OK, all you CC power-users

NoWhiners

maybe i'm just not very smart but i can't get the 'multiple quote' thing to work. i know (and have tried) pushing the multiple quotes button, but then what??

Normally i am pretty good at this kind of stuff but this is driving me crazy!

please help an old horse learn a new trick!

Mary Lynn

maybe i'm just not very smart but i can't get the 'multiple quote' thing to work. i know (and have tried) pushing the multiple quotes button, but then what??

Commenting inbetween

Mary Lynn

commenting after

What I do for multipule quotes is I go to say post # 1 and touch the "+ sign, then I go to post#2 and hit the same sign, you can only do this 3 times I think..

Then you go to Post Reply on the left hand side of the screen and they will come up..you can comment inbetween/or after the

marks of each post..does this help?

At the bottom of every post, there are three icons that can be clicked..... look in the bottom right hand corner.

If you wish to quote multiple previous posts into a post you are writing, click on the middle icon (the one that has quotation marks - " ) for each quote you want to use.

It will highlight in orange when clicked.

After you have clicked each you want to use, click on Post Reply (lower left hand corner) and they will all show up in a message box.

Hope you can follow these........ I'm not the best at giving directions. :o

At the bottom of every post, there are three icons that can be clicked..... look in the bottom right hand corner.

If you wish to quote multiple previous posts into a post you are writing, click on the middle icon (the one that has quotation marks - " ) for each quote you want to use.

After you have clicked each you want to use, click on Post Reply (lower left hand corner) and they will all show up in a message box.

[/color][/size]

Mary Lynn

commenting after

What I do for multipule quotes is I go to say post # 1 and touch the "+ sign, then I go to post#2 and hit the same sign, you can only do this 3 times I think..

Then you go to Post Reply on the left hand side of the screen and they will come up..you can comment inbetween/or after the

Mary Lynn

See it works.

You gave good directions.

Mary Lynn

[/color][/size]

Mary Lynn

commenting after

Thanks!!! I wondered how to do it too but never thought to ask!!

Gotta love CC posters! BTW...now I'll be dangerous :D

I don't use the + sign.

My directions (almost the same):

At the bottom right of each post there are 3 icons; the middle one is a multiple (") quote symbol. Click on that on the first post you want to quote. Click on the same symbol on the next post that you want to quote. you can only quote 3 posts -- I think.

When you have clicked on your final mutiple quote icon, click on the word "quote" icon -- to the left of the multiple quote marks -- in that last post. this will bring up your "reply" box whoch will contain all the requested quotes.

Now you can edit -- answer as needed -- and then submit

I don't use the + sign.

At the bottom right of each post there are 3 icons; the middle one is a multiple (") quote symbol.

Just so those trying to learn how to do multiple quotes don't get confused---

The symbol with the quote sign (") also has the plus sign (+), as well as a note in it.

If you hover your cursor over the three symbols at the bottom right of a given post, the explanation of the use of that symbol will appear.

[/color][/size]

Mary Lynn

commenting after

The symbol with the quote sign (") also has the plus sign (+), as well as a note in it.

If you hover your cursor over the three symbols at the bottom right of a given post, the explanation of the use of that symbol will appear.

WOW--thanks you guys--this is great!! I tired it here and it works as you all described. i feel much better now, not so inadequate!! Thank you all so much. Special note--I had to be selective about which 3 to quote, so i used crusin susin as first to respond, sail for clear instructions (just what i needed!), and of course RuthC, whose advice I ALWAYS follow!!

ctheworld--thanks--I get this comment a lot, especially from my friends!!

Thank you all, now we can go back to actual cruise stuff!! I am off to practice multi-quotes...

ML

oops, sorry for the typo's!!

ML

:D As long as we are 'giving directions', if you notice something you wish to change about your post, you can click 'edit' in the bottom right of your post.

You have a few minutes after posting to change something/correct spelling etc

I think it's about 15 minutes and then the only way to edit a post is to ask a Moderator to do so for you.

:D As long as we are 'giving directions', if you notice something you wish to change about your post, you can click 'edit' in the bottom right of your post.

I think it's about 15 minutes and then the only way to edit a post is to ask a Moderator to do so for you.

S7S - is it also true that you can only edit one time? For example you post, not a typo, go back in and edit it, repost it, look at it again, and see you are really having an off day and want to edit for a second time. When that has happened to me, I was not able to edit a second time, the option was gone. Of course it could be the timing issue you mention - too much time had passed between the original post and the desire to edit a second time.

I was looking everywhere for the darn + sign. I had never noticed it; thanks for telling me. Has it always been there???

S7S - is it also true that you can only edit one time? For example you post, not a typo, go back in and edit it, repost it, look at it again, and see you are really having an off day and want to edit for a second time. When that has happened to me, I was not able to edit a second time, the option was gone. Of course it could be the timing issue you mention - too much time had passed between the original post and the desire to edit a second time.
I'm not S7S, but I've been able to edit my messages more than once. I'm the typo queen. :o I don't always catch them before I hit the submit button (or even after I've edited once). I think the timing must have something to do with it.

I'm not S7S, but I've been able to edit my messages more than once. I'm the typo queen. :o I don't always catch them before I hit the submit button (or even after I've edited once). I think the timing must have something to do with it.

Thank you.

You can edit multiple times - within a time limit. I think it is within 15-20 minutes from posting.

I was looking everywhere for the darn + sign. I had never noticed it; thanks for telling me. Has it always been there???

You're welcome.

As for the "+" sign, I didn't see it for the longest time, either, even though I knew about the multiple quote icon. I expect it was part of the change that brought in the choices (think that was the '04 changes), but can't be sure.

I guesss it

commenting after

See it works.

You gave good directions.

really does work. Thanks Sail.

Sail is correct, you have 15 min to edit your posts..I just edited one post three times & then tried a fourth time & received this message:

"The administrator has specified that you can only edit messages for 15 minutes after you have posted. This limit has expired, so you must contact the administrator to make alterations on your message. "

Cheers....:)Betty

Archived