Captains Club - Cruise Credits

charlielinda

OK boys and girls, here's the answer to the original question icon_smile.gif

I emailed Captain's Club and just got the response. Both letters copied here.

My letter to Captain's Club:

Please clarify the way you count sailing credits. The web site says:

Double sailing credit on itineraries of 12 nights or more (maximum of three sailing credits per sailing)

Double sailing credit for booking a Concierge Class stateroom or Suite (maximum of three sailing credits per sailing)

For instance, if someone sailed a 7 night cruise in a ConciergeClass or suite would they be counted as 3 sailing credits? From the above quote, I understand that 3 sailing credits are the maximum one could receive, and assume that 2 sailing credits would be given for the CC or suite and 1 sailing credit would be given for the 7 night cruise.

The quote:

"Double sailing credit for booking a Concierge Class stateroom or Suite (maximum of three sailing credits per sailing)" makes no sense if it only applies to 12 day or longer cruises since one could only utilize 1 credit anyway!

There is a discussion going on at the Cruise Critic internet forum about this and we need to know the true facts!

Thank you for your help in this matter.

(my name removed)

Captain's Club response:

Re: Sailing Credits

Dear Mrs. XXXX,

Thank you for your e-mail.

When a Captain Club member books in the Concierge class the member will now receive two credits toward their membership. The most credits that a member can receive towards their membership on one sailing is three credits.

For example if you are sailing on a twelve night or longer cruise you would normally receive two credits for that sailing, but you would only receive one additional credit for booking a Concierge Class or if you are sailing on a seven night sailing and are booked in the Concierge Class you would have one credit for the sailing and two credits for the Concierge Class. If you are sailing a twelve night sailing in Concierge Class, you will receive three cruise credits (not four), because the maximum credits for each sailing is three.

We would like to take this opportunity to remind you that with our newly enhanced Captain’s Club, you are no longer required to show your membership card on or off the ship. In order to receive discounts or access to exclusive events, you simply need to ensure your membership number is noted in your reservation.

If you have additional questions, please let us know.

Mrs. XXXX, discover a complete cruise experience with a taste of luxury on every Celebrity cruise.

Sincerely,

Sandy Mathews

Celebrity Cruises Captain’s Club

--------------------------------------

Captain's Club stated it pretty clearly, so if you haven't received the number of credits due to you call and get your record up to date. icon_biggrin.gif

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

From your response received from Celebrity, it appears the perk is only for CC cabins and not suites. A 7 day CC cruise would reward you with 3 credits(1 for the cruise and 2 for CC class) but, a 7 day suite would give you 2 credits (1 for the cruise and 1 for the suite). Am I reading that correctly?

Till Constellation Southern Caribbean 11/27/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;11;27;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MSUSigmaK:

From your response received from Celebrity, it appears the perk is only for CC cabins and not suites. A 7 day CC cruise would reward you with 3 credits(1 for the cruise and 2 for CC class) but, a 7 day suite would give you 2 credits (1 for the cruise and 1 for the suite). Am I reading that correctly?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think the Captain's Club reply was using Consierge Class as an example - it starts off with "For example". The info from the web site clearly says:

"Double sailing credit for booking a Concierge Class stateroom or Suite (maximum of three sailing credits per sailing)"

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

Speedwell / Phil, I received details of the new credits for cc members in an e-mail update I think back in January. And no, deposits are not refundable whether you book with a TA or direct with RCCL - just like all package holidays booked in the UK.

Has anyone actually benefited from Captain's Club credits. They claimed to have upgraded me to a better ocean view on 9th Deck. Only problem was it was 100% obstructed by life boat. They have ignored my E-mails. Captain's Club was a big let down. I'm not likely to sail Celebrity again based on their "We've got your money now, so buzz off" attitude.

babsfromatl,

How correct you are, as I said in my last posting once they have your money they could not care less. You will have to cruise with P & O they at least care for their passengers.

When I checked my points they kept saying you must put your CC members number into your booking with your TA but it has been there all the time? right from the day the cruise was booked.

Meyer

We were told on Summit that an 11 day does NOT count for 2. This starts at 12 and above. Better check it out. We were on 11 days and I'd like to know who you spoke to to get your credits. I'll call them and see what happened to ours.

Thanks for any help.

Dolphin - 1990

Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995

Century - 1997, 2000, 2001

Galaxy - 1998

Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002

Millennium - 2003

Summit 2004

Summit 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Countdown to Summit 2005

Someone asked quite a bit earlier about if a cruise tour would count that is 12 or more days. Last summer we went on a 7 day cruise and 5 day land tour and we got 2 credits for this trip, so yes it would count.

Seaward 11/97, Monarck of the Sea 11/98, Sea Princess 11/99, Century 12/00, Norway 2/02, Galaxy 7/02, Constellation 12/02, Summit 8/03, Norwegian Dawn 12/03, Voyager of the Seas 7/2/04.

How do we find out how many cruise points we have? Do we have to e-mail Celebrity's Captain Club?

Our last cruise on Celebrity we were in a minisuite "01" category. Is that considered CC? And would that be 3 cruise points?

We hope to do another cruise soon and I would like to get this straightened out before we go.

Thanks for your help.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;03;19;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

3/19/04 Galaxy

CoasterBill

Wow, 5 day cruise and you got 2 credits.

I'll have to check my other cruises and see if I can get credit for them.

We were told to get two sailings credit for the Summit (4/5-4/16) you had to be Conciege Class.

Dany,

Thats a very good question how we find out how many credits we have. My last cruise we stayed in a suite & had a butler & I don't think it counted as two sailings. Think I will call the Captains Club & ask and make sure I get the credits I am due.

Not sure but I think a suite is different from conciege class which is relatively new.

If you find anything out, let me know.

Thanks

i sent an email to Captain's Club to enquire if i had received 2 credits for my recent SUMMIT 4/5-4/16 cruise where i was in a CC cabin. within hours, i received a reply email confirming same, along w/a history of my past sailings and credits. they were very prompt in their reply.

If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable. -Seneca-

This subject is very confusing. I’m a visual kind of person so I tried to paint a picture.

<table border=6 cellpadding=5 cellspacing=1 style="font-size: 70%;"><CAPTION><font size=4>Captain’s Club / C & A Credits</font></CAPTION><CAPTION><font size=4></font></CAPTION><TR><TH>Cruise Length</TH><TH>Cruise Credit</TH><TH>Cabin Class Bonus</TH><TH>Total Credits</TH></TR><tr> <Align=center><td> <12 in std cabin </td><td> 1 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 1 </td><td><tr><ALIGN=center><td> < 12 in eligible cabin </td><td> 1 </td><td> 1 </td><td> 2 </td><td><tr><ALIGN=center><td> 12 + in std cabin </td><td> 2 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 2 </td><td><tr><ALIGN=center><td> 12 + in eligible cabin </td><td> 2 </td><td> 1 </td><td> 3 </td><tr></table>

On the Celebrity site, they say:

Double sailing credit on itineraries of 12 nights or more (maximum of three sailing credits per sailing)

Double sailing credit for booking a Concierge Class stateroom or Suite (maximum of three sailing credits per sailing)

RCL is stated better. They say:

Receive an extra cruise credit when you purchase and sail in a suite (categories RS, OS, FS, GS, JS) for sailings beginning on or after January 1, 2004

Receive two cruise credits for a 12-night cruise/cruisetour or longer on or after January 1, 2003

The way I interpret it, an 11-night or less would not get 2 points (double credit) ADDED to the base credit. The only way to get 3 credits is to be on a 12+ and in an eligible cabin.

I hope this helps. It did make it clearer to me.

talk about one of the most confusing subjects. A friend got an email from the Captains Club stating she received two credits for staying in a concierge class stateroom for the 11 nite cruise.

Hey, I'm Captains Club & I didn't get an email from them. They must be selective who they write to.

Everyone seems to have a different opinion on this subject, all I know is I got 2 credits for the 11 nite on the Summit staying concierge class.

Thanks for the picture, I agree, a picture is worth a thousand words.

I think I will call Celebrity & make sure.

Galaxy '97

Horizon '02

Summit '04

meyer4two,

Actually, what you got matches how I interpret the whole mess. You got one cruise credit and one cabin class bonus for 2 credits. Now if the e-mail said she got two "extra" credits, I give up. I don't even want to speculate on why some people get e-mails out of the blue and others can't get e-mails answered.

You got that right on why some people get emails and others don't.

On the 11 day cruise I just got off, we couldn't get our 3rd formal pictures on the ship & were told to view them on the web. Well, since I couldn't find where to go, I wrote Celebrity & to this day, have NEVER heard from them.

Think I'll just accept the fact I got 2 cruise credits & won't lose any sleep over it.

Galaxy '97

Horizon '02

Summit '04

I noticed you went on the Voyager of the Seas.

Did you like it or was it too big.

I had thought about this ship for early next yr.

Any comments you have on this ship would be appreciated.

Thanks

Galaxy '97

Horizon '02

Summit '04

OK. Just when I thought I really understood all this, a friend sent me an excerpt from an e-mail Celebrity sent her when she asked. They said:

"if you are sailing on a seven night sailing and are booked in the Concierge Class you would have one credit for the sailing and two credits for the Concierge Class."

On the RCL site, it is crystal clear that you would get one extra credit based on the suite. The Celebrity site isn't that clear. I am skeptical that Celebrity would be giving more credit, but the e-mail sounds prety definite.

Now, I guess this is what it looks like:

<table border=6 cellpadding=5 cellspacing=1 style="font-size: 70%;"><CAPTION><font size=4> Captain’s Club / C & A Credits</font></CAPTION><CAPTION><font size=4></font></CAPTION><TR><TH>Cruise Length</TH><TH>Cruise Credit</TH><TH>Cabin Class Bonus</TH><TH>Total Credits</TH></TR><tr> <Align=center><td>< 12 in std cabin </td><td> 1 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 1 </td><td><tr><ALIGN=center><td>< 12 in eligible cabin RCL </td><td> 1 </td><td> 1 </td><td> 2 </td><td><tr><ALIGN=center><td>< 12 in eligible cabin Cel </td><td> 1 </td><td> 2 (CC e-mail) </td><td> 3 </td><td><tr><ALIGN=center><td>> 12 in std cabin </td><td> 2 </td><td> 0 </td><td> 2 </td><td><tr><ALIGN=center><td>> 12 in eligible cabin RCL </td><td> 2 </td><td> 1 </td><td> 3 </td><td><tr><ALIGN=center><td>> 12 in eligible cabin Cel </td><td> 2 </td><td> 2 ??? </td><td> 3 (max) </td><tr></table>

If neither this or my original aren't right, I give up!

if you are sailing on a seven night sailing and are booked in the Concierge Class you would have one credit for the sailing and two credits for the Concierge Class."

Are you sure about this. That sounds like (3) credits. I totally give up.Next cruise I am going to make sure I only get 1 credit, then I won't be so confused, lol

Now I'll be awake all nite trying to figure this out.

Like you, I GIVE UP!!

Galaxy '97

Horizon '02

Summit '04

Archived