Dining Room on Embarkation Day

Terre

We are going on the Sea Princess in a few weeks and we invited guests to join us for lunch. Am wondering what the menu was like when you were aboard the first day in the MDR for lunch?

It was very good. I can't remember all the specifics, but I recall a delicious soup, the beef dish was outstanding and orange souffle for dessert. A very nice way to start the cruise!

Does anyone know if the Ruby has been welcoming passengers in for lunch on embarkation day or do we have to "fight" our way into lunch?

We had no problem finding the open dining room on the spring TA on Ruby in both 2009 and 2010. Lunch was delicious and service was great.

Okay I have my patter now and on the Golden Princess August 14th we were welcomed for lunch in the Donatello dining room deck 6 from 1200-130pm.

Mike:)

We sat with Mike and friends that day at lunch, and I can attest to the fact that we had no problem being seated in the dining room for lunch. The service was fine. It was a nice, relaxing way to begin our cruise!

We sat with Mike and friends that day at lunch, and I can attest to the fact that we had no problem being seated in the dining room for lunch. The service was fine. It was a nice, relaxing way to begin our cruise!

And I recognized Sherry from her avatar.

I was a bit put off that she did not recognize me first.:eek:

Mike:D

Well, I do know there are plenty unused tables at lunch, but what I'd like to know is what is the attitude at the door. How hard it is to be seated for lunch by this ship's staff? I'll try either way, but wanted to know if they will be reluctant to seating non transit passengers.

We go every cruise and have not had an issue.

Well, I do know there are plenty unused tables at lunch, but what I'd like to know is what is the attitude at the door. How hard it is to be seated for lunch by this ship's staff? I'll try either way, but wanted to know if they will be reluctant to seating non transit passengers.

We had no problems in mid August on the Golden. We were met with smiles and welcomes, shown to a table and enjoyed a very nice lunch.:)

Just off the Emerald today. Last Sunday, as we boarded, we asked three crew members for directions to the dining room which was serving lunch. Not one of these white gloved greeters knew that the dining room was open for lunch and tried to direct us to the buffet on deck 15. We knew of the dining room from cruise critic, so we set off to find it on our own. The DiVinci room on deck 6 was open and we were welcomed in to have a most delightful lunch at 12:30. Just two entre's, beef tenderloin and salmon, and a tasty chocolate soufle for desert. Appetizers and salads were available. Probably only 15 to 20 people were in the restaurant while we were there. During the rest of the cruise we found out that hardly anyone else we talked to even knew the restaurant was open for lunch on embarkation day and if they had known they would have prefered it over the hassel of the buffet. Thank goodness for the information that we share on CC.

Archived