Strawberries

CRUZCOOL

Are the chocolate covered strawberries worth the money? We are sailing for our anniversary. We have a reservation at Chops for the day after since we will be in port on the anniversary itself. But thought this might be a nice surprise for when we get back.

If I order them now, can I tell them when to deliver it or just wait until I am on board and then do it?

You will get no complaints from me if I receive the chocolate covered strawberries. We love them and think they are a wonderful treat. We've sent them to my parents on their wedding anniversary on the cruise before, along with a bottle of champagne. Of course, we were on hand to "help" them with the treats :D.

It's not worth it, for me....I don't care for chocolate covered strawberrys! The strawberrys would have to be mighty sweet for me to enjoy them...they usually aren't.

Yes..you can wait til you board to decide.

Agree. I'm not impressed with the chocolate they use, not to mention the strawberrys aren't the best.

Well actually they are for my DH. He is a sweets lover. And I figured the cake or flowers are too girly for him but the strawberries would be enjoyed. Can I ask for some to be white chocolate and others in regular chocolate? Who do I order them from when aboard?

Are the chocolate covered strawberries worth the money? We are sailing for our anniversary. We have a reservation at Chops for the day after since we will be in port on the anniversary itself. But thought this might be a nice surprise for when we get back.

If I order them now, can I tell them when to deliver it or just wait until I am on board and then do it?

:cool:Funny thing you should ask. Just off the phone with RCCL Gifts N Gear. Ordered Champagne and Berries to have in cabin upon my arrival for next cruise. Rather than later, why not have them (plus flowers) in cabin on arrival? Great way to start cruise off right:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

If you are asking if they taste good, they dont...IMO. I love choclate covered strawberries, but the chocolate just wasnt good at all. :(

The first time I bought the choc-covered strawberries, the berries were huge and tasty. They were also pretty - milk choc swirls on the white choc ones and vice-versa. They were definitely worth the price. When I bought them in January, the strawberries were small and weren't really ripe. They weren't pretty at all - just dipped once, no swirls. I was disappointed. I prefer the white chocolate dipped ones to the milk chocolate but you can't substitute. I'm going to pass on buying the strawberries in the future. RC has them for free in the Schooner Bar around midnight. I can get my white chocolate-dipped strawberries then.

I agree, the gesture means more. We have received them as gifts from crew members and only DH and DD like strawberries. I always taste one and for someone who doesnt like milk chocolate, only dark and doesnt like strawberries, they taste pretty good. They have always been nice sized and sweet....Maybe it depends on the time of year or on the ship...?

I agree, they used to be dipped then swirled. I noticed the change too, they are only dipped once now.

I really enjoy the chocolate covered strawberries onboard. The earlier poster who said to be sure to eat them soon after you get them was spot on.

The berries with Korbel are the tops! It's the way we start every cruise - including our Ultimate Alaska earlier this month.

They are very nice if you eat them right away. Don't try to save them for the next day because they are usually very ripe and will spoil.
This is true of ALL chocolate-covered strawberries -- even if you make them yourself so that you KNOW they're super-fresh, they're a treat with a very short lifespan.

The first time I bought the choc-covered strawberries, the berries were huge and tasty. They were also pretty - milk choc swirls on the white choc ones and vice-versa. They were definitely worth the price. When I bought them in January, the strawberries were small and weren't really ripe. They weren't pretty at all - just dipped once, no swirls. I was disappointed. I prefer the white chocolate dipped ones to the milk chocolate but you can't substitute. I'm going to pass on buying the strawberries in the future. RC has them for free in the Schooner Bar around midnight. I can get my white chocolate-dipped strawberries then.

Really?!? Nice tip! Thanks!!! :D

Really?!? Nice tip! Thanks!!! :D
They did on Serenade in January. I've had them on previous ships also. Usually the ones that you order are really big. The ones served in Schooner were the smaller ones with a single dipping of chocolate. On Serenade they were all the small ones. :(

Archived