Bijoux Terner, are they bargin watches sold through P&O ships or something else

livingstone

While on P&O last year i bought a Bijoux Terner watch for $20 AUD while on Pacific Dawn. well as it turns out these watches and accessories that are sold around the world as a cheap option are not such a bargin. It turns out that these products are marketed as ball products are only 10 dollars US through franchised outlets around the world. my watch I bought just on a year ago does not work now, it says on the back of the watch japan movt, but i have to say the insides look very chineese and cheap. over priced and poor quality. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

if you like you can see the website of where they come from, and no this is not a recomendation

http://www.bijouxterner.com/web/guest/20

While on P&O last year i bought a Bijoux Terner watch for $20 AUD while on Pacific Dawn. well as it turns out these watchea and accessories that are sold under the same name are not such a bargin. It turnsout that these products are marketed as being only 10 dollars US my watch I bought just on a year ago does not work now, it says on the back japan movt, but i have to say the insides look very chineese and cheap. over priced and poor quality. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
yes well there you go a bargin is not all ways a bargin.

On ships using US Dollars these items are only US$10.00 each.

You can also buy Bejoux Terner at most large airports. Sydney and L.A. have them....;)

I have to say though my husband bought a what he called a 'knock about' Bejoux Terner watch for A$15.00 on a ship and it's still going strong two years later...hasn't even had to change the battery yet. He wears it everyday around the house and in the garden. It keeps perfect time as well.

Jillybean:)

Reminds me of the "genuine" Rolex watches they sold down in the original Bugis St in Singapore 40 years ago. :p:D

Great bargain - usually bought through an :o alcoholic haze :o around 3.00 a.m.

Guaranteed to work at least until you got home later that night. ;)

Reminds me of the "genuine" Rolex watches they sold down in the original Bugis St in Singapore 40 years ago. :p:D

Great bargain - usually bought through an :o alcoholic haze :o around 3.00 a.m.

Guaranteed to work at least until you got home later that night. ;)

Oh yeah I bought a rolex for arount 20 SD about 22 years ago on orchard road. I think it worked for about a day....... but it proved useful as i used to throw it on the bed in the buget hotels when i went out years ago, when i was traveling through asia. i figured if the watch was gone or moved i would know that someone had been in my room that should'nt have. it served as a good early warning signal to warn me of people taking my stuff. in the end it was a good investment and good security device.

It's part of a local brand under Newslink, but that's part of another off-shore conglomerate group now. As said, they're also at the airports. I recall them opening there about 6? years ago.

Back when they started, $20 was a more comparable price to US10. Of course, with the rise of the AUD, their products now seem a little more highly priced than they were when it started here.

Oh yeah I bought a rolex for arount 20 SD about 22 years ago on orchard road. I think it worked for about a day....... but it proved useful as i used to throw it on the bed in the buget hotels when i went out years ago, when i was traveling through asia. i figured if the watch was gone or moved i would know that someone had been in my room that should'nt have. it served as a good early warning signal to warn me of people taking my stuff. in the end it was a good investment and good security device.

:)

I like you're thinking - a very innovative way to do a security check. ;)

Re purchase venues, Orchard Road has always been 100% "kosher" when compared to the old Bugis St. :p

Thieves Market near Arab Street was even worse - the old Singapore saying was that if you had anything stolen overnight you could always buy it back in Thieves Market the next morning. :D:D

:)

I like you're thinking - a very innovative way to do a security check. ;)

Re purchase venues, Orchard Road has always been 100% "kosher" when compared to the old Bugis St. :p

Thieves Market near Arab Street was even worse - the old Singapore saying was that if you had anything stolen overnight you could always buy it back in Thieves Market the next morning. :D:D

Hey Dennis, the thing is I bought the fake role watch off some guy in the street outside Lucky Plaza, so I don't know why I expected it to work. This was in the day before Singapore became a city where they locked up doggy street sellers . I also remember there was a watch shop on the bottom floor of Lucy Plaza called Fakey Watches. In yhis shop the guy actually sold genuine watches just an unfortunate name. He asked me why i was taking photos of his store and said a lot of Aussies would come past his shop , laugh and take photos of the Fakey watch sign and he had no idea why, I tried to explain but he still did not get it.

There used to be a restaurant on Penang Island called "Chew Fatt" and they also used to wonder why Australians stood outside snapping photos.

I bought a fake Rolex in Bali and it kept going for several years until the "fake" gold wore off and it looked horrible. If you know what you are buying, it is not a problem and anyone who buys a Rolex or other quality timepiece for $10-$15 and thinks it is "true" probably deserves to be caught.

I also remember there was a watch shop on the bottom floor of Lucy Plaza called Fakey Watches. In yhis shop the guy actually sold genuine watches just an unfortunate name. He asked me why i was taking photos of his store and said a lot of Aussies would come past his shop , laugh and take photos of the Fakey watch sign and he had no idea why, I tried to explain but he still did not get it.

:D

"Fakey Watches" - I like it Livingstone:). I also like Horries "Chew Fatt".

That rings a vauge bell for me - was it in or near Chulia St in Penang Horrie??

Certainly some strange uses of the English language around Asia. Heres a couple of signs just near Lucky Plaza in Orchard Road.

I am wondering what "smashed" fried chicken is - though I know what they are trying to say. ;)

smashedchicken.jpg

And just 2-3 shops further up was this one.

orchard2signofthetimes.jpg

Definitely a market for a bit of everything in the area.

A Post Office, 7-11, House of "thingmebobs", and not to forget our smashed chicken.

I wonder what order you should shop in ??? :p

Meanwhile ..... back to the topic.

Must tell you about the time my John called in on a small market stall when his ship stopped at one of the Middle Eastern ports.... salesman showed him the latest state of the art, picks up every radio station in the world, only 4 left radio which John manages to barter down from $50US to $10US:).......picking up his purchase he remarked that the box was quite light which the salesman replied quickly that's because there aren't any batteries in it would you like to buy some.... so John buys the batteries....

Back on board happy with his purchase and sailing into the sunset he puts the batteries in and nothing......in fact he would never be able to get sound out of this radio because it was only the shell of one no insides..:mad::mad:

it doesn't stop there he wasn't the only one to buy one 3 crew had also purchased the bargain...........:D:p:D cheers Shiona

Back on board happy with his purchase and sailing into the sunset he puts the batteries in and nothing......in fact he would never be able to get sound out of this radio because it was only the shell of one no insides..:mad:

it doesn't stop there he wasn't the only one to buy one 3 crew had also purchased the bargain...........:D cheers Shiona

Love it !!!! :):D

Just goes to show that you've got to be on your guard at all times. ;):p

Princess declares that any item purchased on board is guaranteed by them including the $10 watches, well $9 to me because of the Elite 10% discount. I have two of them purchased on Regal Princess in 2007 still ticking. Maybe Carnival Corp owns the watch factory.

oh yeah, there are some great travel purchase stories out there. When I was at the valley of the king in egypt some guy came up to me and asked if i would like to buy a piece of tomb. it was muddy and wrappped in a dirty cloth because it has just been dug up. he wiped some mud off and said look but you must be quick so no one sees. because if he gets cought selling antquites he will be arrested. sounded good he started at 50 us dollars, but i was soooo lucky i got it for just 5 us dollars, what a bargin. I kept it hidden and later showed my wife who promptly laughed and said yeah you can see the printing and that it wa glued on a piece of plaster of POP, I had'nt noticed that at the time i gave it a 3 second look. I still have it displayed in my house to remind me to think twice before buying genuine artifacts.

Killing myself laughing at the stories.....very funny everyone, love yours Shiona.

Caution on the "cocktail" rings on Princess they look lovely but the quality has really gone off....last one my friend bought has not even lasted a year..so I will be returning it for her.

Caution on the "cocktail" rings on Princess they look lovely but the quality has really gone off....last one my friend bought has not even lasted a year..so I will be returning it for her.

Sue i was really impressed by the cocktail ring designs so bought my first on the Diamond last November don't intend wearing it though.....having it copied in the real thing......poor John thought he was getting off lightly buying me the cheapy model.;).........:D:D cheers Shiona

Sue i was really impressed by the cocktail ring designs so bought my first on the Diamond last November don't intend wearing it though.....having it copied in the real thing......poor John thought he was getting off lightly buying me the cheapy model.;).........:D:D cheers Shiona

Wow Shiona what a great idea...why didn't I think of that...being more than a little fond of "bling" myself.

Well, talking about the stuff you buy on the ships..I have a collection of model ships I purchased in the ship's 'boutiques' why don't they just call it a shop? WELL, I must inform you none of the model ships, Regal Princess, Star Princess, Sun Princess, Pacific Princess, Crown Princess etc, have SUNK YET ! LOL.

And as I said my ship's $9 watch is still ticking away, better than the $10 Singapore Rolex anyway !

Archived