Things I wonder about the Marina

JimandStan

I don't see the laundramats either but I believe we were told at one of the Future Cruise presentations that there would be one on every (or almost every) deck on which there are staterooms.

By the way, Williamsville? I am originally from East Aurora, not far away.

To change the subject a minute..........

Where are the Laundromats? I haven't seen them on the deck plans.

Marion

They were marked in the brochure in the centre of the decks I think it had a hanger as the marker

I do not have my brochure handy but I am sure someone will post the exact locations

Marion, on deck 11 the laundry is between 11000 and 11001, at the bow end. In deck 10 it lies between 10020 and 10023. On deck 9 between 9028 and 9041. On deck 8 between 8036 and 8039. On deck 7 between 7022 and 7025.

The thing I do not understand yet is which side the doors will be on, port, starboard, or both. They are on the port side only on the R ships, I know. I'm concerned because we're booked into 10018, which is on the port side. Anyone know the answer to that question?

Kay

When we toured the Marina, we peeked into what will be the deck 10 laundrette from the starboard side hallway. I never noticed if there was also a door on the port side.

Changing the the subject completely,

001434.jpg004715.jpgDoesn't it appear that there are windows and/or doors along the side walls of the aft facing Oceania Suites on deck 11?

Om-staterooms-3d-oc.jpg

In the Oceania Suites that are located on deck 12, those side walls are interior walls, but on deck 11, it looks like they have opened them up .

Good news for View Seekers: it appears that the center portion of that rear facing deck will also be a public deck (otherwise, they would not have extended those hallways all the way aft).

Thanks for the reply, Jim and Stan. I wasn't sure whether I'd be happy or unhappy having the laundry so close. At least now if there is a door on the port side it will only be for those on one side of the ship.

The floor plan elevation for the suite does look like it has a "picture window" behind the bed, so maybe it is windows. The photo certainly looks like it.

Cheers, Kay

Marion, on deck 11 the laundry is between 11000 and 11001, at the bow end. In deck 10 it lies between 10020 and 10023. On deck 9 between 9028 and 9041. On deck 8 between 8036 and 8039. On deck 7 between 7022 and 7025.

The thing I do not understand yet is which side the doors will be on, port, starboard, or both. They are on the port side only on the R ships, I know. I'm concerned because we're booked into 10018, which is on the port side. Anyone know the answer to that question?

Kay

Thanks Kay. Now I have to wait to see if they will have a cabin for us so I can see how far we will be from the launderette. I don't like "guarantee" cabins. Since there are a limited number outside cabins on this ship I am apprehensive about getting on the ship. The odds aren't too good!

Marion

Thanks Kay. Now I have to wait to see if they will have a cabin for us so I can see how far we will be from the launderette. I don't like "guarantee" cabins. Since there are a limited number outside cabins on this ship I am apprehensive about getting on the ship. The odds aren't too good!

There is absolutely zero reason to be concerned about getting on the ship if you purchased a guarantee.

If Oceania runs out of the category that you purchased, you will get bumped up at no extra cost.

If you purchased that guarantee without knowing what you were purchasing, then shame on you.

If you used an agent, then you should have a very stern talk with him or her, because they should never have let you purchase something that you did not understand.

Marion

They will upsell someone in an outside or offer you an upsell maybe an upgrade ;)

You will get a cabin I would not worry you will get on the ship

Lyn

The floor plan elevation for the suite does look like it has a "picture window" behind the bed, so maybe it is windows.

Kay-

140028.jpg

I believe that is a headboard.

concierge-stateroom.jpg Those arch shaped outlines are the lighting shining down from the recessed fixtures, seen here from a different angle in a Penthouse illustration.

I appreciate your input, though.

P.S. I trust that we all like those headboards, as every Marina Cabin has one. ;)

In person, the material looks like brown suede.

I was combing through the new O brochure which arrived in yesterday's mail, and as I was looking at the Marina and R ship layouts I realized I didn't see the medical facility on Marina. Am I just not seeing it, or is it not on the layouts? Is it low in the ship, as on the R ships? Kay

Marion

Marion...maybe the couch in the laundry room is a pullout one. They could put us there!!!! We'd have our choice of decks. :p There's a tv in the laundry room as well. I'm sure a bar fridge would fit in there somewhere.

Bonus: we'd be first in line to do laundry!!!!

We will get on the ship....we have to....I'm nearly paid up. :D

Joyce :)

The crew accomodations are very much improved on the Marina. Not just better cabins, but recreation spaces, dining halls, crew gym etc.

-->Each crew cabin has a private bathroom!

That's a really good thing! The Oceania crews deserve to be comfortable since they do a great job for all of us.:)

I didn't realize that the crew rooms didn't have private bathrooms. :(

Not sure on the O ships but some other ships have communal bathrooms/showers.

They share a cabin that is probably half the size or less than the smallest cabins unless you are management or like the store personnel category of crew.

We had to go through the crew hallway once on another cruise line one of the crew cabin door was open .

The cabin had 2 bunks on one side & cupboard for personal stuff on the other & barely room to stand sideways.

The crew always seem cherry on O so maybe they have a bit better rooms :confused:

Lyn

Not sure on the O ships but some other ships have communal bathrooms/showers.

The crew always seem cherry on O so maybe they have a bit better rooms :confused:

Lyn

I know some do have private bathrooms. Maybe they are happy chappy's at the start of their contracts but living in their confined quarters would/do wear a bit thin after 8 months at sea. Ok if you were alone but sharing with possibly several different people over the term of their contracts would wear anyone down. But as you said Lyn - they all seem "cherry". lol:mad:

• 2 weeks later...
Good news for View Seekers: it appears that the center portion of that rear facing deck will also be a public deck (otherwise, they would not have extended those hallways all the way aft).

Do you mean there will be public access at the center of Deck 11 or Deck 7 or both of them? Will that still provide plenty of privacy for the cabins on either side of the public area?

That's 7130 and 7135 on Deck 7 and 11080 and 11083 on Deck 11

What is the current consenus re the PH's on Deck 7? Good, not so good, compared to other locations on the ship?

I wish the actual photo of the Marina were really sharp. I am having trouble trying to decide what is what.

Someone mentioned an "attached blueprint," but I don't see it online anywhere, let alone posted here.

Could someone do that?

Now that I have screamed--I think it's downright ugly that we didn't know where the laundry rooms were when we booked. I would NEVER get a cabin across from the laundry--but I just moved my daughter's cabin from 9029 to 9041--exactly across from the noise and congestion that can happen at all hours of the day and up into the night. Thanks for the information from you all--I will move her back!! Imagine paying over $12,000 to be across from it. Yikes!

Before anyone mentions it, I KNOW that someone has to have those cabins, but at least they should know about it and have a chance to refuse the location. IMHO, the location should have been noted in the brochure. I booked based on the Marina brochure that came out months ago.

OK, I am through with my rant. I love these boards. More information here than from any other source.

Mom C

Archived