark, inky blue or deep emerald green would make me happy. I like handbags that look a bit slouchy, with some ruching and with a bit of hardware like chains, but not too much...this is my dream bag and I have yet to find one that I instantly fall in love with. I mention Botkier because there are a few that match my style, just nothing that makes me really excited. They are also not crazy expensive but it would still need to be something I saved up for.

My reality... B. Makowsky. Affordable leather - because my handbags are abused and need to hold up well during rain and snow and subway rides, and getting thrown around. Love my current handbag, but I've been carrying it every day for well over a year but I need a change!

You should visit NYC during sales season - Botkiers always go for 70% off.

Here's my "wish vs reality" plea: I wish I could dress to go on vacation (or cruise) and look like "travelers" do in movies..... I just went to see a wonderful movie called "Cairo Time" this weekend. Patricia Clarkson was in Cairo waiting for her husband (on a UN mission) to show up and show her around. She unpacks her tiny suitcase and VOILA has all these wonderful linen clothes with nary a wrinkle; not to mention cute jersey dresses, and appropriate attire for Embassy events and dressy Egyptian weddings.

Why can't I figure out how to do this on my travels??

Same as last year's - tall grey leather boots with a 2.5" heel. Can't seem to find them in my price range and size at the same time!

I've noticed that Born has quite a few grey boots this year. Not sure if they have what you want in your price range (not sure what that is) but they run $100-200 - the ones I've seen. I saw a pair in the Garnet HIll catalog and looked at the Born website but it's full of Flash and not loading well at home (live in the boonie, no high speed internet:rolleyes:) I haven't checked Shoebuy.com or zappos or other but - just a thought if they might have something you like...

Here's my "wish vs reality" plea: I wish I could dress to go on vacation (or cruise) and look like "travelers" do in movies..... I just went to see a wonderful movie called "Cairo Time" this weekend. Patricia Clarkson was in Cairo waiting for her husband (on a UN mission) to show up and show her around. She unpacks her tiny suitcase and VOILA has all these wonderful linen clothes with nary a wrinkle; not to mention cute jersey dresses, and appropriate attire for Embassy events and dressy Egyptian weddings.

Why can't I figure out how to do this on my travels??

I feel your pain, we were watching the people on our cruise last year, we'd come back from port, & barely drag ourselves through a buffet dinner, meanwhile people in their 80's are donning their gowns & tuxes for the late seating, & you know they're gonna ballroom dance half the night away...how do they do it? I usually start out in the morning feeling pretty good about my look, by the end of the day my hair looks like a rat's nest, make up has myteriously disappeared, (including mascara...where does it go???) &, I'm pretty sure that despite a shower before I go to bed, & one in the morning, that I smell.:( I want to be Grace Kelly in to catch a thief, always perfectly outfitted for any occasion...heck I'd settle for Grace Kelly even with bad clothes!

I feel your pain, we were watching the people on our cruise last year, we'd come back from port, & barely drag ourselves through a buffet dinner, meanwhile people in their 80's are donning their gowns & tuxes for the late seating, & you know they're gonna ballroom dance half the night away...how do they do it? I usually start out in the morning feeling pretty good about my look, by the end of the day my hair looks like a rat's nest, make up has myteriously disappeared, (including mascara...where does it go???) &, I'm pretty sure that despite a shower before I go to bed, & one in the morning, that I smell.:( I want to be Grace Kelly in to catch a thief, always perfectly outfitted for any occasion...heck I'd settle for Grace Kelly even with bad clothes!

How about Audrey Hepburn in "Roman Holiday"? My own Roman holidays bear little resemblance.... :o

• 2 weeks later...

Archived