Coffee Maker

sunhoney64

Starbucks coffee packs around $1 each. There are other companys that have them too. Folgers come 6 for $1.50. There are many instant coffees out there. Just order hot water or go to the Lido deck for hot water.

Enjoy

I tried the Starbucks one day and Nescafe the following day (I got free samples). The Starbucks was much better and the Nescafe tasted like instant coffee.

BTW - I have no complaints with the coffee on the ship and I drink it black.

I love my French Press but I would not bring it on a cruise. Too messy. Can't flush the grounds down the toilet/sink and there are no liners in the trash cans-what a mess for the cabin steward to clean up. If you bring the french press I would bring some grocery store plastic bags to dump the grounds in. I would be worried that even a little bit of coffee grounds down the sink while rinsing the pot/plunger might cause problems with the plumbing system on a ship.

I love my French Press but I would not bring it on a cruise. Too messy. Can't flush the grounds down the toilet/sink and there are no liners in the trash cans-

I wipe the filter clean with a paper towel and put grounds in a plastic bag, I dump it when I go on shore and recycle the plastic bag :)

Seriously? My 2-3 coffee maker says 750 watts on in. My DW uses a 2000 watt hair blower.

Carnival wishes to limit electrical use for various reasons. IMHO they accomplish this

by limiting electrical outlets in the cabins and that is why they don't want extension cords.

I am not saying Carnival shouldn't limit elec, app's only that it's alarmist to say someone

"put all the rest of us at risk of a fire" by using a mini coffee maker.

Lets not be extreme!

Extreme would be having your cruise disrupted by a smoky electrical fire from someone's cabin into a hallway - I hope I never have to go through that. At the muster drill, the main caution they keep repeating is "Fire is the #1 danger" on board a ship. Maybe Carnival has cheap wiring, maybe they just don't want extra power loads, but the poster I replied to said he/she was bringing coffee pots, fans, blow dryers, maybe even a vacuum, there was a long list, and they didn't give a darn about anybody or any rule. I really hope I never have a cabin next to anyone who thinks like that, but I invite you to be their guest.

Sometime this fall, Starbucks is introducing flavored coffees in their VIA line. Not sure which flavors, but I recall mocha and vanilla were two that were announced. For those of you who like flavored coffee, but don't like the flavored creamer packs, this may be an option as well. When they will be available at Costco or other stores besides the Starbucks shops I don't know. Most likely the underlying coffee will be the Columbian roast that Via has now.

That sounds good! I love vanilla creamer in my coffee.

Extreme would be having your cruise disrupted by a smoky electrical fire from someone's cabin into a hallway - I hope I never have to go through that. At the muster drill, the main caution they keep repeating is "Fire is the #1 danger" on board a ship. Maybe Carnival has cheap wiring, maybe they just don't want extra power loads, but the poster I replied to said he/she was bringing coffee pots, fans, blow dryers, maybe even a vacuum, there was a long list, and they didn't give a darn about anybody or any rule. I really hope I never have a cabin next to anyone who thinks like that, but I invite you to be their guest.

Fair enough! I was only commenting on taking/using a mini coffee maker as per the thread topic. I wasn't suggesting that taking all

ones small home appliances on a cruise with you is a good idea.

It is just a matter of time until some Dumbie manages to cause a fire because they just Had to have homemade coffee from their worn out coffee maker! Folks as a retired Airline Pilot I can tell you fires in the air or at sea are dangerous and deadly. Some rules are Dumb, this one IS NOT!

A co worker of my mom's got her coffee pot (and other things) on the Dream.

I think the reoccurring theme in the "I've successfully gotten _________ on board the __________" category usually ends in Dream.

I want a USB coffee maker to go with my USB toaster :D:D:D:D

51Bi2x6S9GL._SS500_.jpg

Has anyone taken a little 4 cup coffee maker in their luggage lately? I know, I know but I have to have my own coffee :p Last cruise which was 2 years ago, I just packed it in my luggage and nothing was said.

I always pack one (mainly NCL cruises) and have never had it confiscated.

Both of you got me to raise my eye brows. But, it is your coffee maker and your luggage. You are the one that has to drag it around and you are the one that has to hope it doesn't get damaged. If that is okay with you, it is okay with me. I have no idea how Carnival will react.

I didn't realize you could not take little coffee pots on board. A couple days into the cruise, I had a knock at the door and security was there to pick up my coffee pot. They had it waiting for me when I left the ship. Now I order room service for coffee. It works for me.

I am an avid coffee drinker (at least in the morning!!) but I have never taken my own coffee pot!!!

If I am in a hotel that they have it, then I make it, if not, I just go out and get it.

On the ship you can order room service to be there at a certain time, and it is there!!!

I don't understand the need to bring your own?

I am an avid coffee drinker (at least in the morning!!) but I have never taken my own coffee pot!!!

If I am in a hotel that they have it, then I make it, if not, I just go out and get it.

On the ship you can order room service to be there at a certain time, and it is there!!!

I don't understand the need to bring your own?

I totally understand her wanting to have her morning coffee first thing upon waking up and without having to go out to get it. If I am staying at a hotel the first thing I make sure of is an in-room coffee maker. If it doesn't have one, I'm bringing my own. I have done this several times. I have a mini-4 cup that I wrap in a beach towel and pack in the suitcase. I wrap the pot separate in a towel or clothing. Some of the on property Disney hotels do not provide one and the last thing I'm doing first thing in the morning is walking down and waiting with herds of others to get my first cup.

I am a new cruiser too and the coffee issue was one of my first questions on CC. I obviously will not be bringing mine for the cruise but will be ordering 2 pots from room service each morning. There really is no need to get !!! with the OP, maybe she didn't know about room service, I sure didn't until I posted. I ended up with a great deal of information. For some folks, coffee really is the other food group. :D

There is a reason why the cruise ship cabins have only one outlet. Cruise lines are beginning to crack down on electrical power hogs... Energy costs lots of money, and its limited on a cruise ship. Cruise ships don't have the luxury to tap a power line...

There once was a day when men brought their electric razors and women curling irons. Now passengers are bring rechargeable batteries for cell phones, ipods, laptops, digital cameras, video camcorders, blackberries, portable dvd players, alarm clocks, hair dryers, toothbrushes, can openers, irons, coffee makers, etc., etc. There is only one outlet folks for these electrical gadgets...

A cruise ship isn't designed for that load... Circuit breakers flip, and overloaded switchboards do catch on fire... Do us all a favor, leave all of your electrical gadgets at home except for your rechargeable digital camera... One gadget only, please... A ship shouldn't be wired as a Christmas tree...

I had to show my grandson how to use a church key/bottle opener and how to use a manual can opener... He didn't have a clue, being dependent upon electricity...

There once was a day when men brought their electric razors and women curling irons. Now passengers are bring rechargeable batteries for cell phones, ipods, laptops, digital cameras, video camcorders, blackberries, portable dvd players, alarm clocks, hair dryers, toothbrushes, can openers, irons, coffee makers, etc., etc. There is only one outlet folks for these electrical gadgets...

Which is why I am bringing my portable electric generator on my next cruise.

This brings back memories of a post about two years ago from someone who wanted to take a microwave onboard to heat items as well as his coffee! lol And he WAS serioius!

There is already a microwave in the cabins. Here is a picture of the one in my last cabin ...

IMG_0689.jpg

Archived