Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Kim, I saw your post on the EARTH thread. I'm hoping that you and Anita will soon be sharing pix of your project together....

Hi Margaret,

It's on my to-do list--I just haven't to-done it yet ;)

Linda, hope Mom is well & continues to improve. You'll be up & back to normal immediately after cataract surgery. I was less than 2 hours (total) & was driving the day afterwards going, oh my goodness I can see! Don't forget sunglasses.

OMG Kim those are amazing! Those prints are to die for. Did you already have the shirts? If so, you chose fabrics that go with them amazingly well. Also, that length looks really, really good on you. What a treat! Thank you for sharing!

Edited by MJC

OMG Kim those are amazing! Those prints are to die for. Did you already have the shirts? If so, you chose fabrics that go with them amazingly well. Also, that length looks really, really good on you. What a treat! Thank you for sharing!

Hi Margaret, Thanks for the compliments. I had all of the tops and I did take a while in the little shop to find what I thought were good FIRE fabrics with interesting patterns.

Anita did a fab job, didn't she!

So very pretty, Kim! Great work, Anita.

Thanks Barbara :)

The skirts are two different version of McCall's pattern M5430. The blue/brown/gold fabric is Skirt A with the cascade of fabric. The blue/pink/green/white/yellow (almost Hawaiian look) fabric is Skirt B without the lace edging. Skirt B is slightly shorter than Skirt A. I did adjust the length of the pattern for both.

http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/m5430-products-7826.php?page_id=113

I like the skirt with purple because...well...I really really like purple. I like the way the brown/blue skirt drapes. It makes me think of how the native ladies' outfits might have draped if they wore that same material.

Good job, Anita. You make me want to dust off my machine.

Hi, Ladies.

I've been really busy, but not active. Actually I've been sitting in front of my computer for way, way, way too many hours… researching everything from nutrition to travel. Yes! Armchair travel!

I do have some exciting plans on the horizon. In September, we are cruising though the Panama Canal, going east from San Francisco to Ft Lauderdale. Anyone here been through? This is more for my DH, but there are a couple of cruising friends on this itinerary that will be so much fun that I'm really looking forward.

As we all know… traveling international takes a lot of planning… everything from activity to wardrobe. So, here's a spoiler alert… the early part of next year we're going back to Italy to celebrate a milestone marker birthday for me and, also, our anniversary. So, lots and lots of planning.

So, here's the reason for the Giggles Headline! I've been trying to locate a laundromat in Rome (for obvious reasons) and I've been having to let Mr. Google translate quite a bit of the website information for me. I wonder if Mr. Google is as lousy with translation as he is with European directions?!?

Read this, from a description of laundromat services:

At our activities take place works and services such as: washing curtains; self-service laundries; cleaning of leather garments; spotting clothes; Ironing and dry cleaning; change zipper pants; washing fabrics and clothing; hem pants; cleaning heads of reindeer; tailoring repairs; moth treatments.

What?!? Cleaning Heads of Reindeer? Now… that's funny!

I don't care who you are, that's funny right there! I've been using Google Translate to translate a Master Gardeners Course into Korean for a friend. Needless to say, I have no idea if it is correct or not. I've learned a few interesting tidbits about plants though. I never knew there were so many different ways to kill them. Guess that's why DH is the gardener for us. I can and have killed cactus, for heaven's sake.

Sounds like a grand trip, Pam. I've been planning a trip for my boss to Honolulu. He and his wife went several years ago. I have never been. It's fun to plan though. I keep telling myself that I may go someday myself.

Edited by aoknkentucky

Hi girls,

Our thread has been kinda slow, don't you think? I got a maxi and decided to post it. I've been looking for one for a while and couldn't find one that was close enough to FIRE and a pattern that I liked. Found this this past weekend. The background is not a really creamy off white but it's not a bright white. Other than that I don't think it's too bad of a FIRE print overall :)

For some reason my browser won't copy/paste my photos, all it will do is put the url, oh well.

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv386%3A3%3Enu%3D37%3C9%3E688%3E4%3C7%3E28%3B%3A6885%3B825%3Aot1lsi

Most excellent, Kim! It looks like bright springy colors to me and I really like the pattern. I like your sandals too. I have purchased a few maxi skirts and dresses for this summer's fun. I just hadn't thought to post about them. If I can get optimal natural lighting and a cooperative husband/photographer, I'll try to post something soon.

Pam, I hope you have fully recovered by now. How's the trip planning coming along?

Linda, are you feeling better yet?

How is everyone else spending their summer vacation? --Debbie

Great skirt! I've got a couple that I found in the back of the cruise closet (tags still on them from 8-10 years ago! I'm lucky they still fit!). I'll have to get photos

Nice skirt Kim!

I'm of the opinion that so long as the pattern reads Fire or Earth, even if it has colors that aren't quite the thing...it works great. Especially in skirts...they just need to coordinate with a Fire or Earth top...

Melody...that's funny about finding your skirts. With all our moving...that is something that I never experience. I think I have a mental catalog of all our belongings...I literally handled them so often over the years.

Anita, when we moved every 3 or 2 or several times in one year (military) I knew exactly what everyone had (as it wasn't much). We haven't moved now in 25 (!!!) years, now I collect ;). I'd put these skirts aside when I gained some weight, I've recycled them back in now (shopping without spending money)

...We haven't moved now in 25 (!!!) years...

That blows my mind...I can't even imagine that now. But everyone knows by now that I've never lived longer than 4 years in one house...my high school years...so that was 25 years AGO. LOL!

Shopping without spending money is a great concept...

My thoughts are to grab the things that don't get worn very often and figure out why...make an outfit or two for that item. Somewhere, I read about how certain clothing items are like strangers and it takes a while to become friendly with them...to integrate them into your more common wardrobe.

I feel this way about the scarves that I own. I'd like to figure out how to wear them more often because I really like how they make an outfit feel complete.