Can you walk from the International Pier in Cozumel to Discover Mexico Park?

maweberpa

Does anyone know if you can walk from the International Pier in Cozumel to the Discover Mexico Park? On the map it looks to be only about 1/2 a mile, but it could be roads that's aren't really designed for pedestrian traffic. Just wondering if anyone has walked from the ship to the park.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if you can walk from the International Pier in Cozumel to the Discover Mexico Park? On the map it looks to be only about 1/2 a mile, but it could be roads that's aren't really designed for pedestrian traffic. Just wondering if anyone has walked from the ship to the park.

Thanks!

Im not sure where the park is but we made the brilliant decision to walk back to International Pier from the downtown shopping area on my first cruise and I DO NOT recommend this. :eek:

Being in a wheelchair didnt make it any easier either. LOL! I was about dead by the time I got back to the ship.

Hey, what can I say? we were "newbies" looking to save a few dollars on a taxi :rolleyes:

Im not sure where the park is but we made the brilliant decision to walk back to International Pier from the downtown shopping area on my first cruise and I DO NOT recommend this. :eek:

Being in a wheelchair didnt make it any easier either. LOL! I was about dead by the time I got back to the ship.

Hey, what can I say? we were "newbies" looking to save a few dollars on a taxi :rolleyes:

We did that once too.........seemed to take forever..........It was soooooooo hot(and that was in Dec)

I have to agree with everyone. I love to walk and try to as much as possible when we are at a port of call as I miss my exercise routine when I am on the ships. I am also in very shape but the trip from town to the pier is not something I would do on foot. That road is NOT pedestrian friendly.

Thanks for the responses. It's not the money, I just don't do well in cars with old suspensions and crazy drivers. We took a taxi from Playa to Tulum and it about killed me. I guess I just need to learn how to say, "slow down or I'm going to be sick" in Spanish. LOL

Thanks again!

Thanks for the responses. It's not the money, I just don't do well in cars with old suspensions and crazy drivers. We took a taxi from Playa to Tulum and it about killed me. I guess I just need to learn how to say, "slow down or I'm going to be sick" in Spanish. LOL

Thanks again!

Getting sick in the car is probably a better option than ending up dead walking the road!:D

I agree that the walk to Discover Mexico would not be very safe due to lack of sidewalks. Take a taxi. ;)

However, there is a great sidewalk from the International pier into town. We go to Cozumel every year and usually stay at the Park Royal which is right at the International pier. We've walked to town in the evenings several times. We enjoy the walk after dinner and to mingle with the wonderful locals that are there in the evenings. Such wonderful folks..... but, it's a pretty good walk. I would not recommend it during the heat of the day. The traffic is not a factor unless you walk in the middle of the street. :eek:

Good to know the walk into town is doable if we get inspired. To be honest, dh wasn't too keen on going to Discover Mexico, so he'll be happy to hear it's not walkable. He seems pretty contect to stay onboard for most of this cruise, which is fine with me since we spent 10 days in Playa last year. He agreed to check out Labadee, but other than that I think he wants to enjoy the ship. Oasis certainly has plenty to do, so I can't really complain and we got a hump JS so our room/balcony should be nice as well.

The walk to town from the I pier is plenty safe. However it is one long hot walk and NOT worth the hike. (Unless you stop for Dos XX's on the way and some fish taco's at the small bars).

You will find Cozumel somewhat different that Playa. We love Cozumel and no longer recognize Playa. Wow, has it grown. Have a great time, but use the taxi's as others have said.

NOT worth the hike.

Especially not in June in the middle of the day like I tried to do in a manual wheelchair :eek:

I honestly dont know what I was thinking........Obviously I wasnt thinking. I thought I was gonna die before i got back to the ship LOL!

Archived