Help!!! Lost Passport leaving tomorrow!!!

matondo

Safe -- not in a closet -- not behind a picture -- too obvious.

Well, since our safe was built into the closet wall by the original owners of the house, we didn't have a whole lot of choice as to where to put it. I guess thieves could just yank out the wall after they got past the security system, but we don't worry too much about that happening. The "good stuff" is in the safety deposit box at the bank anyway.....:)

Did anyone who have been following this thread not go look for their passports last night or today? I think most of us probably wanted to be sure where ours are.

Not only did I go looking for mine, but I've left it out for my visit to the Veendam this Sunday. Don't want to forget it after finding it.:)

It also helps if you don't wait until the day before you leave to check to make sure you have your documents!

If any of you have ever watched my favorite British sitcom, Absolutely Fabulous, you'll know that the last thing you do as you're leaving the house is double-check...

TICKETS MONEY PASSPORT!

I actually write that on a post-it and put it on the inside of the front door so I cannot leave without seeing it. And, yes, I've had to turn around and retrieve an item or two! ;)

Some years ago we were on I think a RCCL ship and DW put our passports, customs declaration and other important items in a medium sized manila envelope and stuck it in the "desk" drawer the night before debarking so they would be "handy". We got up to go to breakfast and the envelope was gone! She was frantic, I was well, mostly annoyed ;) "are you SURE you put it there????" Searching through the carry-ons, check the safe (again) "Did I put it in the Luggage by mistake???" About to go to the front desk to report a theft?, our own foolishness? we were at a loss to know what to do.

Finally, after remembering something similar that had happened at work, I pulled out all the drawers in the desk and the envelope (which had been sitting on top of other items in the shallow top drawer) was down at the bottom, leaning against the wall in the space behind the drawers. It had caught somehow and been dragged over the back of the drawer when opened to retrieve it.

How do you spell relief?? :D :rolleyes:

I think the OP is a fake - he/she would have come back to tell us.

Don't waste anymore time on this.

?????

They might have found their passport and are on a international flight. Or, maybe headed to NYC which they said was the closest walk-in center for a same day passport.

Ours is in our safe deposit box at the bank. After last night I began to wonder if I really did put it back.

Ours used to be at the bank in the safety deposit box too. Then I decided I might forget to go get them and the bank won't reopen in time for us to make our flight.

Now we keep them in the safe at home.

B

Did anyone who have been following this thread not go look for their passports last night or today? I think most of us probably wanted to be sure where ours are.

I have been meaning to get ours and add them to "The Folder" -the folder for all our reservations for our cruise in Nov. This thread prompted me to finally do it. Folder stays on Family Room coffee table until packing time and it has it's own pocket in the carry-on piece. Double check we have folder several times before leaving home and again when we get to the stop sign at the end of our street.

It was 11pm last night and I did check and it was in the right place. Phew.

But it was a great exercise because maybe it somehow got replaced somewhere else too after our last trip, just like a lot of reports shared last night. Maybe I didn't take it out of that travel purse? Check and double check.

One thing we always do is before the car leaves the driveway, is to show each other our passports one more time.

Ours is a small safe built into the wall of our master bedroom closet. A thief would have to take out the entire wall to get it out of the house. :D

We also have a safe built into the wall by the Former Owners, & yes they would have to take out the entire wall to get ours as well..

I think the OP is a fake - he/she would have come back to tell us.

Don't waste anymore time on this.

What gave you that idea...The OP has been a regular poster on this board & truly needed help..She's probably either was able to get a passport & is on her way, or still working it out & does not have time to come back on-line..

Cheers....:)Betty

If they were heading to NY, the airports have had from 2 to 4 hour flight delays today. That might have worked in their favor. Did they ever say where they were leaving from?

Columbus Ohio thru DTW and then overseas.

But it was a great exercise because maybe it somehow got replaced somewhere else too after our last trip, just like a lot of reports shared last night. Maybe I didn't take it out of that travel purse? Check and double check.

Good advice. When I got home from one of my cruise and for some strange reason I didn't immediately put my passport up. I laid it down on the dining table with some paperwork that I needed to file. A family member came over that week while I was out of the house to surprise me by cleaning up my house for me. Instead of leaving the passport out for me to put up, she filed it for me - amongst all my bills. I had a massive panic attack when I went to do online check in for my next cruise because I couldn't find it. I searched my house for 2.5 days before I thankfully found it. Ever since then I usually do a document check at least a couple of months before the cruise, then every couple of weeks as the cruise approaches.

If they were heading to NY, the airports have had from 2 to 4 hour flight delays today. That might have worked in their favor. Did they ever say where they were leaving from?

They were flying through Detroit.

:confused: You think he'll get some detectives assigned?

I don't think he needs to have a "Backup" yet.

I sense that no news is good news.:) In most cases, you don't post on CC while on an airplane. Though it is now available.

No matter what. A good lesson and reminder for all.

I sense that no news is good news.:) In most cases, you don't post on CC while on an airplane. Though it is now available.

No matter what. A good lesson and reminder for all.

My hope is her Congressman in Ohio was able to get things in motion and she was able to pick up her passport in Detroit. Many overseas flights from DTW are red-eyes. Maybe, just maybe they got out of Columbus in time to pick up a passport in Detroit. Wouldn't that be a happy ending? The passport office is probably about a half hour from the airport. Maybe just maybe it worked out.

My hope is her Congressman in Ohio was able to get things in motion and she was able to pick up her passport in Detroit. Many overseas flights from DTW are red-eyes. Maybe, just maybe they got out of Columbus in time to pick up a passport in Detroit. Wouldn't that be a happy ending? The passport office is probably about a half hour from the airport. Maybe just maybe it worked out.

Hopefully, that's what happened. And you can bet she'll find that passport when she gets home.

You only need your driver's license, Carol. Don't get nervous when Security holds your ID until you leave the ship. That is routine. Enjoy your visit. :)

that depends on what country you are visiting. some, egypt for example, require you have your passport on your person. several other countries i've been to are the same.

Archived