Transfers from airport to ship

cptncrunch

I booked them for the first day and return day, however I didnt get a chance to ask my TA how they work. Do they shuttle people every hour or somthing, we still havent booked a flight.

For airport to ship, there may be a wait as they do try to fill up the bus.

For ship to airport, they will also fill up the bus, but it will usually be pretty quick as many on the bus will have the same disembarkation time.

Which port and airport are you doing this in? Sometimes it may be easier and cheaper not to use Princess transportation.

For example, from Port everglades to the FLL airport, a cab is about $20 and the airport is ten minutes away. But if you are going from Port Everglades to MIA, the Princess bus is a better option as the distance and time and cab expense are greater.

I know we're flyin to Ft Lauderdale, and my personalizer says the port is Ft Lauderdale as well. We already payed for the transfers 28 bucks for there and back not to shabby if you ask me.. but ya...we havent booked our flight yet, so my concern was if there would be consecutive shuttle runs till the ship leaves.

I would ask the TA to cancel the transfers and just take a taxi. There will be plenty of taxis at both the airport and the pier. That way you are not waiting around for the bus to fill up and you might not arrive at checkin with 50 other people.

Because I booked airflights independently, Princess said I couldn't book their bus service, so had to get a taxi from Miami to Fort Lauderdale

If there is a Princess rep in baggage claim when you arrive you may be able to purchase a transfer or return to the airport the day of sailing for a transfer.

Because I booked airflights independently, Princess said I couldn't book their bus service, so had to get a taxi from Miami to Fort Lauderdale

That is not correct.

If you have a travel agent, have them call Princess. If you booked with Princess, call and say you want to add the transfer from MIA to the ship.

For disembarkation, you will have no problem. You can purchase the transfer while on the ship.

We always book our air independently and almost always buy transfers, we've never had a problem. The only time I've come close to having an issue was, our last cruise in June, where we didn't actually have a flight. I didn't want to bother trying to drive to the port (which is a traffic nightmare), so I took a shuttle company to the airport to catch the Princess transfer. Princess didn't quite know what to do with me without a flight, lol, but in the end it worked. If you want to be extra sure about things, you can plug your flight information into the cruise personalizer. I've done that for the first time for my short cruise next month. I purchased transfers, booked my own air and plugged the flight information into the personalizer. It has been accepted by Princess.

...we havent booked our flight yet, so my concern was if there would be consecutive shuttle runs till the ship leaves.

Sort of consecutively although not necessarily one right after the other. As has been mentioned, they have to wait for the buses to arrive, then they try to fill it/them before heading out to the ship. I'm not sure when the last one would leave, but I have a feeling it's at least 90 minutes before sailing...could be wrong.

We always book our air independently and almost always buy transfers, we've never had a problem. The only time I've come close to having an issue was, our last cruise in June, where we didn't actually have a flight. I didn't want to bother trying to drive to the port (which is a traffic nightmare), so I took a shuttle company to the airport to catch the Princess transfer. Princess didn't quite know what to do with me without a flight, lol, but in the end it worked. If you want to be extra sure about things, you can plug your flight information into the cruise personalizer. I've done that for the first time for my short cruise next month. I purchased transfers, booked my own air and plugged the flight information into the personalizer. It has been accepted by Princess.

Sort of consecutively although not necessarily one right after the other. As has been mentioned, they have to wait for the buses to arrive, then they try to fill it/them before heading out to the ship. I'm not sure when the last one would leave, but I have a feeling it's at least 90 minutes before sailing...could be wrong.

The OP is coming from and is probably booked from the UK.

They do things a little different.

We always book our air independently and almost always buy transfers, we've never had a problem. The only time I've come close to having an issue was, our last cruise in June, where we didn't actually have a flight.

I did this once in LA. What we did is we told them a fictitious flight number that would be arriving around the time we planned to get to LAX and that worked fine.

If there is a Princess rep in baggage claim when you arrive you may be able to purchase a transfer or return to the airport the day of sailing for a transfer.

I emailed Princess before my cruise and it was a definite no no

I realize that but what I was saying is maybe you can get one at the airport.

After they refused, I booked a taxi on line for $40 but our flight was five hours late and we had to get a yellow cab $84. I complained to BA on my return and got a nice pay out for other things the delay caused.

You just have to make sure your arrival flights are within the pick up guidelines that Princess gives, same with departure. Check on this before booking your flights if you want their transfers. Than you have to add your flights in the cruise personalizer so they know of your arrival, or have your TA do this.

Archived