Voyager dry dock modifications

Anyone know the dry dock modifications performed to the Voyager in May of last year, after she left Galveston?

We're booked in February 2011 and were aboard the Voyager in February 2009. Will I see any changes?

JD

Anyone know the dry dock modifications performed to the Voyager in May of last year, after she left Galveston?

We're booked in February 2011 and were aboard the Voyager in February 2009. Will I see any changes?

JD

The astroturf stuff is gone from the pool deck, replaced with an attractive non-slip surface. They say it's much easier to keep clean.

Same thing was done on the Majesty of the Seas during its recent dry dock.

I was on Mariner this past June, after I had seen the new pool deck surface on Voyager. Mariner still has the old astroturf stuff. I was surprised at how worn and ratty the astroturf looked on Mariner, after seeing Voyager. I think that new surface is a beautiful improvement.

I was talking with the facilities manager on Monarch last month and he said the new pool deck surface was coming to Monarch in it's next drydock. I think Monarch's drydock is scheduled soon, maybe January?

I was talking with the facilities manager on Monarch last month and he said the new pool deck surface was coming to Monarch in it's next drydock. I think Monarch's drydock is scheduled soon, maybe January?

This was also slated to be done on Enchantment's recent drydock. Looks like eventually the plan is to get rid of the astroturf fleet-wide, to which I say "YAY"..... the astroturf always looks so ratty and yucky.

JD

I was on her just after the dry dock and didn't notice anything different other than the pool deck surface and some carpeting - both of which they were still working on while we were cruising. (Much to the displeasure of many of the cruisers)

They didn't do anything structural or add a Chops or anything like that.

JD

Which date in February? We are on her the last week of February and need more people to sign up for our sad looking Meet and Mingle. :(

This was also slated to be done on Enchantment's recent drydock. Looks like eventually the plan is to get rid of the astroturf fleet-wide, to which I say "YAY"..... the astroturf always looks so ratty and yucky.

Yes, I agree. The astroturf is especially hard to clean when food and drinks are spilled. I remember some areas around Sovereign's pool deck that always smelled like spoiled milk.

I'm sure the surface choice has always been a tradeoff for Royal. The astroturf is probably the best surface for being non-slip. I'm guessing that they found the new surface to be sufficiently non-slip to replace the turf, with the added advantage of being much more attractive and easier to clean.

I've sailed the Voyager OTS in March 2008, 2009, and 2010. It shows how observant I am -- I didn't even notice the astoturf was gone. TV's in cabins are still old-style tube. Mini-golf course looked like it needed new carpetting. But overall the ship is in great shape. Last year for Galveston -- replaced with Mariner OTS fall 2011.

Archived