What is the weather going to be like on 10/17 sailing!??

Julzizzle

I wanted to know if the weather out to sea will be chilly. Do we need to take jeans and a sweatshirt or is it balmy and beautiful! We have only sailed in May before and have no clue what the weather will be this time! FOS Western Carribean

Let me see if I can help. I am not a weather forcaster but an experienced cruiser who usually sails in November.

Take a pair of jeans because sometimes the ship can get chilly. As far as ports, we have sweated our butts off on more then one occasion. Take T-shirts and shorts. Right now if Florida it is 88 during the day and 70's at night.

You can also search the web and find the average temp for a lacation for a particular month. I have seen it before but forgot where.

Hope this helps:)

A few days prior to leaving you can to a 10 day forecast on weather.com to give you an idea. We’ve never needed jeans or sweatshirts in October. We’ve had some wind and used a light jacket in January.

The coolest weather we've had was on the sail-aways as you are usually going south.

M

The only time we were ever really cold on a cruise was in Jan-Feb. Depending on if you get chilled easily or not, you might want to take a light sweater for out on deck at night. Here in Florida it has been very warm and it doesn't look like that will change much in the next couple of weeks. Our temps don't usually start to go down until sometime in November.

In a word, hot.

Really the temps down in the Caribbean don't change all that much throughout the year... it is the tropics after all!

The average temperature only differs by 2 degrees between July and October in Grand Cayman)

Unless you chill at room temperature (my wife does not get comfortable until about 90!) then "summer wear" will be more than appropriate.

Archived