Live...Live....Live from the Oasis 8/28/10 with Merion Mom

I have just had two nice posts eaten by the *#&$*((R*&E*& RC computer. I can't stand it.

You will have to wait until later to hear about the Unexpected Boys and

about

THE QUEST.

We are headed to the Ice Show.

Oh, they DO have the beer in the cooler special. Tonight they even have half price draft beers.

Hence why I asked Carol the question.:)

Yes, I forgot she and I could see-- Eye to Eye...........we were on the IOS with she and Bill.

I love that sliding feature on all the other ships, so bummer they made it high!!

Yes, I forgot she and I could see-- Eye to Eye...........we were on the IOS with she and Bill.

I love that sliding feature on all the other ships, so bummer they made it high!!

Oh someone else who has a short distance to fall to the floor.:D

Oh someone else who has a short distance to fall to the floor.:D

Yep, challenged in the height dept.:D

That is why I loved the sliding shower bar, we even put one in our shower at home. Saves the hair, even with a shower cap on, otherwise it is right down on the head!

Yep, challenged in the height dept.:D

That is why I loved the sliding shower bar, we even put one in our shower at home. Saves the hair, even with a shower cap on, otherwise it is right down on the head!

Oh believe me I resemble that remark although I felt tall next to Carol.

Carol: Thanks for all the wonderful information on the Oasis. I can't wait to see you on Saturday. You have mail by the way!!!

Len and I have seen the Unexpected Boys twice..since they change singers all the time, the shows were "different" loved the first show the second show was just ok.

Ira: If you are reading this - thanks for the chuckle..I had forgotten about the Martini Naz..

So what cruises did you book now? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

L

Does anyone know if there is a way to just read the op's thread without having to read all the other posts?

There are a few ways. The easiest might just be to leave the thread and go back to the RCI forum.

When you see the topic titles, it also shows the number of relpies and the number of views the topics have.

If you click on the number of replies, a window will pop up showing what members have replied to the thread and the number of replies they have in the topic.

If you click on the number of replies the OP has you will get to see just the replies made by her.

I hope that makes sense....just in case it didn't, the link below will show you the results I got....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=17863557

Thanks, Scott. :)

Shower answers:

Yes to the leg-shaving bar question.

Yes to the "Can Carol, who is 5 feet and half an inch tall, reach the shower head?" question.

It's a stretch, but I can take it down and use it all over my body. :D

(bump)

Dirtgirl, one year ago today we were all on the Mariner. Good times. Sounds like you all are having an even better time! :p

I am having a great time!

Just whooped it up at 70's night! Have to get up at some ungodly hour to go on a ship excursion in Cozumel. Won't have time for the gym now!! :eek:

Thanks, Scott. :)

Shower answers:

Yes to the leg-shaving bar question.

Yes to the "Can Carol, who is 5 feet and half an inch tall, reach the shower head?" question.

It's a stretch, but I can take it down and use it all over my body. :D

Carol,

Lets keep things clean here. The fact that you can use the shower head all over your body :eek: with a :D is just a little too much information. LOL:p

Ira

I have just had two nice posts eaten by the *#&$*((R*&E*& RC computer. I can't stand it.

You will have to wait until later to hear about the Unexpected Boys and

about

THE QUEST.

We are headed to the Ice Show.

Oh, they DO have the beer in the cooler special. Tonight they even have half price draft beers.

We saw them on the Liberty in July and they were fabulous, at least I thought so since I was singing & rocking to the music. :D DS just rolled his eyes and told me to grow up... why should I???? :p

Does anyone know if there is a way to just read the op's thread without having to read all the other posts?

The best way is to click on Merion Mom's name at the top by her avatar. It will then give you the option to "find all posts by:" and you can read nothing but her posts.

DAY 4

We slept late and toured around the ship for a while. We saw the Solarium (and it's BIG, but completely exposed), the pool deck, and looked into the Windjammer. Yes, as others have reported, it's smaller than the WJ on other ships, when you might expect it to be larger.

But it's okay that it's smaller. There are SO MANY places to eat lunch on this ship, it's reasonable to expect that fewer people will eat in the WJ than on other ships.

As we were looking around the WJ, we saw Izumi, and made a reservation for 7.

Then we returned to the Solarium and ate in the Bistro. It was very good. I had a little assortment of things: hummus, olive tapenade, smoked turkey salad, and some other stuff. Mango flavored water in great quantity. Helpful RC people just kept coming around and bringing me more.

Seats were at a real premium in there - Lorna had to grab and GUARD our table, while I got our food, then she got hers.

She had a turkey wrap, olive tapenade and other stuff.

When I went back for dessert, I spotted a gazpacho "bar".

I ladled gazpacho base into my bowl, then added five or six things. YUM.

By the time we left, it was quieter and less crowded.

I heard that the solarium spa area has great food. That olive tapenade sounds yummy!

We chatted with the "driver". (yes, it's controlled by someone "on board" the bar)

We asked her how long she had been doing it, what was her training, etc.

She said, "I'm in Hairspray. This is the first time I'm driving the bar."

. :)

Very funny!!!!:p:D:o:o

Archived