Can this be true...no chocolate on your pillow on NCL?

JanetAlice

I hate to be the one to tell you, but you won't be getting any chocolates. But I don't think you should let the lack of an 8 cent chocolate ruin your cruise. If it's important, pack a bag of your favorites and have your cabin mate put them on your pillow each night.

Have a great cruise!

The first cruise I was on I roomed with a friend of my brother. I never knew about the candy until the last night because he ate it before I got back to the room every night. Every cruise I have taken with my husband we just piled them up and brought them home for my nephew... so, I don't think I'll miss them... there is plenty more to eat on board and chocolate at night give me bad dreams!

I read a review that NCL no longer puts chocolates on your pillows at turndown. That would be very disappointing for a first time NCL cruiser.

I hate to burst your bubble but they were nothing more than (and I'm being polite) brown wax. And speaking of bubbles the the free champagne they use to hand out was right up there with the brown wax. NCL can have them both!

NCL doesn't, Carnival doesn't.....and I think there are a few others who do not as well. I'm not totally sure how this would make or break a vacation experience?

on the Carnival Miracle 9/4-9/12...mints on pillow each night. they werent very good (brown wax indeed) but it sure looked nice. i'm really not going to care if/when NCL doesnt leave them for us.

I hate to burst your bubble but they were nothing more than (and I'm being polite) brown wax. And speaking of bubbles the the free champagne they use to hand out was right up there with the brown wax. NCL can have them both!

Not to bust your chops, but with a name like Tightwallet, is there any chance you work for NCL? Mr. Sheehan is that you? LOL

I read a review that NCL no longer puts chocolates on your pillows at turndown. That would be very disappointing for a first time NCL cruiser.

Indeed it would :eek:

You know that thing I never experienced? Gosh, I miss it! :rolleyes:

Only those that don't have bed bugs or chocolate stains on the covers:rolleyes:

Of course silly rabbit :cool:

Actually, many reviews of the Sky have reported no turn-down service on the first night of the cruise. I was glad we had turn down service the first night since the pullmans are kind of a pain to put up and down. We did not get a towel animal on the first day, but they are so busy that day, I totally understand.

On some of our cruises, including Princess, towel animals were rare, not the norm like on NCL.

There were a few reviews stating no turn-down service at all in some cabins.

Wow your good! Now I'm working on how I can get away with replacing the pretzel buns with Pillsbury easy bake buns from the tube.

Ok you do that and thanks for the laugh.

Even with the cutbacks, I still enjoy cruising (your?) line. LOL

Take care Sir!:D

I am just glad I know in advance. I will bring my own chocolates. :) Do they still turn down the beds in the evening?

Didn't you hear? Due to budget cuts the stewards no longer turn down the beds because there are no more stewards! And hence forward we all have to take turns rowing! Bon voyage!

Archived