Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Laurie, I feel for you with the driving in ice and snow. I'm fortunate- I live in town and my drive to work is only 12 blocks. However, my small town has a small minded maintenance crew. They have peas for brains! (And the council members aren't much better). They sit on their butts and leave the ice and snow pile up. Yeah, they run the plows up and down the streets (- and I do mean literaly run at break neck speeds!) every so often, then go get their coffee and doughnuts and sit the rest of the day! It's like watching the "Keystone Cops" One truck will plow a street, then another comes along and plows the same exact path - which doesn't need it and ignores streets/alleys that do. One pass through is all they do most times. Heres a great example: Today was a beautiful sunny warmer day. The snow is melting, water running everywhere, and they could have been out plowing/shoveling the fire hydrants out, removing built up snow along the streets, clearing paths through the ice at intersections, etc....but... nope, no trucks were seen anywhere today, except at the station...The employees get paid to sit and do nothing, so they sit and do nothing! It never was this way until about 10 or so years ago. No one wants to take responsibility for their job. GGGRRRRRRRR....

Anyway I was starting to say before my lane swerve...I drive through ice and snow, however not on the highway like you have to or travel as far, and I really can feel your white knuckle trama! My DH has decided to drive me to work lately in his truck because it has better traction and sometimes we still can't get up the icy streets. Cars/trucks are every which way. Then we have those who can't park, so they park out in the middle of the street making it a challanging one lane highway! OK lane swerve,rant over.:eek:

Be safe Laurie, more snow in our forcast tonight and now that we have water everywhere you can bet there will be plenty of ice under that white stuff.:D

Thanks for the reply..I lurk on the earth board also....you gals have so much fun over there! It's been rather quiet here lately.

This year doesn't seem to be a good year for us fire gals at all, most colors are so- not bright. I see lots of wonderful earth colors. Maybe the spring line will bring out a few more choices. I have so much coral and red right now, it's unreal and I'm tiring of it. I would love some blues and greens and yellows!:cool:

There isn't much to choose from in my small town, so I have to travel 50 miles to Pittsburgh or Altoona/Johnstown area to shop for anything decent which means, I don't get to shop in real stores very often. I do a lot on the "net".

I would love to have a program where I could virtually try on all the clothes and then choose what I like instead of the hit and miss with the shipping, try on, ship back hassle. That would be so neat, real life colors, great lighting, all our imperfect bodies in a virtual dressing room!:cool:

Snuggles, you live in Colorado Springs too! Our snow removal here (& we get a considerable amount) is think spring...

I just bought a couple of Royal blue & turquoise tops for our cruise (in 17 days! High five!) in Kohls & Dillard's - really good prices too. Melody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just wanted to say "hi" and I haven't crapped out ;) I've just been busy and lazy.

It sounds like so many of you have upcoming cruises planned! I'm envious. I love to read about all of your shopping experiences and see your photos. I haven't really been doing much shopping lately. Don't really need anything and haven't seen that much that I can't do without.

I have gotten a couple of new nail polishes--Sally Hansen's- "Blizzard Blue" and Ulta's--"One in a Chameleon". Both on clearance as I think they are older colors. I like them though.

awhfy, glad you are joining in with the conversations. It's always fun to get new perspectives.

Think we might be able to plan another meet 'n greet this summer? It would be so fun!

Just wanted to say "hi" and I haven't crapped out ;) I've just been busy and lazy.

It sounds like so many of you have upcoming cruises planned! I'm envious. I love to read about all of your shopping experiences and see your photos. I haven't really been doing much shopping lately. Don't really need anything and haven't seen that much that I can't do without.

I have gotten a couple of new nail polishes--Sally Hansen's- "Blizzard Blue" and Ulta's--"One in a Chameleon". Both on clearance as I think they are older colors. I like them though.

awhfy, glad you are joining in with the conversations. It's always fun to get new perspectives.

Think we might be able to plan another meet 'n greet this summer? It would be so fun!

Kim, so glad you are still around! It has been a little crazy with me also!

How have you been?

I'm in for the meet 'n greet if it's after May 20 and depends on location. ( That's baring any unforseen difficulties right now!):D

It was in the low 50s today! Some, but not a lot of snow is disappearing in time for another round! Really looking forward to SPRING!

Edited by snuggles

• 2 weeks later...

I've got to post these shoes that I'm taking TOMORROW (if we can get out of Denver!)ImageUploadedByForums1424664177.415381.jpg.ea16a5341211bdd9f3c8460771cd9797.jpg. I got them at Kohls & they're Sketcher stretch weaves & super comfortable

Edited by awhfy

I thought we could maybe chat about the Oscars if anyone watched them. I looked on CJW's site and confirmed their season colors. What do you guys think about some of them? Did you see others that really stood out to you?

Reese is a FIRE I think. She looks so washed out in this ICE.

a304c03867751132c898ad85804441e2b82141ac.jpg

Jennifer Lopez--is an EARTH I think. She looks really lovely in this

10176886f1ac7b43cf3c175c075c9543010f0934.jpg

Oprah is an EARTH I think. This peachy color looks great on her.

46124869317c0549eacca27ac5f0364f69f9a647.jpg

Nicole Kidman is a FIRE. I'm on the border with this. I don't think this is a good color, it makes her look washed out. Could it be an ivory though? What do you guys think?

b9de29d81e0fd917ac0bf1c5700448b22a7a07fd.jpg

Jessica Chastain is a FIRE. I don't like this navy on her, wouldn't a brighter blue be pretty though?

57ad6884cfc034f0814c0b3627bc95a8d5ca1243.jpg

Kelly Osbourne is an AIR. Black does her no favors

01dce33e49e9934f79171f7d94caca67056e20dc.jpg

I agree, I thought Robin's look was beautiful. I also thought Anna Kendrick chose well, her skin looked so incredible. I did not think Nicole Kidman looked good at all, I didn't like her hair or her dress. Do you think it's too lemony and that's why it doesn't work? I thought Jennifer Hudson looked stunning in both her gowns. Whoever does her hair and makeup is wonderful. Jennifer Aniston was also wearing a good color for her.

I miss CJW's post-awards roundups on his website, don't you?

Margaret,

I miss CJW's posts and thoughts too!

I did like several of the dresses but, not the color on that particular person. So many times, the dresses are lovely and the color is awful on the wearer. It makes me wonder--why if these people have so much money and access to designers and stylists that they don't seem to see what the wrong color does to the whole scenario???? The black and or white dresses are the ones that really stand out to me. Can't so many of these people see what black does to them?

I really thought JLo's dress was perfect for her. The color blended so well and the dress looked like Cinderella.

Nicole Kidman's dress--you might be right, maybe it was that off-lemony color. There was something just not right with whatever the color was. I think she many times has great taste and colors but, not this night :(

It's funny too--I read one reviewer that said Lady Gaga'a dress was the "best of the night" and another reviewer thought it was the "worst of the night". I would vote for worst. I thought the color was not good on her and the design reminded me of something from Star Wars.

Just my thoughts :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi girls,

I found this purse at Goodwill for $2.80 and thought it was cute.I thin it will go with so many FIRE tops and will travel well too.

I am having browser problems--I hope this photo comes through :)

It has been too quiet, what have you all been up to?

C:\Users\Kim\Desktop\new purse\P1040760.JPG

Well shoot, I was afraid it wouldn't link. For some reason my favorite browser will not load or load reall!!! slowly.

I will have to see if I can do something with I.E. I tried it yesterday and it will not copy any of my photos onto Cruise Critic.

Stay tuned, I'll keep trying :)

I was so excited when I saw the purse. The funny thing was--I was standing in the check out line when I saw it hanging on a nearby rack. I looked through it and decided it was new and less than $3. Right up my alley :)

I brought it home and threw it in the washer and dryer and it was good to go.

Isn't the dress from Marie, dreamy? I've never had anything like it!

I posted this over on the EARTH thread too---

A little off topic here but, I wanted to ask if any of you have sailed on Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas ship?

We're thinking of a cruise next winter and got a good price on this ship and like the itinerary a lot.

I've been on Celebrity 6 times, 1 HAL and 1 Carnival.

I loved the food on all of the Celebrity cruises, thought HAL was very good and Carnival was good but, not to the level of the other 2 lines. The Celebrity cruises just priced out too much for us this time, even in an inside cabin My DH has only been on 1 cruise and it was our last one on HAL.

Any thoughts?

I posted this over on the EARTH thread too---

A little off topic here but, I wanted to ask if any of you have sailed on Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas ship?

We're thinking of a cruise next winter and got a good price on this ship and like the itinerary a lot.

I've been on Celebrity 6 times, 1 HAL and 1 Carnival.

I loved the food on all of the Celebrity cruises, thought HAL was very good and Carnival was good but, not to the level of the other 2 lines. The Celebrity cruises just priced out too much for us this time, even in an inside cabin My DH has only been on 1 cruise and it was our last one on HAL.

Any thoughts?

Kim, what are you most interested in concerning Serenade OTS? We have been on the ship once, to Alaska. We have a reservation on her for next February, as well.

Personally, I love the Radiance Class of ships from RCCL. They are absolutely beautiful, with many public spaces that embrace the sea. IMO, you feel like you're on the most wonderful, beautiful yacht-type ship as opposed to the ships where you have a central promenade and feel like more of a floating city. I'm not "knocking" those floating cities as I've been on my share of them and think that they have massive opportunities for entertainment and just pure fun… but for the sheer joy of sailing, you have arrived when you step foot on a Radiance Class ship… again, IMO.

You mentioned food so I can tell you that I've never had a "bad" meal on Royal Caribbean. Some have been more appealing than others… obviously. Our last sailing was on the Oasis of the Seas and I've never had better soup! That was somewhat amazing to me. I saw the toque hat on a chef in the buffet and made a bee line for him so that I could compliment him concerning the soup. He was funny; he said he could "feel me coming cause my energy was about 6 feet in front of me and he didn't know WHAT he was going to hear when I arrived!" But, he waited patiently for me and I just raved about the soup; there were at least two varieties each day and fabulous! But, that was the Oasis… so I don't know if the soup would be fleet wide… or not.

Anyway, let me know what questions you might have that I could, hopefully, help with. I wouldn't hesitate to book on the Serenade. What itinerary are you considering?

In other news… I've been so busy. So. Very. Busy.

But, I've kept up with the postings and I've been amazed at some of the conversation. I've cleaned my closet! LOL. Actually, it feels pretty darn AH-mazing. So….

it's just a little over two weeks until we sail with Anita and family! Caribbean Bound. I have to re-confirm and re-verify our plans and make sure nothing has slipped through cracks. So this is a short post.

Hi Pam,

When are you going in Feb.? We're thinking about Feb. 5th sailing.

I've read that it gets good reviews on CC too. Good to know you like it. We really wanted to go on Celebrity this time but, the price was out of our range :(

I love to hear you talk about the feeling of real sailing, that sounds so relaxing and lovely. I do want the food to be really good. But, on the other hand I don't cook it, I don't serve it and I don't have to clean it up. I always loved the chilled fruit soups on Celebrity!

I want to hear and SEE all about your upcoming trips with Anita. No problems now, right---you have a new camera, you have at least 3 in your party so you will have a photographer and you have places to go;)

I don't know if Anita will be camera shy, but she might be wanting to show off her compression socks, so you just never know! There are 5 of us sailing on the Celebrity Summit: us, Anita, Anita DH, Anita DS. We are going to have so much FUN!

We are booked to sail February 25 to Mar 7; it's embarkation port is Ft Lauderdale and we will sail to Tortola, St Kitts, Martinique, Antigua, and St Maarten.

You expressed my feelings about food exactly. I think that most cruises I've taken I have enjoyed what I would call good food… probably not great food unless I've been in a Specialty Restaurant or I've sailed Celebrity and dined in the Blu Restaurant as part of an AquaClass booking. With my new food limitations, I don't really know what to expect from either Celebrity or Royal Caribbean. But, heck… I'm going to find out!

I get to go to the doctor this Wednesday and find out what my next step is going to be to determine what food allergy I may have. Has anyone gone through any of this? I've been on what is called an "elimination" diet or a "challenge" diet. Basically, it means that the only food that I've eaten in the last 3 weeks has been lean protein, vegetables (not in the nightshade family so no potatoes or tomatoes or peppers of any kind), and low-sugar fruit (like berries). That's basically been IT. I can give a long list of the foods that I couldn't eat, but why bother? Basically, I've been on a meat and vegetable diet that has actually got me feeling pretty darn good. Now, the goal is to introduce potential food for allergy triggers and see how I respond. I told Anita that the only things I really, really want back into my diet are… EGGS… PEPPERS (please, please let me have some peppers)… and some form of acid (like lime juice or vinegar) so that I can have a decent salad dressing. If I can get these foods back into my diet before we sail, I think I'll do OK on the ship. Then, we can continue the experiment when I return home. We'll see….

Hope you get some answers from your testing, Pam.

We looked at that cruise too but, I really love Dominca and think DH would too. It's a beautiful island. I really don't know much about Martinique.

Thanks for the comments on the Serenade, I think we're going to take the plunge :)