Captains Club - Cruise Credits

charlielinda

On the board awhile ago I saw someone mentioned that an 11 day cruise counted as 2 cruises? Is this true? What about a 10 day cruise. Also someone mentioned that suites were counted as double. Does anyone know for sure?

Voyager of the Sea -- September 2001

Galaxy -- May 2002

Zuiderdam -- September 2003

CAN'T WAIT -- SUMMIT -- APRIL 5, 2004

10 & 11 days don't count as 2.

Dolphin - 1990

Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995

Century - 1997, 2000, 2001

Galaxy - 1998

Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002

Millennium - 2003

Summit 2004

Summit 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Countdown to Summit 2005

Was on a back to back on the Infinity for 4 weeks in a CC cabin and got 3 credits for each 2 week cruise. Two for each 14 day cruise plus 1 for booking the CC cabin. If you take a 12 day or more cruise you will get 2 credits. Hope this helps with your question.

Sea Princess 1/01

Princess Alaska 8/96

Emerald Seas 12/83

Crown Princess 3/02

Coral Princess 12/02CANCELLED

Celebrity Summit 12/09/02

Celebrity Infinity 5/03

Pacific Princess Alaska 8/14/03

Infinity South America 2/29/o4 & 3/14/04

There are two separate "extra" credits. Effective 1/1/2003, you get one extra credit for a cruise of 12 nights or more. Effective 1/1/2004, you get one extra credit for booking CC or above. As mentioned above, you can earn a total of 3 credits for a 12 or 14-night cruise in a suite or CC cabin.

Here it is from the "horses mouth" copied and pasted from the Celebrity Captain's Club page:

"·

Double sailing credit on itineraries of 12 nights or more (maximum of three sailing credits per sailing)

·

Double sailing credit for booking a Concierge Class stateroom or Suite (maximum of three sailing credits per sailing)"

So, if you book a cruise for 12 days or longer in a CC cabin or suite you will get 3 credits. Unfortunately, they won't give you 4! icon_wink.gif

Or if you book a 7 day cruise in a CC or higher you will still get 3 sailing credits.

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

"Or if you book a 7 day cruise in a CC or higher you will still get 3 sailing credits".

I don't follow. Isn't this two credits, one for the cruise and one for CC? Where do you come up with three credits?

Vera Cruz - 6/68

Ecstasy - 10/93

Sensation - 5/94

Tropicale - 11/94

Soverign of the Seas - 5/96

Summit - 9/03

Zenith - 2/04

Constellation - 5/04

Summit - 10/04

Zenith - 1/05

Infinity - 5/05

You're right MB, 2 credits.

Dolphin - 1990

Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995

Century - 1997, 2000, 2001

Galaxy - 1998

Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002

Millennium - 2003

Summit 2004

Summit 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Countdown to Summit 2005

By "Captain's Club credit" we are talking about how Celebrity calculates the number of cruises you have completed for purposes of determining the Captain's Club level you qualify for. Prior to 1/1/2003, one cruise equalled one credit.

Effective 1/1/2003, it became possible to get credit for taking two cruises if you completed a cruise of 12 nights or more. Effective 1/1/2004, you get credit for one additional cruise by booking a CC or higher cabin.

It applies to Captain's Club members everywhere. It could be you just didn't notice the change. The first item was announced in the November 2003 newsletter (and was retroactive to 1/1/2003) and the second was announced just a couple months ago.

MBMiner posted 04-19-04 07:59 PM

Three Credits?

"Or if you book a 7 day cruise in a CC or higher you will still get 3 sailing credits".

I don't follow. Isn't this two credits, one for the cruise and one for CC? Where do you come up with three credits?

----------------------------------------

Let's look at the quote from Celebrity one more time. icon_wink.gif

"Double sailing credit for booking a Concierge Class stateroom or Suite (maximum of three sailing credits per sailing)"

You get double (2)sailing credit for booking a CC or Suite. This gives you 2 sailing credits for the cabin. And if it's only for 7 days you will get

one (1) credit for the sailing. 2 + 1 = 3.

Whatever the combination, they only allow 3 credits per sailing, not doubling the double cruise credit. Is this clear as mud now?! icon_biggrin.gif

Char

Thanks for this topic. We were in CC class on our Summit 10 day in January. I sent the Captain's Club an email yesterday evening. This morning I had an email back apologizing for not catching this themselves, and giving us two credits each for the cruise. icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cruiseyguy:

Who at Celebrity keeps track of Captain's Club credits and how can we check our personal credit balance?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Captain's Club desk keeps track of your cruise credits. Every time we cruise I email them a month or so later to get in writing how many they have in their records. The email address is CaptainsClub@Celebrity.com

My thinking is that now that the CC is free, they will have to give some extra incentives for those of us who have reached the Elite level. And the incentive for the average cruiser to attain the higher CC status is by giving extra credits for the longer cruises and the higher category cabins.

Our Alaska cruise for next year (6/9/05) on the Infinity does not have any category 1 cabins--they will ALL ( former cat 1A,1B and 1C) be category CC by then, with the category 2's being the next level down. That's quite a change!! icon_eek.gif

Char

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by speedwell:

What are Captain's Club credits?

I don't think UK Captain's Club memmbers are included in this benefit. Perhaps I will try to find out why?

Speedwell<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check it out and complain if you aren't afforded the same CC benefits the other members receive. We just got off a 2 week cruise last week and one of the couples at our table were Brits. We were talking about this topic, so they asked the Future Cruise person about the extra credit for their suite and were told they would only get 2 credits for the cruise.

Char

RWB

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised I missed the details of this change and I would be interested to know if any of the CC UK members know about it.

I have just contacted the CC in the UK and it confirms what you have said, but seems very hazy on when it started.

Speedwell

Speedwell

I too found out about this only by reading these boards.

Just to clarify, you would not get three sailing credits for a seven night cruise in a CC or Suite, only two (ie double).

Phil

Mercury Western Caribbean November 2002

Galaxy Eastern Caribbean November 2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600<BR

Until Galaxy Panama Canal Out Of Galveston

13th November 2004

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Phil

I'm almost positive that the "new" credit system was not publicised in the UK. I have the Jan 2004 newsletter and there is no mention of it there.

Another possible difference betweeb US and UK bookings. Reading these Boards it seems that booking deposits are fully refundable in the US, but they are not in the UK.

Can US cruisers confirm what conditions apply to booking deposits?

Speedwell

Speedwell,

Deposits are refundable up until the same time final payments are due. This varies by length of cruise, but 70 is typical for all cruises 6 nights or longer. After final payment is made, the deposit will not be refunded, but some of the balance may be, depending on how close to the cruise you get.

Here is a link to the Celebrity web site FAQs on payments.

http://celebrity.com/prepare/faq/answer.asp?s=84219E27C2&sid=73&fid=433

The web site does not mention anything about this policy being only for US citizens. Is it possible that is a standard travel agent policy in the UK? Have you confirmed that is true for bookings made directly with Celebrity?

Hope this helps.

Bob

Very interesting to read some of the comments re American and UK residents. It also applies to upgrades, if we try in the UK to PURCHASE an upgrade the price is really high. Yet when I went on the American Web site of Celebrity an upgrade from inside to outside was just 162 dollars (£93) in the UK the reservations asked me to pay 978 dollars, (£562). This is not fair we over here always seem to get the worst deal.

Perhaps Celebrity do not like to see the Brits cruising. I have sent an E Mail to Customer Services but as usual no reply, or they have waited till the ship is full!!

So my 12 days cruise in November2003 (in Concierge Class which was not relevant until 2004)gave me 2points and my 14 day cruise in May of this year(not Concierge Class)gives me 2points. A total of 4 points.Is this correct? Please help because I am just a simple man and I'm developing a migraine.

Bob 278

Very interesting, but makes things even more confusing.

The UK web site does not have a site index and also avoids mentioning deposits (refundable or not). However, if more information is required on "Reservations" it transfers to the US web site and the information you have provided can be accessed.

I contacted Celebrity Reservations in the UK and was told that deposits are NEVER refundable to UK cruisers and reservations are made as per the brochure.

As regards other differences between US and UK deals, I think it is swings and roundabouts- sometimes our deals are better and sometimes not.

Speedwell

Char, that's not what the Captain's Club desk says. They interpreted "double credit" to mean "double the credit for the cruise itself". In other words, double a 7-day cruise is 2 credits, not 3. Double a 14-day cruise is 4, but there is a maximum credit of 3.

This board prompted my to contact Celebrity Captain's Club, via the 800 number on their website. I just wanted to make sure that I had the credits that I had earned. Low and behold, they were 3 credits short! Apparently, they had the wrong date of birth on some of my cruises. So the moral of the story is, double check you credits before you sail.

Archived