Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

I popped into L&T yesterday for my Clinique and it was surprising to see the resort collections coming out already. The colors for spring are not EARTH-friendly at all. I wonder what the FIRE ladies think?

https://www.pantone.com/fashion-color-report-spring-2017

I don't do polka dots either. I just can't. I don't wear striped blouses either. It's like I don't even see them in the stores. I appreciate them on other people, but they're like donuts... I realize they exist in the world, they just don't have a presence in my life at all. :)

Wow, Margaret, I just got impressed with myself, even though I have to say it myself. Once Anita got me involved with some sort of skit about improving myself, exercising myself while reading my self-improvement magazine... or something like that.

ANYWAY. I did a quick scan of the Pantone colors and immediately thought that the yellow and light green were possibilities for us FIRE ladies, but that the orange and aqua are a bit "off." So I read the descriptions and, sure enough, the orange is a red-based orange and the aqua is a blue-based aqua rather than the yellow-based colors that we need. SO! Yes! I'm improving my color discerning abilities.

Of course, we'll need to see these IRL. I think there's going to be some nice greens for both of us though? How about the Kale for you EARTH ladies for the resort season?

I was thinking that Kale might work for Anita, being a light Autumn. I have to be careful of greens with even a hint of gray. I notice that Niagara is said to be a blue in the denim family, so that might work for me. Will have to see how it manifests. Since that neutral Hazelnut looks so happy next to the clear pink, I don't see how that would be good for any of us EARTH ladies.

I agree with Pam also. Primrose and Greenery definitely look like FIRE colors to me. Depending upon the IRL color, Island Paradise might work for this Light Spring but I think it is probably a Light Summer shade. I think I may be getting better at this also!

I read somewhere that the 2017 Color of the Year (or whatever they call it--Season, maybe?) will be Greenery. If that is correct, FIRE ladies this might be a really good year for us to purchase our green items.

We had 2.5 inches of rain over the weekend with Saturday's high temperature of 72 and Sunday morning's low of 13. Yes, that's correct Ladies, a 59 temperature drop in less than 24 hours. It was definitely a roller coaster ride, but I'm extremely grateful the precipitation was rain and not snow!!! Laurie's and Melody's pictures would have western Kentucky paralyzed for weeks!!! Roadway flash freezing was headline news here even though it didn't materialize as much as expected. LOL

If I don't check back in until next week, Merry Christmas Everybody!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone had a happy holiday--whatever your holiday!

I'm at work today trying to tie up end-of-the-year loose ends. DD and grands are off work/out of school this week so I'll be working some and playing some as they are available and NEED me to play with them.

I'll be off the boards for a week or so. DH and I leave on Friday, fly to FLL and leave Monday from MIA on our Eclipse cruise with Kim and DH.

I haven't finalized my spreadsheet and I'm not in a panic. That's two major miracles!

I'm recycling some outfits, but may try to take a few pictures and post. They'll look much the same as last year--just a little tighter.

PAM! I posted on another thread and had to edit it THREE times! Is that Type 3 enough!?! or are my punctuation and ALL CAPS Type 1? I've been reading and watching videos when I can and now think I'm a "51% Type 3/49% Type 1". How's that for decisive!?!!!!!

Happy New Year Everybody!!!

Edited by aoknkentucky
I forgot to skip a space and MUST remedy my error!

Happy travels Debbie!

Like you, I dithered between type 1 and type 3 for a long time. I'm definitely a type 1 but the 3 is strong in me. :)

I've been going back and forth about DH. He's got so much 3, but with him being self-employed now, I get to see him during the day more often. Without having an office to go to, he is definitely exhibiting a lot of 4. It's so interesting to me because in the areas where our 3 aligns, we seem so much alike. But then he'll do things that make me go huh??? His facial features aren't a 3 at all, so it makes more sense that he's a 4 with a lot of secondary 3.

Has anyone else attempted to analyze their spouse or SO?

Edited by MJC
guess

Margaret, when I read through the e-book, I knew my personality type was a 4. It made complete sense to me. However, I feel like I need to be sure about my secondary first before I go on to figuring out others.

My husband is quiet, but he can be very vocal when he doesn't like something. So he's quiet, polite, calm, reasonable...then when something isn't quite right...boom! But it's not a temper tantrum type thing. He says what he wants to say, then mumbles under his breath, lol.

Right off, I know I need to fully understand the other three personality types better before I try and figure it out!

I posted over in the earth thread, but if anyone is looking for a nice tankini, Athleta seems to have some great fire choices, in both the clearance and the regular priced area. There is an aqua and an orange (new coral) that is great. There is a color that is called new bloom that I was hoping would be an earth color, but when I zoomed in, it appears to be air. No earth colors. :mad::(

I like to take a few suits with me on a cruise, and I'm debating another one since I do have a few. I might go with the fire colors, since I can get away with those sometimes.

I hope everyone has a great New Year! I'm planning my outfits for my February cruise. Then I can focus on my weekend getaway to Boston in June. (one day is devoted to Red Sox attire, for sure!)

Bon voyage Debbie and Kim!

Just suggested today that Debbie and I take a together photo every day to share for our FIRE pictodiary. Hopefully, we will actually do it:D

Hoping for smooth seas and sunny skies!

Welcome home! Looking forward to some pictures!

I had a "Tuttle moment" this week. I finally had to toss my worn out knee high boots, and I've been keeping my eye out for a replacement pair (kind of difficult this time of year since the winter clothes are so picked over). But, I thought about the Tuttle videos and how, when I was trying to decide was I a 3 or a 1, the 3 was wearing jeans tucked into boots. I thought, I just never do that. Ever. So, when was I wearing my boots? Just with two skirts. Two. Not with dresses, or pants. Not with other skirts.

So, why do I need boots? I don't! Those two skirts look just as cute with tights and shoeties. Or bare legs and sandals.

I have a beautiful pair of cowboy boots from Arizona. Haven't worn them in at least 10 years (I think it was two-stepping at Denim & Diamonds). I think eBay is calling to them....

As Debbie said, we're back. We had a good time, the Eclipse is a beautiful ship. Thank God we missed the chaos at the FLL airport on our return. The airport was still quite busy! Our shared excursions were a lot of fun with Debbie and DH.

In Cayman we did a stingray excursion on a catamaran. Some of the Eclipse crew members were on the cat and had a wedding ceremony. It was fun to witness. So glad Debbie and DH got into the water and had fun with the stingrays. They even had their own masks and snorkels this time!

Cozumel, we all rented a car and drove around the island, snorkeling, eating, and showing off the lesser visited areas on the island. We have been to Cozumel many times on land vacations to dive and love it there. It was fun to show some of that to Debbie and DH.

Costa Maya, we had an excursion planned to visit the Dzbanche ruins. Debbie wasn't feeling well so the 3 of us went and she stayed back and hung out on their balcony to rest up. The ruins were very nice and not at all crowded.

My hopes were to take daily photos of day wear and evening wear for Debbie and me but, it didn't quite work out. I forgot sometimes and also had some camera issues on the trip. these are not my best photos :(

I will post a few of the FIRE sisters photos on here and also provide a link to the trip photos.

We already have another cruise planned for February 2018 with Debbie and DH to the A,B,C islands. We have been to A and C but, not B. Looking forward to diving on Bonaire. Any one been there?

Full trip photo link:

https://goo.gl/photos/rouKeMAUkLFyJ4X8A

Edited by Joby

We're on 14-night Eclipse to A,B,C islands in Nov 17. Been to A & C several times I'll let you know. Melody

I think your pictures are great--love both of your colors

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by awhfy

I love these pictures! It looks like you had a great time.

Your outfits were all wonderful. I'm very partial to red, but I am also partial to orange as well, seeing that I am from Syracuse. (Go, Orange!) I'm loving the dress from the first formal night. Is it a long dress or a short dress?

I love wearing dresses each night. There is something about the elegance of the dining room that I just really like to dress nicer for. It doesn't have to be formal attire every night, but I love wearing dresses and feeling like I put a little extra effort in.

In all of my cruises, and I believe I'm about to embark on number ten, my favorite excursion by far was swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman. I was scared at first for so many different reasons, but we left the island feeling totally in awe of the experience. As a matter of fact, my husband and daughters felt the same.

This had made me very excited about my upcoming cruise!!!

Thank you for sharing your photos Kim! Seeing the two of you and your happy DHs is great fun...and I must admit I was also intrigued by the ship photos.

Eclipse is an S-class ship right? I haven't been on one of those. I'm completely taken aback by the pool deck shot. What in the world are those tent like things on the deck? Very fun to have the ship still be decked out for Christmas.

In your dining room group photo...is that a dress made for you from your African fabric? The blue with the border on the hem? Is that from the medallions on the brown fabric? I'm so sorry that I never responded to that text...we were in Vero Beach at the time and after we returned home, I honestly didn't remember about it...and then when I did finally see it again, it seemed way too late to respond... Anyway, I think that is such a smart use of the medallion! (if it is that) The dress looks very nice and seems to fit you well. I like the fit and flare style on you!

LOVE the maxi skirt outfit. I have a similar skirt (totally different colors but the same kind of print) and I love it so much. Nice idea for the scarf Debbie! I like those knots...

I adore Debbie and DH's photo with their backs to the camera and the hats!

I just don't even know what to say about the kissy face with the sting ray! LOL!!

I think I recognize that scarf on formal night Debbie! That's the magic scarf isn't it?

Looks like ya'll had a lovely cruise. Still like the idea of a group cruise...just not sure when I could participate in one.