2/19 Sea PANICK!

susanf31

We're sailing on the 2/19 Sea. I'm looking at several weather sites and all of them are calling for rain at every single port, on the day we'll be at each of those ports!!! I'm panicking. I'm in Denver and all I want is Sun and warmth. I don't care if the feed me hotdog and chips and treat me like a servant....I want SUN AND WARMTH.

It looks like a storm system will be following us for the entire trip!

sob, sob, sob...somebody, hold me. Tell me it'll be ok!!!! :)

Stop worrying!!!! For one thing weather forcasts are not very accurate especially more than 3-days in the future! Go to weather.com then to world and get the 10-day forecast for Cozumel. I see scattered showers for February 22 with a 30% chance of rain. Probably you will also have sun that day.

Susan- I just happened on your post, We too are from Colorado...Littleton. We are also going on th Sea, (DH and sons 16 & 18)but not until 3/19. Let me know how the cruise is when you get back. Don't worry, even when it calls for rain it's only for about an hour or so down there, not the bad weather all day type of thing. Have fun on your cruise!

Missy

weather forcasts are not very accurate especially more than 3-days in the future!

And it's not even always that accurate! We are in Michigan, and we were told the other day we were getting a snowstorm and could expect about 5-9 inches overnight. We woke up with a dusting. :)

Don't sweat the small stuff! Your trip will be wonderful!

Gotta love being raised in Washington. If rain is a deterrent, you end up not doing much:) so you learn to "embrace" the rain:D . The other day I found a postcard that my mom had sent me from Hawaii...I had to laugh...it said,

"The weather is beautiful: rainy and cold" (and she wasn't kidding:D )

I was worried about weather on our W. Carib cruise, because I was afraid we wouldn't make Cayman due to winds (like the previous week and, it turns out, subsequent). I checked weather.com every day and by the predictions, we were missing Cayman for sure. When we got there it was calm, sunny, and warm-had a wonderful day snorkeling with the stingrays and sightseeing.

This is one thing that it won't do you a bit of good to worry about, so I say, DON'T WORRY!!

However, I do wish YOU beautiful weather by your definition.

SUN AND WARMTH!

SUN AND WARMTH!

SUN AND WARMTH!

Have a great trip!

I come to the conclusion that a meterologist is the only job you can be wrong 99% of the time and still keep your job...and then blame something else for their mistake (like a high pressure system). MUST BE NICE!

Go have a good time for the rest of us!

It looks like a storm system will be following us for the entire trip!

sob, sob, sob...somebody, hold me. Tell me it'll be ok!!!! :)

DON'T PANIC!!!! You'll probably have some showers BUT there will we sun as well! Often, on HOT days, it's welcomed! What we call normal "Beach Weather" in SC! :p

We always cruise in January/February and have never had a WHOLE week of bad weather ... just a few showers and a bit of partly cloudy skys from time to time. You'll see the SUN! Cheer Up! :)

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

If I were you I'd stay home.........my e-mail is in my profile, contact me and I'll take those darn tickets off your hands. I've struggled through the rain before, it's not easy but I have broad shoulders.

I like your attitude!

Lol

-Monte

I was on the Sea 1/22 - 1/29 and our weather forcast looked the same. It was supposed to rain at 3 out of 4 stops. The only one it was supposed to be nice for was Cancun according to the weather channel. We had rain one day for about 15 minutes. It rained on our last day at sea at about 7:00 at night. Don't trust the weather forcasts. I was nervous too.

We are on the Sea too on 2/19. I'd prefer it didn't rain, but given the choice of Rochester NY with snow & cold or a cruise with rain & hot, cruise wins every time. Just can't wait to leave tomorrow. Guess I better get packing!!

Barb

Susan, I recommend that you do not go. It is supposed to snow this weekend in Denver. I have a couple of large tech projects you can get into while I take your cruise instead. I am certain that my 2 kids will ove it if you hang out with them. they on occasion drag snow and mud through the house, but it is so much better than being in the warmth and sun with occasional rain. If you have an S/O take him to our house with you, then I can take the wife, and I will mail you daily with details.

I will take one for the team on this one.

G

First, the reports are almost always wrong, except about 24 hours in advance. Second, the tropics always have rain in the forecast... it is not unusual for a perfectly sunny day to suddenly turn cloudy, rain for 10 mins, then return to sun. Third, you can't do anything about it, so why worry? Fourth, I'll take the tix if none of the other offers interest you.

Archived