LIVE from the Sapphire - 33 days from Seattle to Sydney

Pia1913

Disembarkation was easy today. Waited in Savoy assigned waiting room for Platinum/Elites and were summoned about 10!5am to leave. Off the ship by 10:25am and it was not a zoo at all. Since we went through immigration in Vancouver, everyone just walked through the big warehouse-like building and then to whatever transport they were taking.:)

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Blue"]Enjoy your day in San Francisco. Must be busy with 4 cruise ships in port.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]22-Sep-10 10:00 22-Sep-10 17:00 San Francisco, California, United States Of America
9445 passengers
4 Ships [B]Sapphire Princess, Norwegian Pearl, Radiance Of The Seas, Millennium [/B][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll281/kiwikruzer/cam%20shots%203/23sf2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll281/kiwikruzer/cam%20shots%203/23sf1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll281/kiwikruzer/cam%20shots%203/23sf3.jpg[/IMG]

We're baaaaaaaack. Off the ship for a little more than four hours; getting back on a breeze. Weather is nice and sunny, but oh, so windy. Walked down to Fisherman's Wharf and did all the touristy looking, but no buying. Had a small loaf of bread at Boudin's for lunch with our large coffees. Not very interesting, but filling.

Lots of people down in the warehouse/port area waiting to embark. Ship still feels emptyish, so perhaps the masses are still outside. Radiance is blowing their horn so I guess they're leaving shortly.

Nothing new to add. Wifi in cabin very slow, so using cafe now. Later.

Hi Aussie Gal,

You are right about the Tim Tams. Too many to choose from! Shame they add Vegetable Oil. I won't eat them due to the oil, but still enjoy a piece of good quality dark chocolate each and every day!

Jennie, I knew your face was familiar, but it has taken a while to place you. We met you on Oceania - I think it was Nautica - Hong Kong to Athens, back a few years ago, on the inaugural cruise. We were rival trivia players, with the fabulous Cruise Director, Leslie Jon. We were the only two teams who correctly knew what Qantas stood for, and the name of the largest sand island in the world.

DH and I travelled with my Mum, Jackie on that particular cruise. As usual, it was wonderful.

Hope to meet you again soon.

Nicki (Another Aussie Gal!)

K-roo-zers, (Nicki)

That was a wonderful cruise, our best so far. We did have so much fun playing trivia in the lounge each afternoon. Leslie Jon was such a hoot! I still keep in touch with a lot of C.C. members from that cruise.

I too love dark chocolate and that is why I love the Chocolate Teddy Bears so much, lots of lovely chocolate! Of course, there are other great chocolate biscuits such as mint slices and chocolate butternut snaps. We are spoilt down here.

Jennie

[quote name='Pia1913']We're baaaaaaaack. Off the ship for a little more than four hours; getting back on a breeze. Weather is nice and sunny, but oh, so windy. Walked down to Fisherman's Wharf and did all the touristy looking, but no buying. Had a small loaf of bread at Boudin's for lunch with our large coffees. Not very interesting, but filling.

Lots of people down in the warehouse/port area waiting to embark. Ship still feels emptyish, so perhaps the masses are still outside. Radiance is blowing their horn so I guess they're leaving shortly.

Nothing new to add. Wifi in cabin very slow, so using cafe now. Later.[/quote]

Have an IC coffee for me. ;)

Hi again. I have some remaining minutes which expire at midnight, so might as well utilize them. Then we get our new allotment for the next thirty days which of course is not nearly enough. I will then have to post judiciously. The signal in my cabin improved a bit, but compared to the Ruby it’s really awful. I may have to take my netbook down to the café instead of being able to hang out in my room.

Sailaway was at 5:10; skies bright and clear. There were hundreds of seagulls flying around the ship, picking up and dropping their fish. Very interesting sight. I understand there were 4 ships in port today, but all I saw was the Radiance and a Celebrity ship. Don’t know which one. We passed Alcatraz and the view from our balcony (Starboard side) was amazing. This is the first time we’ve ever sailed from San Francisco; arrived, yes, but never left. It is now 5;45 and we are passing under the Golden Gate Bridge. Ooops……….Mike’s camera battery just died; very inauspicious moment. Oh well………

Time to start thinking about where to have dinner. I’d like to skip it altogether, but there are two of us after all.

Keith, no IC on this ship. Not quite the same with just a bar on 5.

[quote name='Pia1913']Hi again. I have some remaining minutes which expire at midnight, so might as well utilize them. Then we get our new allotment for the next thirty days which of course is not nearly enough. I will then have to post judiciously. The signal in my cabin improved a bit, but compared to the Ruby it’s really awful. I may have to take my netbook down to the café instead of being able to hang out in my room.

Sailaway was at 5:10; skies bright and clear. There were hundreds of seagulls flying around the ship, picking up and dropping their fish. Very interesting sight. I understand there were 4 ships in port today, but all I saw was the Radiance and a Celebrity ship. Don’t know which one. We passed Alcatraz and the view from our balcony (Starboard side) was amazing. This is the first time we’ve ever sailed from San Francisco; arrived, yes, but never left. It is now 5;45 and we are passing under the Golden Gate Bridge. Ooops……….Mike’s camera battery just died; very inauspicious moment. Oh well………

Time to start thinking about where to have dinner. I’d like to skip it altogether, but there are two of us after all.

Keith, no IC on this ship. Not quite the same with just a bar on 5.[/QUOTE]

Thanks [COLOR="Red"][B]Pia[/B][/COLOR].

We are enjoying your posts. We are on the return Syd to LA. Looking forward to meeting you. A question if we may: As there is no IC, where is the best place to get cappuccino? And are the famous Yogurt Parfaits available anywhere? La Patisserie, perhaps?

Am contemplating purchasing an IPAD in hopes that connecting to the Internet will be easy!!

We look forward to your posts and value all your information. Safe travels and good luck at trivia.

Midge and Michael

[quote name='Colo Cruiser'][IMG]http://webcam.princess.com/webcam/sapphire_bridge.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

I'm guessing what you want to show is the bridgecam for that day. But when you copy and paste, you get the current one. If I want to show a specific bridgecam, I save that image to my computer and then post that image. So if it's the bridgecam for the 22nd, the image doesn't change.

[quote=Cruisin' Chick;26193756]I'm guessing what you want to show is the bridgecam for that day. But when you copy and paste, you get the current one. If I want to show a specific bridgecam, I save that image to my computer and then post that image. So if it's the bridgecam for the 22nd, the image doesn't change.[/quote]

Thanks,
Actually when I post it I like to see it change so I never save it.
That way everyone can see where the ship is at currently.
Just me I guess. ;)

Hey, Pia, glad I caught your post as you're beginning your fantastic trip! Is this one you've done before? We did the first Sapphire cruise from LA to Sydney a few years ago. It was one of our absolute favorites. Hope you have a wonderful time.

[quote name='mmwc']Thanks [COLOR=red][B]Pia[/B][/COLOR].
Am contemplating purchasing an IPAD in hopes that connecting to the Internet will be easy!!
Midge and Michael[/quote]

Midge and Michael,

The iPad has been working really well, it is handy when my DW is on the MacBook Pro, I can be on the iPad checking my work email, (still have to work, even though on holiday:() so it is great.

We are right at the stern and have noticed the WiFi is much better here than the rest of the ship, don't know why though.

Pia, maybe you could try posting while enjoying a nice drink at the Outrigger bar:D

Happy cruising
Chris

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][I]Hello again; down to the last 8 minutes. Now in Explorer's waiting for trivia. Signal great here. Go figure.[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][I]No parfaits that I have seen and cappuccino is available at the bar on deck 5. Keith, just cruise with us and you know I'll make you coffee. Starbucks, OK?[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][I]Chris, I know signal is better aft. Maybe I'll just come to your suite. Then again, maybe I can use your unlimited minutes. :D[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][I]HKM: No. Never cruised this route before. However, we have spent many weeks in both NZ and Australia. New for us will be Samoa, Pago Pago and Fiji.[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Pia1913'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][I]Hello again; down to the last 8 minutes. Now in Explorer's waiting for trivia. Signal great here. Go figure.[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][I]No parfaits that I have seen and cappuccino is available at the bar on deck 5. Keith, just cruise with us and you know I'll make you coffee. Starbucks, OK?[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][I]Chris, I know signal is better aft. Maybe I'll just come to your suite. Then again, maybe I can use your unlimited minutes. :D[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][I]HKM: No. Never cruised this route before. However, we have spent many weeks in both NZ and Australia. New for us will be Samoa, Pago Pago and Fiji.[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

Yes thats perfect! Have a great night. :)

Pia sorryI didn't have have chance to wish you Bon Voyage but busy with work.

Glad you had a typical day in S F and were visited by The Birds. It wouldn't be the bay area if they didn't leave any presents behind. Love cruising out under the Golden gate on a clear day.

Have a great time crossing the Pacific and winning at Trivia.

Looking forward to your Live log

CHEERS

Archived