Linking of reservations and making reservations at specialty restaurants

bertrande

I wonder if anyone can help me out with this one. DH and I are booked on a Holy Land cruise in October onboard the Equinox and we booked our cruise with an online TA ("TA1"). Just this week, my mother decided that she would like to join us on the cruise and we got her booked with another online TA which was offering a fabulous deal (free upgrade from a Class 2D balcony room to a Class 2C balcony room and very generous OBC) ("TA2").

Due to the above arrangement, we need to do two things. First, we have to link our reservations together and request to be seated at the same table in the MDR and second, we would like to add my mother's name in our reservations in Murano and Tuscan Grille.

In respect of the former, TA2 has confirmed that she has made the link on her end and TA1 seems to have gone MIA as she has thus far failed to respond to our e-mails. Does anyone know whether, if we let it be and not pursue this any further, we can just approach the concierge or the front desk upon boarding to request to be seated at the same table upon boarding or must we sort this out prior to the cruise? Apart from bombarding TA1 with chaser e-mails, I'm not sure what else can be done. When I access both our reservations via Celebrity's website, no linkage is reflected as yet so I'm a little concerned.

In respect of the latter, we tried to modify our reservations online but it keeps getting stuck before the payment stage (not sure why - we managed to add my mom to our shore excursion booked through the ship via the same online portal). Would be grateful for advice on whether we should e-mail either/both our TAs (not sure if this is even within the scope of their responsibility) or just retain our reservations and try to add the additional person when we board.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. Many thanks in advance!

I would suggest you do this earlier than later. I had a friend who decided about two weeks before our cruise to join us. We could not link the reservations because at that point early seating was filled. When we were onboard we tried to get them seated with us at early dining but was not able. The four of us did any time. Not my favorite but you might like any time dining.

I would suggest you do this earlier than later. I had a friend who decided about two weeks before our cruise to join us. We could not link the reservations because at that point early seating was filled. When we were onboard we tried to get them seated with us at early dining but was not able. The four of us did any time. Not my favorite but you might like any time dining.

That's a shame. Our circumstances are a little different - we are both on second seating which is confirmed at this point in time. I hope we don't have to do anytime dining; we had specifically requested with both TAs to put us together in a large table with other cruisers because we enjoy meeting new people and hearing them relate their experiences of the day.:)

Call Celebrity Dining and ask them to help -- have both booking numbers. They can either help you or give you the number/name to call to help. Their number is 800-242-6374, Option 3.

Thank you so much! I just called the number and they confirmed that we'll be at the same table, yay! Regarding the specialty dining reservation, his advice was to just make separate reservations for her as a single person and then go to the restaurant when onboard to arrange for her to sit together with us. Alternatively, we can just go to the front desk when we've boarded to try to squeeze her into our reservation. I think we'll go for the latter option because the available timeslots keep changing each time I try booking (!) but the timeslot we've booked never seems to become available.

Alternatively, we can just go to the front desk when we've boarded to try to squeeze her into our reservation. I think we'll go for the latter option because the available timeslots keep changing each time I try booking (!) but the timeslot we've booked never seems to become available.

I suggest you go straight to the speicality restaurant rather than guest relations when you board. They are the people you want to make the change and guest relations is likely to be busy.

Sue

We have a large group of friends who all travel together, some using different TA's. What we did was give one TA all our booking numbers and he was able to link them together for our dining reservations. The first thing I did when I got on the ship was go see the matir'd and make sure everything was in order and it was. So I would definitely do this once you get onboard just to make sure. You know how you will sometimes get different answers depending on who you talk to in customer service. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Thank you so much! I just called the number and they confirmed that we'll be at the same table, yay! Regarding the specialty dining reservation, his advice was to just make separate reservations for her as a single person and then go to the restaurant when onboard to arrange for her to sit together with us. Alternatively, we can just go to the front desk when we've boarded to try to squeeze her into our reservation. I think we'll go for the latter option because the available timeslots keep changing each time I try booking (!) but the timeslot we've booked never seems to become available.

In September, I made reservations for four people in the specialty restaurant on line and they just asked me for the other two people's name and cabin number (I do not recall if they asked for the booking number). I paid for all four people. I am not sure why you could not do this unless your time period is already sold out.

The confirmation looked like this:

Day 3

20-Sep-2009

Murano

At Sea

Reservation TIme: 07:30 PM

Total Cost *: 120.00 USD

Payments for Guest(s) in Reservation Number: 4929004

GUEST NAME PRICE CREDIT CARD NUMBER

James Me 30.00 USD *******

Kathy DW 30.00 USD *******

Payments for Guest(s) in Reservation Number: 558144

Friend 1 30.00 USD *******

Friend 2 30.00 USD *******

We have a large group of friends who all travel together, some using different TA's. What we did was give one TA all our booking numbers and he was able to link them together for our dining reservations. The first thing I did when I got on the ship was go see the matir'd and make sure everything was in order and it was. So I would definitely do this once you get onboard just to make sure. You know how you will sometimes get different answers depending on who you talk to in customer service. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks Kathy, I think we will go to the maitre'd just to make sure. Like you say, it's better to be safe than sorry!

In September, I made reservations for four people in the specialty restaurant on line and they just asked me for the other two people's name and cabin number (I do not recall if they asked for the booking number). I paid for all four people. I am not sure why you could not do this unless your time period is already sold out.

The confirmation looked like this:

Day 3

20-Sep-2009

Murano

At Sea

Reservation TIme: 07:30 PM

Total Cost *: 120.00 USD

Payments for Guest(s) in Reservation Number: 4929004

James Me 30.00 USD *******

Kathy DW 30.00 USD *******

Payments for Guest(s) in Reservation Number: 558144

Friend 1 30.00 USD *******

Friend 2 30.00 USD *******

I think I can do that for fresh reservations - I just have a problem adding to my existing reservation. We've just decided to head to the restaurant when we board to sort this out. :)

Good luck, we are booked on the Eclipse, My family of 4 and my parents, 2 cabins, booked the same day, through the same TA, and paid for through 1 invoice, however we have been told we cannot link the reservations for dinner as parents cabin is booked through a special that out TA had with Celebrity and ours isnt.

We have spoken to various people at both TA and Celebrity UK and have bacically been told "Tough"

Not great advertising for either TA or -X-. Its now doubtful we will ever book with either again.

I hope you have more success.

Good luck, we are booked on the Eclipse, My family of 4 and my parents, 2 cabins, booked the same day, through the same TA, and paid for through 1 invoice, however we have been told we cannot link the reservations for dinner as parents cabin is booked through a special that out TA had with Celebrity and ours isnt.

We have spoken to various people at both TA and Celebrity UK and have bacically been told "Tough"

Not great advertising for either TA or -X-. Its now doubtful we will ever book with either again.

Really hard to believe. I do not blame you for being upset. Because you are in the U.K., you can't even cancel and rebook without losing your deposit. Shame on the TA for booking in such a way as you described and shame on Celebrity UK for not being able to find a way to work around the issue. Amazing. Good luck getting the issue resolved once you are on board. A high probability that it will be resolved, but the aggravation is not really necessary. Try not to let it spoil your anticipation and cruise. I can't even imagine that they will not be able to take care of you upon arrival especially given the circumstances.

I think I can do that for fresh reservations - I just have a problem adding to my existing reservation. We've just decided to head to the restaurant when we board to sort this out. :)

Good luck. If they have a reservation available at your desired time, it is really not difficult to cancel and rebook. I did this on the same cruise. But I am confident if you both have a reservation that they will be able to accommodate you. Have a great cruise.

Have you tried linking it yourself online? Apologies if you have, but I would always give it a try. We have never done this but I always see the link in My Celebrity online and the implication is that you can link any reservations.

Sue

Have you tried linking it yourself online? Apologies if you have, but I would always give it a try. We have never done this but I always see the link in My Celebrity online and the implication is that you can link any reservations.

Sue

Yes we have tried that thanks - it does not recognise my parents booking reference as only 2 people - it is a reference for a large party, seemingly the TA booked out a lot of cabins to get a reduced rate and they all come under that reference and there is nothing we can do about it.:mad:

I dont even think it was a particularly good rate that they got.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Yes we have tried that thanks - it does not recognise my parents booking reference as only 2 people - it is a reference for a large party, seemingly the TA booked out a lot of cabins to get a reduced rate and they all come under that reference and there is nothing we can do about it.:mad:

And you do not want to link the whole group to yours!!!! Sounds like your parents need a new TA. I do not think that I would want to be considered part of a large group.

I think that you should see the maitre d' of the MDR as soon as you board and explain the situation. I am sure that he will try to help.

Sue

A related question to anyone that knows. If not, I can call Celebrity on Tuesday since they may be closed on the holiday. Thought maybe someone knows. It has been a few years since we did a specialty retaurant on one of the ships. But we always made a reservation once boarded and the cost was charged to my Sea Pass account so I could utilize OBC.

When I attempted to make a reservation for a restaurant on line at Celebrity, they asked for my credit card info. Now, I already have my Sea Pass which includes my credit card info on file. If I complete my reservation on line, will Celebrity charge my card as of the date of reservation, not allowing me to use my OBC or does the charge apply only after I board and the dinner is completed, thus using OBC? I did not want to wait until I boarded as to ensure I get a reservation time and day that I prefer (for special birthday reasons). Thanks in advance for any responses.

A related question to anyone that knows. If not, I can call Celebrity on Tuesday since they may be closed on the holiday. Thought maybe someone knows. It has been a few years since we did a specialty retaurant on one of the ships. But we always made a reservation once boarded and the cost was charged to my Sea Pass account so I could utilize OBC.

When I attempted to make a reservation for a restaurant on line at Celebrity, they asked for my credit card info. Now, I already have my Sea Pass which includes my credit card info on file. If I complete my reservation on line, will Celebrity charge my card as of the date of reservation, not allowing me to use my OBC or does the charge apply only after I board and the dinner is completed, thus using OBC? I did not want to wait until I boarded as to ensure I get a reservation time and day that I prefer (for special birthday reasons). Thanks in advance for any responses.

To the best of my knowledge, if you book online, you will be charged at that time. If you are a Captain's Club member, you can make reservations by calling their dedicated line, and it might work differently.

Archived