My Time Dining

Brenda33

Hi all....My husband and I are going on the Monarch of the Seas in June. We are signed up for My Time Dining. I have done Anytime Dining on Carnival and you were able to just show up whenever you wanted. I was exploring my RCCL reservation and noticed that you could make reservations in advance. My question is......Can you just show up at any time for the My Time Dining or do you HAVE TO make a reservation? Just wondering because having to make a reservation kind of takes away from the freedom of anytime......Thanks for your help in advance. :)

You can make a reservation or just show up but you might have to wait to be seated. This dining venue is getting very popular so I would suggest making a ressie each evening when you leave the dining room around what you will be doing the next day to insure you will not wait very long

You can make a reservation or just show up but you might have to wait to be seated. This dining venue is getting very popular so I would suggest making a ressie each evening when you leave the dining room around what you will be doing the next day to insure you will not wait very long

Thank you for your response. I like not planning, so I will probably take my chances the first night and see what happens. I'm just glad this is an option.

Thank you for your response. I like not planning, so I will probably take my chances the first night and see what happens. I'm just glad this is an option.

"Not planning" works just fine. There is a possibility that you will have to wait briefly if you choose to go at the most popular times (usually 7-7:30), but we have cruised on the Majesty with MTD and had NO problem just strolling up and asking for a table.

"Not planning" works just fine. There is a possibility that you will have to wait briefly if you choose to go at the most popular times (usually 7-7:30), but we have cruised on the Majesty with MTD and had NO problem just strolling up and asking for a table.

We had to wait some nights on Carnival up to a 1/2 hour....so its no problem. So looking forward to this kid free cruise!

We did not like MTD.

We had an 8:15 reservation on the Monarch and were not seated until 8:40! The tables for 2 were incredibly close together and the wait was too long, even with a reservation, that we switched to traditional late dining for the remainder of the cruise. Most seem to like MTD but it was not for us .

Hope you have better luck.

M

On carnival, we could put our name on the list and they would give us a pager to let us know the table was ready. Does anyone know if they do that on RCCL? We are sailing on liberty over thanksgiving.

thx

On carnival, we could put our name on the list and they would give us a pager to let us know the table was ready. Does anyone know if they do that on RCCL? We are sailing on liberty over thanksgiving.

thx

No beepers on RCI!!!!!:) That was the first difference from Princess' Anytime Dining, that we noticed when we first tried My Time Dining. We also found that we never waited more than a very few (five or less) minutes when we showed up at even peak times, though that my have been pure good fortune. On Princess lengthy waits were much more common, hence the use of beepers.:( We were avid traditional diners who have been won over by our great experiences with MTD, and most evenings we were able to get the same server staff so their familiarity with our particular dining preferences made the experience very similar to what we were used to in traditional dining. I think that the fact that they limit the number of passengers who can participate in the MTD program also helps make the program work better. With Princess, it seems that the majority of passengers are forced to accept Anytime Dining, even when they express a preference for traditional.:(

thank you for the info. We dont mind waiting as long as we dont have to stay in one area which made the pagers a nice thing to have so we can move around the ship, but it doesnt sound like waiting is going to even be a problem on RCCL.

thanks again.

We were on the Grandeur earlier this month and had the MTD. Loved it! Forgot to make a reservation on formal night but didn't have to wait but 2-3 minutes. Food seemed to come out quicker with no long waiting between courses like traditional dining experiences. Of course on RCCL we could make a meal of just the appetizers.

Archived