Question about using Free Internet Minutes

Daniel1313

I learned from reading older posts on CC that you can make the most of your minutes by using Word to compose your emails, then log into the internet, and copy and paste your pre-composed email to an email. All the time spent composing is not gobbling up your minutes.

I have used this method for the last few cruises, and never use up all my allotted minutes.

Obviously this is when working on your own computer, not in their Internet Cafe.

However, if you are using an e-mail program on your computer such as Outlook or Outlook Express, you can compose your messages within the e-mail program, say send, and let them just stack up in the outbox until you do sign onto the Internet. No need to compose first with Word.

We are platinum. Just purchased internet packages in advance for our upcoming cruise. We will be credited the Platinum free amount against our purchase and each get 60 bonus minutes. Purchasing in advance was an easy phone call.

We are platinum. Just purchased internet packages in advance for our upcoming cruise. We will be credited the Platinum free amount against our purchase and each get 60 bonus minutes. Purchasing in advance was an easy phone call.

I am Elite and have never pre-purchased an internet package. However, a number of people have said that the platinum/elite internet credit would not offset any package purchased before the cruise. You might want to double check.

You will NOT receive a credit for it although you will receive the extra 60 minutes. You have bought it so you will have lots of Internet minutes.

The reason why you won't get credit is that the purchase has to be made through the onboard account system which is not able to handle anything other than pre-paid gifts, which are really just OBCs. Any Platinum or Elite perks are debited and then credited while onboard. Internet? Buy onboard, it's charged to your onboard account and then credited to the allowable amount. Laundry? Send out your laundry and your onboard account is charged, and then credited back. If you buy a FCC while onboard, it's not charged to your onboard account but rather directly to your credit card because it's charged using a separate system. Likewise, when you pre-purchased Internet minutes, you did so using a different system than the onboard account.

This will be my first time bringing my netbook on a cruise next week on the Caribbean Princess. I need it to access e-mail and don't have Word on netbook so will be wasting some time but my DH and I are both Platinum so I hope the 300 minutes will be enough. Many have mentioned that shutting down the PC does not turn off the Internet Minute count. Is the Sign Out very visible on the HOme page of Princess as I don't want to not sign out and have the clock ticking and not using it? Thanks

When you sign off of the internet on your laptop, there is a numerical code that you have to type in the URL to assure that you have logged out. I don't remember exactly, but it is something like 1.1.10.1. The code is on an information sheet that you can get in the Internet Cafe. Just ask. They will be glad to explain what you need to do.

When you sign off of the internet on your laptop, there is a numerical code that you have to type in the URL to assure that you have logged out. I don't remember exactly, but it is something like 1.1.10.1. The code is on an information sheet that you can get in the Internet Cafe. Just ask. They will be glad to explain what you need to do.

It is 1.1.1.1

It is 1.1.1.1

.................and every time you sign in, there is a reminder that if using your own laptop to sign out to key in the 1.1.1.1.

By the time I was finished I sometimes forgot that reminder but always remembered reading Pam in CA"s reminders to do so ( as she drilled into our heads to do so when there were so many threads about wifi in the beginning.):D LOL

Do I have it correct - you just type in at top at url address: 1.1.1.1.

That is strange - never had to do that before when using WI. I only remember clicking a sign out key. OK, but I have it now.

Thanks,

Rosemary

Yes, just type in 1.1.1.1 and hit enter

Its listed during the log in so don't worry about not remembering. ;)

Archived