Radiance Cabin 1102 Aft.

ddean52

There is no "ugly"! Those aft facing cabins are great with huge balconies. Some folks don't like those cabins because of the longer walk from the stairs or elevators. Doesn't bother me a bit!

Great! Thanks! We were just afraid that we will be under the outside area of WJ and hear chairs being moved all night (9 or 930p) and the motion issue.:eek:;)

Dean

I’ve had 1102 and 1104 on the Radiance class and LOVED them both. The balconies are so deep. We had two lounge chairs and two regular chairs , a small table and still had room for more! We did not mind the long walk to the cabin ( helped with weight control) , but wish there were some aft stairs.

The only time we heard any slight noise from the open windjammer above, was when we were going through the Canal and had trouble hearing the commentary as the folks at the Windjammer railing were chatting. I looked up, politely explained we could not hear the commentary and they were more than pleasant.

We did wipe the furniture down, especially if wearing white, as soot can land on the balcony. If you are by the balcony railing, folks can see you from above. As I recall, the area by the cabin sliding door is very private.

We had 1104 booked for an upcoming Radiance sailing from Tampa and switched to 9256. ( corner aft) I still wonder if I made the right choice. I’ll find out next week!

I am pretty easy to please and am happy in most any balcony, heck I am basically happy anywhere on a ship, but we really liked the Radiance aft cabins. I hope you enjoy the cabin and balcony as much I did .

Enjoy

M

Hey, just returned from a great Alaska trip on Radiance, and while on cruise booked cabin 1102, aft. Just looking for some good info. on this cabin;the good bad and ugly! Thanks:eek:;)!

Dean

We agree that it was a great trip on the Radiance. We have had 3 aft cabins on the Radiance class, including 1102 on the Serenade. The others were 1100 on the Jewel and 7172 on the Radiance for the 14 day Alaskan cruise.

Noise is almost nil. We did here some dragging noises coming from the Windjammer in both 1100 and 1102 once or twice around 3AM and we heard the same noise once in 7172 this past trip on the Radiance again around 3AM. It woke my wife but not me. I think they were moving some large equipment that could not be done during the day. Since the Windjammer closes early in the evening it is almost noise free from 9PM on.

Privacy is very good but if people lean over the rail from the Windjammer they can see about 20% of your balcony. And they do lean over a lot the first few days but seldom after that.

Soot. Never had a problem on the Serenade or Jewel but we did have a lot of soot on 3 days during the Alaskan cruise. Not sure why we had it on the Radiance and not the others but it was a minor nuisance and we used towels to wipe off the soot.

Space. The balcony on 1102 is quite big and can easily handle 2 chairs a table plus 2 lounge chairs. We asked for, and got, 2 loungers on the first day.

You have a great cabin and a wondeful balcony with a great view. Make that a spectacular view.

I’ve had 1102 and 1104 on the Radiance class and LOVED them both. The balconies are so deep. We had two lounge chairs and two regular chairs , a small table and still had room for more! We did not mind the long walk to the cabin ( helped with weight control) , but wish there were some aft stairs.

The only time we heard any slight noise from the open windjammer above, was when we were going through the Canal and had trouble hearing the commentary as the folks at the Windjammer railing were chatting. I looked up, politely explained we could not hear the commentary and they were more than pleasant.

We did wipe the furniture down, especially if wearing white, as soot can land on the balcony. If you are by the balcony railing, folks can see you from above. As I recall, the area by the cabin sliding door is very private.

We had 1104 booked for an upcoming Radiance sailing from Tampa and switched to 9256. ( corner aft) I still wonder if I made the right choice. I’ll find out next week!

I am pretty easy to please and am happy in most any balcony, heck I am basically happy anywhere on a ship, but we really liked the Radiance aft cabins. I hope you enjoy the cabin and balcony as much I did .

Enjoy

M

The wrap around in 9256 is excellent but the deeper balcony on 1104 is also excellent. I have had 2 wrap arounds and would always choose a wrap around if there is a choice. There really is no bad choice between 1104 and 9256. Enjoy.

There are tons of reviews/posts for Cabin 1100, your next door neighbor on the Radiance class so you should be able to find a lot of pictures, etc.

We have sailed 1100 3 times on the Brilliance and its our fav so far. You will have some noise from the WJ at lunch time while in port (at sea, the wake sounds drown out noise).....nothing horrible..just the normal drone of people eating/dishes clanking but very muted while you are on the balcony. No one can see you unless you stand right at the balcony railing. In the early morning hours sometimes you can hear the tables/chairs being moved around while they are cleaning the deck.

Your view will be 180 degrees unobstructed...just beautiful:

35ir9ts.jpg

Archived