Reserving an isolated table for 2 in anytime dining

chrisxmoa

:rolleyes:I was wondering how difficult it would be to reserve a particular table for 2 ( a more isolated location ) in the anytime dining room. i've heard from numerous people that the table for 2s are soo close to the other tables that you might as well have a table for 6.

i've heard that there are very few tables that are isolated from the rest of the tables.

also should i call in and request these types of tables ? will i have to wait, even with a reservation ? i will be flexible in regards to the time. i'm willing to have dinner at 8 30.

:rolleyes:I was wondering how difficult it would be to reserve a particular table for 2 ( a more isolated location ) in the anytime dining room. i've heard from numerous people that the table for 2s are soo close to the other tables that you might as well have a table for 6.

i've heard that there are very few tables that are isolated from the rest of the tables.

also should i call in and request these types of tables ? will i have to wait, even with a reservation ? i will be flexible in regards to the time. i'm willing to have dinner at 8 30.

I think with dinner at 8:30 you won't have much of a problem.

What ship?

I think with dinner at 8:30 you won't have much of a problem.

What ship?

i will be on the Ruby Princess. well when i say a more isolated table, i guess i just dont wanna be sitting right next to another stranger. im really weird about that.

i will be on the Ruby Princess. well when i say a more isolated table, i guess i just dont wanna be sitting right next to another stranger. im really weird about that.

You are right...many table for two are along with wall with the back being a bench and very close to your neighbors... however, there are "isolated" ones...

We were on the Ruby last March and wanted the same thing... we ate early (5:30-6:00PM) so there was no problem... I would think the same might apply to your time also..

See if the Head Waiter named Godwin is still aboard. He reserved the same table for us every evening... I think he was in the DaVinci at the time but may move between there and Michaelangelo.

His help was worth a nice tip at the end of the week.

You are right...many table for two are along with wall with the back being a bench and very close to your neighbors... however, there ate "isolated" ones...

We were on the Ruby last March and wanted the same thing... we ate early (6:00PM) so there was no problem... I would think the same would apply to your time also..

See if the Head Waiter named Godwin is still aboard. He reserved the same table for us every evening... I think he was in the DaVinci at the time but may move between there and Michaelangelo.

His help was worth a nice tip at the end of the week.

even with this particular arrangement, did you have to wait long ?

If nisolated is more than 3 feet away you are probably out of luck, depending on what ship. You could always reserve a table for 8 in a corner and just two of you show up. I wouldn't advise that though.

While I know you are joking, I think they have pre-panned for that by asking for all cabin numbers of those who will be at the table.

While I know you are joking, I think they have pre-panned for that by asking for all cabin numbers of those who will be at the table.

Yeh, I know, I was joking. There are some tabled for four in the corners that, if you ask, they may let you use for two. We, however, enjoy meeting other people so we ask for a table for 6 or 8 to sgare.

On the Emerald this spring, we were always able to get an "isolated" table for two -- there are multiple of them located throughout the dining room. We just asked for a TforT that was not bench seating when we reserved. It was not a problem as we also ate early.

Going really early or late seems to be the key. I know at breakfast and lunch that we have had tables for two that were right next to others. The only advantage was that we did not have to wait for other people to finish courses that we did not order. But we could hear their conversations and vice versa.

We chose to eat at tables for two during our cruise and while we were "next" to people (really sharing the same 4 top) they put up a divider that's fairly high so if you actually want to see/listen to your neighbors you really have to go out of your way. Of course that's assuming your neighbors aren't loudmouths!

I never found it uncomfortable. Everybody seemed to be on the same wavelength to just ignore each other. We did have lunch once next to an extremely fit young couple who ordered two or three of every single course. We felt private enough to exchange horrified looks free from fear of being seen.

Once we were late and they put us side by side at a table for 10. That was really bizarre.

I've always had success asking for a table for two that is not bench seating. The 2-tops that have benches along the walls are usually less than a foot away from the next table (sometimes about 6 inches), those that are two chairs are usually more isolated. This separation is exactly what my wife and I want when we're eating our meals in the MDR.

When you board your ship, check your patter. It will tell you where and when the matre'd will be taking requests. We have found that if approach in a friendly and calm manner, and mabye a little something as a thank you, your wish will be granted for the cruise. This has always work well for us.

We had a wonderful table for two right by the window and next to the waiters station ~~very isolated ~~ we had been 'assigned' that table by the Maitre D the very first night and kept it for the entire cruise of 14 days ! It was GREAT and we had wonderful service. We'll be back in a couple weeks and we'll try to get the same table again. We were on the Golden.

It was our first Princess cruise and I can't remember the name of the dining room, but it was anytime dining but it was requested we get there early ~~ 5:45 if I remember ~~ but we are early eaters at home so no big deal ! Because it was so early, we never had to wait, just walked right in and right to our table !

When you board your ship, check your patter. It will tell you where and when the matre'd will be taking requests. We have found that if approach in a friendly and calm manner, and mabye a little something as a thank you, your wish will be granted for the cruise. This has always work well for us.

When did you hand him the little something? and for how much? Do we need to have it in envelop so to be discreet?

Or have no intention of meeting...

Well said!

We have no intention to meet strangers at dinner time - much rather to enjoy the dinner between the 2 of us instead of meaningless chitchat or dodging nosy poking. Every time we had table mates we found ourselves always eat less than we normally would because the time was wasted in making courtesy small talks.

Judging by the hot demand of Table for Two on every cruise we sailed the past 3 years (7 or 8), I think we are not in minority.

We did have lunch once next to an extremely fit young couple who ordered two or three of every single course. We felt private enough to exchange horrified looks free from fear of being seen.

What is so horrified about? :confused:

I always order more than one item of one course on every meal - usually they are the appetizer items, but occasionally they are the main course items. The waiter always ask how do I like them presented. There are nights when several choices are desired so I would order them - and often finish them all!

I always order more than one item of one course on every meal - usually they are the appetizer items, but occasionally they are the main course items. The waiter always ask how do I like them presented. There are nights when several choices are desired so I would order them - and often finish them all!

Especially since they are fit to begin with!!

Especially since they are fit to begin with!!

EXACTLY!

It is not like they are weighing 250lbs and still eat like that. :rolleyes:

I just consider myself lucky that I can eat a lot and still maintain a 112 to 115lb weight with a 5'6" height but I never would have thought that having multiple items of one course would attract "horrified look"! I guess that adds one more reasons to insist on getting a Table for Two! :o

Archived