Ncl Sun Balcony cabin questions

mnmstaller

I keep hearing NCl has small cabins. We are booked Viking deck Midship.

Do these cabins feel cramped? Also any noise from above or below? By the price we paid it seems too good to be true.

The only balcony Stateroom I have to compare is the carnival legend.

Thanks for your input!

1990 SS Emerald Seas

1991 SS Emerald Seas

1992 Starship Atlantic Premier Cruise Lines

1998 MS Sovereign of the Seas

2006 Carnival Facinastion

2008 Carnival Legend

2009 Carnival Legend

Oct 16 2010 NCL Sun

liz96y2xr9vq0rds.png

I'll find out on MONDAY!!! :D Yay (finally).

I have heard that as well, and we have 3 grown women in our cabin 8060. So I am not expecting a lot of room when the sofa is pulled out. But having said that most cabins on NCL ships are on the small side, you can find out approx. square footage by going to the website. The balcony basically has room for two chairs and a small table unless you have an aft balcony which will be deeper.

Keep in mind the cabins are around 20 feet long and ten feet wide. When you read or compare cabins with other cruise lines which are 20 square feet larger in area, they are only a foot wider. The majority of the cabins with the other lines are basically the same otherwise. Its mostly the width of a cabin...

I never understood the comments about room size , but then we've never been size queens.lol

We have been on the Sun, Sky, Pearl, Jewel, Jade (POH) numerous times. I also understand that the POA has smaller cabins, we will see in another week if that's true.

I'm beginning to think that maybe it's the cruisers that are too big rather than rooms so small.

I'll find out on MONDAY!!! :D Yay (finally).

I have heard that as well, and we have 3 grown women in our cabin 8060. So I am not expecting a lot of room when the sofa is pulled out. But having said that most cabins on NCL ships are on the small side, you can find out approx. square footage by going to the website. The balcony basically has room for two chairs and a small table unless you have an aft balcony which will be deeper.

Enjoy your cruise and please tell us all about the ship when you return:D

My DW and I just got back of the Sun last week from a Baltic cruise and for two people, we found we had plenty of room for ourselves and what we had in our luggage. My only problem was with the size of the shower.

My DH and I returned a few weeks ago from the Sky and had a BC balcony. It was definitely smaller than CCL balcony cabins. Also, the "sofa" as they call it, was EXTREMELY small, not sure how well an adult could sleep on it. I also agree, the shower was much smaller than CCL also. Event though it was smaller, it was fine for 2 people, not sure how it would be with 3 adults in it.

For what its worth, most of NCL's other ships have a three compartment bath. When you open the door to the cabin, you step into the lavatory area - a little less wide than what you had on Sun. To one side is a sliding door into the toilet compartment and on the other, a similar door into the shower. The shower's on these ships is WONDERFUL - none of that clingly shower curtain. I am six foot seven so the toilet compartment door usually had to stay open for my knees but I didn't mind as the shower was so nice.

For what its worth, most of NCL's other ships have a three compartment bath. When you open the door to the cabin, you step into the lavatory area - a little less wide than what you had on Sun. To one side is a sliding door into the toilet compartment and on the other, a similar door into the shower. The shower's on these ships is WONDERFUL - none of that clingly shower curtain. I am six foot seven so the toilet compartment door usually had to stay open for my knees but I didn't mind as the shower was so nice.

Unfortunately, the near sisters of Sky and Sun have the clinging shower curtain unlike the Spirit, Star, Jewel, and Epic class ships...

My DH and I returned a few weeks ago from the Sky and had a BC balcony. It was definitely smaller than CCL balcony cabins. Also, the "sofa" as they call it, was EXTREMELY small, not sure how well an adult could sleep on it. I also agree, the shower was much smaller than CCL also. Event though it was smaller, it was fine for 2 people, not sure how it would be with 3 adults in it.

Shhh, I won't tell my 18 year old son that as he is sleeping on the sofa. I guess it can't be any worse then a college dorm bed!

Well, that sounds MUCH better than what the Sky bathrooms were like! They had "round" showers, barely big enough to turn in and you DEFINITELY couldn't even bend over in them!

we have a larger inside on the Sun then we have had in the past, the only negative seems to be the "clingy" shower curtain:p

We have a bigger inside than usual too...one of the square ones forward on Deck 8. Hopefully it really is bigger and just not a bad deck plan rendering. We are a little worried though because unlike every other room description that says something like "2 twin beds (can be combined into a queen)" these rooms descriptions just say "2 twin beds". We are hoping its a typo...but if not, I guess after 20plus years, DDP and I can survive a week sleeping single!

Re: 2 or 3 adults fitting? Do you mean in the shower? Or in the cabin in general?

The showers in the spa are very large, so if the shower size is a problem, go down to the spa and shower.

Also if you direct the shower head toward the curtain rather than away from it (which seems like the thing to do) the curtain will not be sucked in to the shower and cling. And no, the water doesn't run out into the bathroom.

RE: square footage inc. the balcony - all cruise lines that I know of include the balcony in the total square footage as it is living space available solely to you.

The inside "sideways" layouts give you a lot more personal space than the outside cabin layouts. A closet on each end of the cabin and the vanity on one end, the other end gets to use the bathroom.

PoA cabins did not seem to be any smaller to me than other NCL ships.

I keep hearing NCl has small cabins. We are booked Viking deck Midship.

Do these cabins feel cramped? Also any noise from above or below? By the price we paid it seems too good to be true.

The only balcony Stateroom I have to compare is the carnival legend.

Thanks for your input!

1990 SS Emerald Seas

1991 SS Emerald Seas

1992 Starship Atlantic Premier Cruise Lines

1998 MS Sovereign of the Seas

2006 Carnival Facinastion

2008 Carnival Legend

2009 Carnival Legend

Oct 16 2010 NCL Sun

liz96y2xr9vq0rds.png

With the exception of Carnival and HAL NCLs cabins are similar to any others. No, we don't feel the cabins on the Sun are crowded particularly.

Nita

A closet on each end of the cabin and the vanity on one end, the other end gets to use the bathroom.

Hey, that's the way I felt about the tiny bathroom areas too. One end can use the lavatory, the other end gets to use the shower. You have to swap ends to get an entire shower!:D

We did 3 adult women on the Sun about 5 years ago and from what I remember we didn't have any difficulty in our room - we booked one of those inside deluxe rooms with 191 sq ft only found on the Sun and I don't remember it being crowded at all. You will have the balcony if any one needs to step out and have a little alone time too! Have a wonderful trip - you will see the room will be fine!

Archived