Oasis dining venues

CRUZCOOL

My DH asked last night if the windjammer will be crowded for dinner. I tried to explain to him that probably not since there are so many places to eat on the ship. We do not go to the MDR and put don't want to wait in line at the free places to eat for dinner. Also, explained that the cost of Johnny Rockets is worth it for dinner one night, the sushi place offers take out, we have chops reservations for one night, and that there is always room service.

Can anyone who sailed recently tell us if the windjammer was crowded for dinner? Thanks

That all depends on cruise by cruise basis, and at what time you wanted to dine. The Windjammer on The Oasis is really large, and in general I would say no it is not crowded in the evenings. Enjoy your cruise:)

Can anyone who sailed recently tell us if the windjammer was crowded for dinner? Thanks

We have eaten in the Windjammer for dinner at least once per cruise and have never encountered the areea to be more than 1/4 full. On our last cruise -Oasis 4/17/2010, the Windjammer was nearly empty. We attributed that to the sheer number of other places to eat aboard the Oasis. Overall we never felt that our Oasis cruise was crowded except for the parades in the Royal Promenade.

Enjoy your cruise!

-----------------------------

Sea ya!

Hobiecat01

Ron and Lee

Canton, Ga

Proud RCCL Platinum Member

"In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom,

in water there is bacteria." – Ben Franklin

Previous Cruises – 66 Days at Sea!

Carnival Mardis Gras - 3 Day Bahamas - April 1982

Carnival Destiny - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 1998

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - April 1999

Princess Sea Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2000

Princess Grand Princess - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2002

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - March 2003

RCCL Mariner of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - April 2005

RCCL Freedom of the Seas - 7 Days Western Carib. - 6/18 - 6/25/2006

RCCL Liberty of the Seas - 7 Days Eastern Carib. - 7/19 - 7/26/2008

RCCL Oasis of the Seas –7 Days Eastern Carib. with our Friends – 4/17 – 4/24/2010

Booked & Paid Cruises

Not yet… ready to pull the trigger…

Planned Cruises

RCCL Allure of the Seas – Our Neighborhood Cruise - 2011

The BIG One - Southeast Asia 14 day – 2012?

The Med – 14 day – 2013?

My DH asked last night if the windjammer will be crowded for dinner. I tried to explain to him that probably not since there are so many places to eat on the ship. We do not go to the MDR and put don't want to wait in line at the free places to eat for dinner. Also, explained that the cost of Johnny Rockets is worth it for dinner one night, the sushi place offers take out, we have chops reservations for one night, and that there is always room service.

Agree with Chip London it all depends on cruise by cruise basis, at what time you wanted to dine and port of call. The Windjammer on the Oasis is really large, and in general I would say no it is not crowded in the evenings or early mornings. Being first or last during serving times is the best time to show up.

We went in there several times and never had trouble finding a place to sit and never had to wait in line for food :)

I'm glad you asked the question...and I'm even more glad I read through threads before repeating the same question when I can.

I have heard the Windjammer is really crowded during breakfast and lunch so I wondered about dinner. Thanks for asking!

• 2 weeks later...
Really? I had heard that it was rather small on Oasis.

I have never sailed a Freedom Class ship so I don't know how big the Windjammer is on them and what folks expect the Oasis to be since the passenger size is so much larger. But on the ships I have sailed the Oasis Windjammer is much larger. Also there are so many other options to eat on this ship. It was Thursday before we ate in the Windjammer. We were not avoiding it we just kept finding ourselves eating someplace else that was conveient when we were hungry.

i think i ate breakfast in windjammer 3 times. i wouldn't have gone there at all. I was a big fan of Park Cafe for breakfast (lunch too) but the rest of the family loves a good buffet. Windjammer very crowded for breakfast and lunch. Worse for breakfast though. Problem is people finish and just continue to sit in the seats and BS. They would periodically make announcements to ask people to move on with their day when they are done so others could find a seat. BTW there is no omelet station as it would take forever to accommodate the orders. My wife and daughter went to windjammer for one dinner and said it was not crowded at all. Basically same food as in the MDR for dinner.

Thanks for all the responses. We like to eat in the Windjammer b/c of the selection and casual dining. We don't like to dress up and like to eat when we feel like it. My DH loves to wear his basketball shorts all day long. I am looking forward to the windjammer as it is a fun place to eat.

We ate in the windjammer ( last week ) twice for dinner , we didnt do formal nights this cruise , and it was maybe half full . There are screens on the ship in various locations that you can check to see what the degree of occupancy is in all of the restuarants and you can also check this right from your tv in your cabin. Food was decent too. It is very full after 9 am for breakfast , we ended up finding a table first and then one of us would go get our food while the other held the table. The windjammer is very big on this ship .

Dining room is good for lunch , you can have your own salad made which was very good and was never packed.

Archived