past guest party

JustJamieH

I was just on a cruise this past may I am a past guest infact half of our party were past guest the other half had never cruised and I had asked one of the carnival workers if we were allowed to bring a guest even if they had never cruised before and yes was the answer I got..only two of the four non past guest decided to go..now for upcoming cruise the same four will get their own invite:D

On my last cruise, it was my husband and I, my 2 children (ages 14 & 16 at the time) and my in-laws. My husband and I are past guests, but it was my in-laws first time. I did take my two children with me, but I did not even think about taking my in-laws as I was not comfortable with that.

They are not INVITED but some on here say they have done it with no problem...You are either a past guest or not...

On my first Carnival cruise my ex was a past guest and I wasn't...he brought me, no problem. I want to say the invite was extended to everyone in the state room? But that was five years ago so I could be remembering it wrong. Regardless, we didn't have any problems with me going.

If you ask Carnival they will tell you it is for past guest, that means what it says but i have seen many non past guest there, but sometimes they will say something about it when you enter. I dont think i have every seen someone turned away.

Of course, they aren't going to turn anybody away at the door that is with a past guest...they would hope that people would understand the term "past guest" It is a matter of etiquette.

It's kind of like a wedding or a party...the hosts know the number of past guest or guests invited and prepare food and drinks accordingly....when a lot of people show up that weren't invited, then the servers are not prepared for that....Can you imagine if we all befriended somebody with a blue card on the first day of the cruise, and then said, hey, come with me to the past guest party...it's OK, we can all bring a guest. So much for the "past guest" party...That is why they have the Captain's Welcome aboard and Farewell parties.....for every guest.

Personally, I would never go to something I was invited to, but that's me.

Of course, they aren't going to turn anybody away at the door that is with a past guest...they would hope that people would understand the term "past guest" It is a matter of etiquette.

It's kind of like a wedding or a party...the hosts know the number of past guest or guests invited and prepare food and drinks accordingly....when a lot of people show up that weren't invited, then the servers are not prepared for that....Can you imagine if we all befriended somebody with a blue card on the first day of the cruise, and then said, hey, come with me to the past guest party...it's OK, we can all bring a guest. So much for the "past guest" party...That is why they have the Captain's Welcome aboard and Farewell parties.....for every guest.

I like your style.:)

I assume you meant "never go to something I was not invited to". Either that or like Groucho Marx you would

"never belong to a club that would have me as a member.":D

I doubt if they would turn you away, but they were making jokes about people showing up who were not invited. Even in the video John Heald joked about it when he said they were watching for people who did not clap for any ships that they have been on, which lets them know who is not a past guest and does not belong.

The Cruise director also joked about it when he asked for people to clap for the number of cruises they have been on. When people clapped for that cruise being their first, he said, " Back away from the drinks!" Everyone laughed.

I can't understand why anyone would even want to go a party to which they were not invited, unless the invitation specified, " and guest".

I think you will find when the time comes that your friends will not even want to go. There is so much to do and a ship and so much fun, they won't even miss a 45 minute party.

Hope you all have a wonderful time!

When I was on the Liberty this past January, I asked if my husband was allowed to come, I was a past guest, he was not. If they had said no, neither of us would have gone. I was told he was also invited, so we both went.

This has always been a hot topic on the boards. I am sure the past guests who choose not to go to the party more than make up for the past guest who bring their "guest" with them.

Bringing a "guest" with them show the newbie what a returning guest is eligible for. Just a way to entice them to book again.

The past guest party is one of the few (only) perks past guests get. I can understand if you have a non-past guest staying with you in your stateroom, or would have to otherwise go to the party alone. But, I really don't feel it is right to bring others in your party that are not past guests that are not spouses, minor children or cabin mates. The invites are very specific as to who they entitle to attend. While Carnival may be gracious enough to overlook that, just because one can get-over, doesn't mean one should do so. It you were going to a "Friends of Bill" meeting on board, and the couple you were traveling with were not "Friends of Bill," would you think to bring them there. Bottom line is this event does not apply to them either.

• 3 months later...

I agree with you and like what you say but when you are sailing with just two people and one is not a past guest and you are a past guest..what's the harm? I would hate to leave my friend alone..I would never think of bringing a handful of people no, but one person I think would be alright..there are times I do not attend the past guest parties so perhaps it all washes

Archived